Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Roguelikes  (Read 3683 times)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelikes
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 09:06:44 am »

What, they can do thay?  Hahahah that's awesome.  I've seen them equip spears and stuff that I chuck at 'em, but I didn't expect that.

That reminds me, it would be real nice if the game's combat log thing displayed vital stuff in different colors.  I usually totally ignore the log, since most of it's just "you swing!  You miss.  It swings!  It hits.".  Over and over again.

But then I miss that little part about where the zombie's given me leprosy, which kind of ruins my day when something falls off while I'm walking around on the next level, faaaar away from the entrance.  So probably even more crap will fall off while I'm trying to get back to the healer in the village.

Or if the game just indicated that I have leprosy, like a little status indicator, like it has for poisoned or levitating.

Or even periodic messages, like "your [limb] festers", or whatever.  You know, something.

...Also, it took me a damn long time to notice how much gold I had, and where it tells me that.  Completely my fault, but I still blame the game for it.  It was probably hiding it from me, and just forgot to hide it that one time.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 11:20:55 am »

Also- Did anyone else try applying a wand instead of zapping it their first time? That was a good way to lose a character. >.>
In Nethack this could actually save your ass. #break(ing) a wand in Nethack creates a massive effect depending on the wand.

And yes, adom does work over telnet, and quite well too.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 05:51:48 pm »

Also- Did anyone else try applying a wand instead of zapping it their first time? That was a good way to lose a character. >.>

too many goddamn times ;p
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!
Pages: 1 [2]