Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Notrium  (Read 28950 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Notrium
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 08:04:09 am »

i suppose you beat the game in version 1.2?

Can't say.
I believe I got it when it was on a CD/DVD, back then when I was still buying computer magazines so probably in 2003/2004.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 08:34:42 am »

Downloaded, played a little last night, gonna play more today. Got a human and Alien killed.

Game needs a way to record item recipies. Hard to remember what you made with what.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 08:54:27 am »

I remember giving this a try once.

Started with a human.  It did not end well.

I'm a really slow, cautious player (that is, a TEENY COWARD BABY), so I sorta huddled in the starting hut forever.

Huddled around a fire in there/outside for about a day, and then I started exploring the start area, fending off tiny aliems with a pipe.  I don't think I got out of the start area - or it I did, I'm quite certain I didn't finish finding all the components for the basic gun.

So yeah, once he was dead, I tried for an alien.  Don't recall what happened with him, but I'm pretty sure the one area I remember that WASN'T the start area, I explored with the alien.

I probably quit, then.

I didn't have much fun with it.  But then again, I didn't survive to get any of the cool stuff, like having a brood of my own aliens, or turrets.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 10:20:11 pm »

there is a way to open the map editor and help you , find it out yourself

btw , heres a hint : there is a pistol chassis outside the starting house , top right , under the big tree , if you are a human and fix that pistol , drop it near the hermit(if you hadnt killed him) and he will get the pistol , with deadly accuracy , and he has infinity ammo(all npcs have infinity ammo for their weapons anyway)
also , as for alien , try circling your prey , if you get motion sencing , watch the map and if you see a blip , go in for the kill(remember to pick up the stuff it leaves)

also , ultimate combination thread(warning , contains uber spoiler) : http://www.monkkonen.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2161 , highlight the words to see it
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 10:24:41 pm by Ze Spy »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 02:42:05 am »

and now , i will give the secret code to open the map editor to place weapons and all that crap everywhere :

NOTE : SPOILERS , IT MAKES THE GAME ITSY PITSY EASY
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 03:48:38 am »

pointless nercomancy post

i just remembered that you can put spawners in the editor

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 07:12:47 am »

I enjoyed this thing quite a bit. Werivar expansion mod was the sole thing I wrote a mod editor for Notrium (not finished, but they even wrote my nick at Notrium page  ;D).

Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 11:44:57 am »

Man, I remember trying this a while back. I thought it was cool but didn't get very far. I think I'll give it another go  ;)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 11:57:23 pm »

Nerco-ing an old thread here, but i can't figure out how to save in this, I go to save, type in my mane(for the name of the save) hit enter, then... nothing, it doesn't save, but still an awesome game from what i have played
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 12:28:04 am »

Oh hey look it's that one game I never bothered to try even though it looked interesting...! I'm going to just go ahead and download this now.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Ø

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 12:36:09 am »

I just beat it last week as an android.

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 01:49:14 am »

I think the link in the url has a bugged game file. It doesn't save.

Not to mention Psionics are physically unplayable. I don't have a radio to give to the guy, and i also cannot get one, nor can i KILL him. I tried, psionics don't have a single ability to.

Edit: Saving fixed.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:55:46 am by Hugna »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 01:57:16 am »

well psionics

Never really got into it considering that you eventually run out of mushrooms to eat, aliens stop spawning so your can't grow as alien fast, psionics require hours of walking around trying to find a certain spot.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 06:21:30 am »

Nerco-ing an old thread here, but i can't figure out how to save in this, I go to save, type in my mane(for the name of the save) hit enter, then... nothing, it doesn't save, but still an awesome game from what i have played

Not sure if this helps, but if you have Windows Vista, it might not let you save it unless it's running in administrator mode. I think that's happened to me with various games before, haha.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2010, 09:41:58 am »

well psionics

Never really got into it considering that you eventually run out of mushrooms to eat, aliens stop spawning so your can't grow as alien fast, psionics require hours of walking around trying to find a certain spot.

I know mushrooms respawn. And there's plenty enough anyway.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7