Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Best Political Ad Ever  (Read 3321 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
The Best Political Ad Ever
« on: February 05, 2010, 08:58:17 pm »

I'll always have fond memories of watching Mike Gravel fishbreath and throw rocks, but the title Best Political Ad Ever has finally found a new champion.  If you watch American national news at all, you've probably seen the best parts, but especially for our foreign friends I'll link to it here.

Carly Fiorina wants you to know Tom Campbell is a fraud, in the most disturbing way possible.

Yes, it's three and a half minutes long.  There's a pretty funny part in the beginning, but it drags in the middle.  I urge you to watch the whole thing (but don't watch it while high), but the already infamous part that you need to see starts at 2:20.  Enjoy.

For the interested, it's an advertisement from the Republican party primary race for California's upcoming Senate election.  For what that matters.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: The Best Political Ad Ever
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:19:05 pm »

I watched the whole thing. The way the narrator spoke made the sheep sound quite dramatic.

Then it got to the really hilarious part. Very hilarious.

But aren't they calling Republicans sheep (not on purpose, probably)? Is that really the kind of thing a Republican wants to do?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:25:29 pm »

Wow... that's just... wow.  I have no idea what I just watched.  It's like entering some kind of weird universe where everything is a twisted parody of itself.

And the sheep imagery... it's like they were trying to start.

I guess they might have had a point about Tom Campbell not being a fiscal conservative, although I'd be surprised if anyone could take that point seriously.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 11:23:33 pm »

Oh man, at first I was like, Oh boy, politics, blah blah blah.  Then I was like, Huh.  THEN I was like, WTF?  Then I was like, W.  T.  F.

Then I started laughing and couldn't stop.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 12:41:39 am »

EVIL SHEEP.
What the hell was that..

Who w

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 12:43:36 am »

We all know a parties worst enemy is other members of the party.

I was slightly disappointed that the crazy bit didn't extend into the boardroom scene that came next. Seeing that poking around an office... Good lord, that would have been too much.

I'm also having the sudden craving for pork and lamb chops.

I'll always have fond memories of watching Mike Gravel fishbreath and throw rocks, but the title Best Political Ad Ever has finally found a new champion.
Nononono, nothing can beat this. The guy stares you down for a solid minute either out of distrust or distrust and a need to let you know your place. Then he chucks a rock into a lake. Demon sheep cannot top this.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 12:59:02 am by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 12:44:31 am »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 01:25:24 am »

Sheep>Rock.

Begin flames.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 02:47:03 am »

ITT: Advertisements that make you vow to do the exact opposite of what they suggest.

Also, did anyone see that walmart commercial? "People who spent $100 a week on frequently purchased items at other grocery stores can save up to $64 a month at WalMart*

*Excludes meat, groceries, and other items."
RRRAAAAAEEEEEEGGG

...also, the republicans totally called themselves sheep.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 03:26:15 am »

Argh. Everybody acts like taxes are the worst thing in the history of mankind and should be exterminated, or, at least, kept as low as possible.
Why don't they see that the government needs their money. They're not raising them for no reason, you know. And the taxes you pay will probably reflect on you in one way or another.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 03:45:05 am »

Argh. Everybody acts like taxes are the worst thing in the history of mankind and should be exterminated, or, at least, kept as low as possible.
Why don't they see that the government needs their money. They're not raising them for no reason, you know. And the taxes you pay will probably reflect on you in one way or another.
Because the government does not need that money. A large number of entitlements have been promised to the American people, without the means to pay for it, but that in no way implies need. One could (and, for a very large number of functions, I do) say that the government would be just as well off excising programs that aren't providing benefits commensurate with the investment.

I'd start with the military--while the military runs much more lean of an operation than is commonly thought by the public, there's a hell of a lot of money in projects designed to fight the last war instead of the current war. But there's a great deal of cruft everywhere. At this point the only reason I would support tax hikes is specifically to reduce the growth of the deficit to below-inflation levels. And no more.

But that means that politicians can't promise their constituents more bread and circuses, so that will never happen. Instead, short-sighted greed will result in a financial mess that won't be cleaned up in my lifetime.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 04:04:12 am »

Demon Mansheep questions your position.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 05:23:23 am »

Because the government does not need that money. A large number of entitlements have been promised to the American people, without the means to pay for it, but that in no way implies need. One could (and, for a very large number of functions, I do) say that the government would be just as well off excising programs that aren't providing benefits commensurate with the investment.

I'd start with the military--while the military runs much more lean of an operation than is commonly thought by the public, there's a hell of a lot of money in projects designed to fight the last war instead of the current war. But there's a great deal of cruft everywhere. At this point the only reason I would support tax hikes is specifically to reduce the growth of the deficit to below-inflation levels. And no more.

But that means that politicians can't promise their constituents more bread and circuses, so that will never happen. Instead, short-sighted greed will result in a financial mess that won't be cleaned up in my lifetime.

Okay then.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 06:57:21 am »

I can see some of Blacken points, I would like to know your actual counter points Aqizzar then creepy, pointless picture.

Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 06:59:31 am »

I can see some of Blacken's points, I would like to know your actual counter points Aqizzar then creepy, pointless picture.

I don't think Aqizzar is actually debating Blacken's points.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4