Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51

Author Topic: The Expedition  (Read 64735 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Expedition
« Reply #735 on: April 29, 2010, 09:11:45 pm »

Grab liquid nitrogen first and then go past the wasp room

Supported.
Ditto. Also, where's the tail?

Before we go can we do a quick check on the chest for exposed hinges?  If there are exposed hinges we might be able to melt them off with acid.
We shouldn't fool around with acid. We might destroy the loot no matter how careful we are.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 29, 2010, 09:15:43 pm »

Grab liquid nitrogen first and then go past the wasp room

Supported.
Ditto. Also, where's the tail?

Before we go can we do a quick check on the chest for exposed hinges?  If there are exposed hinges we might be able to melt them off with acid.
We shouldn't fool around with acid. We might destroy the loot no matter how careful we are.
I don't believe that will work, considering the chest was covered with a bit of acid...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 30, 2010, 11:37:41 am »

The red chest has no exterior hinges. The remaining rope wrapped around the chest has fallen apart. The chest has taken only cosmetic damage.

You go around to fill the bowl with the cold fluid. As you pass through the bloodstained intersection south of the Cold Pool Room, you step on a pressure plate. Spears jut from the walls into the hallway and then retract. One of them catches in your shield, by chance, and you weren't impaled. But your shield has a big crack in it now.

You fill the bowl and head back through the intersection and upstairs. You pass over the pit trap again, and this time the mechanism breaks down. The pit is stuck open. But you can still get across using your rope and an iron spike, throwing it to catch in the seam between the pit trap door and the edge of the regular floor.

You go all the way upstairs to the Wasp Nest Room, continuing west to the unexplored room.

There is a long stone-block bench with holes in the top. There's nothing else in the room.

Inventory: 17/30
Covered in a Thick Layer of Dust
Clothes {Worn} (Ripped Up Shirt, Pants, Belt, Socks, Boots, Underwear, Hat Made of Underwear, Face Scarf, Snakeskin Fedora)
Backpack {Worn}
Armor {Worn} (None)
Shield {Held} (Cracked)
Helm
Engraved Lighter (Over Half)
Torch (3/4)
Knife {Wielded}
Scumlamp {Belt} (Over Half) (Lit)
Dented Canteen (Full)
Charcoal (Half)
Rope (50 Feet)
Supple Leather Rope (45 Feet)
Snake Meat (1)
Iron Spike
Brass Moon Key
Spider Corpse
Sliver of Ice
Scorpion Tail

Your right hand is badly burned. Your left leg is punctured and bandaged. Your left hand is scratched.

EXITS: E (Entered from E)

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 30, 2010, 11:57:11 am »

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

>...Open move over to the bench, and look into the holes...
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 30, 2010, 12:40:30 pm »

The bench doesn't open. It's a solid construction. You smell mold and damp from the row of holes. It looks like the bench is hollow underneath, the stone is only a few inches thick, and so all the holes go to the same place.

Inventory: 17/30
Covered in a Thick Layer of Dust
Clothes {Worn} (Ripped Up Shirt, Pants, Belt, Socks, Boots, Underwear, Hat Made of Underwear, Face Scarf, Snakeskin Fedora)
Backpack {Worn}
Armor {Worn} (None)
Shield {Held} (Cracked)
Helm
Engraved Lighter (Over Half)
Torch (3/4)
Knife {Wielded}
Scumlamp {Belt} (Over Half) (Lit)
Dented Canteen (Full)
Charcoal (Half)
Rope (50 Feet)
Supple Leather Rope (45 Feet)
Snake Meat (1)
Iron Spike
Brass Moon Key
Spider Corpse
Sliver of Ice
Scorpion Tail

Your right hand is badly burned. Your left leg is punctured and bandaged. Your left hand is scratched.

EXITS: E (Entered from E)

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 30, 2010, 01:32:53 pm »

>Ignore the toilet.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 30, 2010, 01:36:58 pm »

Okay.
>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 30, 2010, 01:47:44 pm »

Oh wait.
>Go south of the pit on level 3, jumping around the corner, so as not to trigger it. Or something
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 30, 2010, 03:07:18 pm »

You use the rope and spike trick, to get across the pit: you tie the iron spike to the end of your supple leather rope, then throw the spike across while holding the rope. With mental urging the rope snaps the spike down so it wedges in between the open pit trap and the normal floor.

Like this, except you're not carrying a torch anymore.

Then you slide down into the pit and climb back out using the rope, collecting it after you're on the other side.

All this doesn't do your burned hand any favors.

Now you're south of the pit trap on Level 3. Looking south you see a room with a huge dusty bronze statue against the far south wall. The statue grins down at you in the flickering light of your Scumlamp. It's a portly, robed man holding a pear-shaped mace.

>
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:16:37 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 30, 2010, 03:16:54 pm »

Also: map update.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 12, 2010, 01:32:18 pm »

Uhm... Go south, I guess.

Though I don't trust this statue. It's grinning  :-\
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 21, 2010, 05:09:33 pm »

Bumpit. This done or is it still going?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 21, 2010, 06:20:47 pm »

I'll get back to it. I've just been Busy Bee.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 21, 2010, 07:35:57 pm »

I won't participate anymore in this, after the wave of people like maxicaxi and Flagrarus, I kind of lost hope in Forum Games and Roleplaying.

The Expedition -1 player!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 21, 2010, 07:41:33 pm »

I won't participate anymore in this, after the wave of people like maxicaxi and Flagrarus, I kind of lost hope in Forum Games and Roleplaying.
I don't blame you. Try going to games that discourage stupidity.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51