Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51

Author Topic: The Expedition  (Read 64745 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Expedition
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2010, 06:02:57 pm »

...Yeah, The game is going so fast. I have no idea where we are right now.

Also, Fighting a GDS. That's a bad idea.

Oh, and;
DAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNN YOOOOOUUUUU FLAGRARUS!
That seems appropriate. ::)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:05:00 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 29, 2010, 12:47:51 am »

Savescum to the boss fight autosave just before the scorpion.
Then, get the bow, and arrows, and attack the scorpion from range.

And, Phantom.... There was likely more wasps in it. possibly the queen, and drones. So, I think it was a fair exchange.

Alternatively, savescum to before the nest got burned, or, to the autosave where the last of the 10 wasps dies.

Oh, and a GDS (size 10) couldn't fit under a bed.
Also, The bigger a scorp is, the lest potent the poison. Besides the GDS.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:52:38 am by JoshBrickstien »
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 29, 2010, 07:33:59 am »

I doubt we got poisoned by it's pincers, though I could be wrong. ???

You were going to climb into a giant wasp nest looking for loot? Sorry about the scorpion, though, even if it isn't a GDS.

And the reason I got so many turns is because this was when Leo was posting, and me and Josh were apparently the only ones who were posting in this thread then. I figured we should take this opportunity and make some progress...

On the bright side, the thing is almost dead.  :D
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 29, 2010, 09:09:38 am »

Ah shut up, at least let a third party weigh into this besides you doing everything. Like the other regulars.

And I meant breaking it open a bit, look, take valuable stuff, burn nest.

What, you know how we killed the GCS back there? We took the damn easy way out and burnt it to death with acid. We used damn liquid nitrogen to freeze the freakin water monster. You couldn't choose the easy way out like those?

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 29, 2010, 10:00:16 am »

Ah shut up, at least let a third party weigh into this besides you doing everything. Like the other regulars.

And I meant breaking it open a bit, look, take valuable stuff, burn nest.

What, you know how we killed the GCS back there? We took the damn easy way out and burnt it to death with acid. We used damn liquid nitrogen to freeze the freakin water monster. You couldn't choose the easy way out like those?

I am not the one who actually does the updates. I post suggestions, and then Leo updates it. He was posting now now, and I was, but apparently you weren't, and most of the other regulars either weren't on this forum or just busy.

And the only thing I did before Josh was there was burn down the nest, which I still think was worth it because it means no more giant wasps ( from there, anyways ). We could have opened it up first, but then the rest of them would have probably come out, and we would already be near it meaning we might not get an opportunity to set off another smoke bomb. We could have made it beforehand and then used it just before opening up the web, then run out of there, but even then to loot it we would have to get close with no guarantee our smoke reached them in there.

Josh was there from that point onwards, and usually posted before me even, yet you are only addressing me. Even if I hadn't been there, Josh would have probably attacked the scorpion as he did now ( not trying to shift the blame to you Josh, because I could have stopped it if I had wanted to, but didn't ).
I figured since we did so well against the bees we could probably take it on, even though they were lethargic.

Other than that, I didn't do anything irreversible, just picking up a few items and that backpack, and moving around in the rooms.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 29, 2010, 10:51:36 am »

Sometimes people will post while I'm on, and do a run of actions without any other input. The only reason I'll wait is if I don't feel like updating or if the action is silly and self-destructive (so others can veto if they like).

And Phantom, I recall you being the first one to do a run of posts and waste the assault rifle bullets in the very beginning ;P

Update in a sec.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the first knife you found is in the Turtle Fountain hoard right now, you dropped it off a long time ago in favor of carrying the mace.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 29, 2010, 10:54:09 am »

You back off, waiting to see what the scorpion does. It waves its tail around weakly, and in some time stops moving.

Nothing else is moving in the room.

Inventory: 16/30
Covered in a Thick Layer of Dust
Clothes {Worn} (Ripped Up Shirt, Pants, Belt, Socks, Boots, Underwear, Hat Made of Underwear, Arm Guards Made of Pants, Face Scarf, Snakeskin Fedora)
Backpack {Worn}
Armor {Worn} (None)
Shield {Held}
Helm
Engraved Lighter (Over Half)
Torch (3/4)
Knife
Scumlamp {Belt} (Over Half) (Lit)
Dented Canteen (Full)
Charcoal (Half)
Rope (50 Feet)
Supple Leather Rope (Slightly Less Than 50 Feet)
Snake Meat (1)
Iron Spike
Brass Moon Key
Spider Corpse
Sliver of Ice

Your right hand is badly burned. Your left leg is punctured and bleeding. Your left hand is scratched.

EXITS: S (Entered from S)

>
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:00:46 am by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 29, 2010, 11:00:05 am »

remove armguards, bandage leg.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 29, 2010, 11:02:17 am »

Do you mean remove the armguards and bandage your leg with them?

Also, map update. You guys are on Level 1 on the west side in the room conveniently marked "SCORPION".
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 29, 2010, 11:04:25 am »

Yep.

Also, butcher the scorpion with knife.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 29, 2010, 11:14:05 am »

You take off your Armguards Made of Pants and use them to bandage your leg. As they originally came from a rotting dead man and you have been sweating into them and they are caked with dust from the shelves in the invisible chest room, they are somewhat less than sterile. But at least you're not bleeding to death!

You carve up the scorpion corpse with your knife. You're left with a bunch of goop, some scraps of exoskeleton, two pincers, and the tail stinger.

Clothes {Worn} (Ripped Up Shirt, Pants, Belt, Socks, Boots, Underwear, Hat Made of Underwear, Face Scarf, Snakeskin Fedora)
Backpack {Worn}
Armor {Worn} (None)
Shield {Held}
Helm
Torch (3/4)
Knife {Wielded}
Dented Canteen (Full)
Charcoal (Half)
Rope (50 Feet)
Snake Meat (1)
Iron Spike
Brass Moon Key
Spider Corpse
Sliver of Ice

Your right hand is badly burned. Your left leg is punctured and bandaged. Your left hand is scratched.

EXITS: S (Entered from S)

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 29, 2010, 11:16:00 am »

Take the stinger. It'll be useful if we can find a way to inject the venom...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 29, 2010, 02:40:55 pm »

Sometimes people will post while I'm on, and do a run of actions without any other input. The only reason I'll wait is if I don't feel like updating or if the action is silly and self-destructive (so others can veto if they like).

And Phantom, I recall you being the first one to do a run of posts and waste the assault rifle bullets in the very beginning ;P

Update in a sec.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the first knife you found is in the Turtle Fountain hoard right now, you dropped it off a long time ago in favor of carrying the mace.
Hey, you didn't specify how many bullets were in it. You edited to make me be seen as a item waster I believe.
Besides, why the hell would we not have a full magazine? Are we fighting the damn Hezbollah?

Put radscorpion bits on bed.
Drag bed.

And how do you reverse burning a freaking nest?

I have no fucking idea going on after Flagrarus' and Josh's suggestion stream.
Go past the damn water monster into the next level. Ignoring the idea they're may have been stuff in the beehive.
I Veto everything after this.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 29, 2010, 03:08:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You head back down past the Water Monster in the Fish Fountain on Level 4, descending down to the bottom of the stairs on Level 5. As you pass the Water Monster fountain, you notice that the fallen chunks from the shattered monster are melting, but not as fast as the chunk you took. Also the frozen pool itself has a thin layer of water on top. You can still see that metal chest far below in the pool.

Anyway, you're at the bottom of the stairs looking South. You can head down the hall and go west, east, or continue south down the hall.

Clothes {Worn} (Ripped Up Shirt, Pants, Belt, Socks, Boots, Underwear, Hat Made of Underwear, Face Scarf, Snakeskin Fedora)
Backpack {Worn}
Armor {Worn} (None)
Shield {Held}
Helm
Torch (3/4)
Knife {Wielded}
Dented Canteen (Full)
Charcoal (Half)
Rope (50 Feet)
Snake Meat (1)
Iron Spike
Brass Moon Key
Spider Corpse
Sliver of Ice

Your right hand is badly burned. Your left leg is punctured and bandaged. Your left hand is scratched.

EXITS: S, U (Entered from U)

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 29, 2010, 03:11:45 pm »