Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51

Author Topic: The Expedition  (Read 64763 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: The Expedition
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2010, 02:16:30 am »

Go back and club/stab more snakes

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2010, 02:29:43 am »

I don't know about a full assault... the description suggests that LeoLeonardo is rolling dice to determine the outcome, and if we take on dozens of snakes, we're going to get bitten eventually.
Actually, maybe we should look into that north room first and just eat snakes for food until we find out how to get rid of them.

Okay, instead of returning to the place:
> go north from hub

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2010, 02:30:13 am »

>But first, fill the canteen (that everyone else seems to have forgotten) with water.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2010, 02:34:42 am »

Eh? It was supposed to have been filled before the snake-duel...
Spoiler: My action (click to show/hide)
I guess when I changed my action it got lost in the fray.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2010, 02:40:50 am »

There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2010, 02:45:22 am »

You drag the snake back to the fountain area and drop it on the ground. Yep, very dead. You slurp from the fountain again, which turns out to be a pretty good idea. Killin' snakes is thirsty work!

You then remember your canteen. You fill it with water from the fountain.

You remove the scraps of shirt from the bayonet and use your belt instead. At first it seemed like the shirt would have made a tighter bond because it's cloth and all, but you really wrapped that belt on there but good.

You wipe some sweat off your brow with the Underwear Hat. Hey, good sign! You're able to sweat! You take another drink to celebrate.

You try putting your gun down and picking it back up again. It ... it's still empty  :-\

You feel like you might want to check out the passage north from the altar room. But first, it's snake-bashin' time! Illinois style! (2 votes vs 1)

This time when you return to the snake fountain room there's a snake already waiting for you just to the side of the entrance. It strikes out at you as you creep into the room. Its fangs bite deeply into your boot. You try to stab it with your bayonet but it's wrapping itself around your leg! It rears its head back to strike at your grappled leg!

And suddenly your pants fall down and cover its eyes. You simultaneously stab it with the bayonet.

The dart stays in the bayonet when you pull back, and you stab the snake again and again. It's squeezing your leg really hard but it's so far unable to get out of your tangled pants.

And with one last stab you hear the snake's skull crack. You punched right through with the muzzle of your gun. You pull the gun back and find the dart has broken apart and fallen off. The snake spasms a few times but you can pull your leg out.

You hear more slithering from the direction of the fountain.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2010, 02:50:39 am »

> go backwards out of the room
> behead snake and wear it as belt
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2010, 02:50:55 am »

You have gained stat: Poisoned.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2010, 02:51:32 am »

> drink again
> go north from hub

This is really awesome

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2010, 02:53:14 am »

There's an item in the fountain. It will be a circular disk with a square hole in the middle. We must eliminate the snakes (mechanism in another room? ammunition? new weapon?) and get the disk, then slot it into the east door to proceed.

EDIT: Also, Phantom made a good point: Does this mean the snake bit us?
Its fangs bite deeply into your boot.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 02:55:02 am by Cheddarius »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2010, 03:03:21 am »

You back out of the room into the hall, dragging the dead snake. It twitches and you drop it and smash it again. You try and try to cut the snake's head off but you don't have a cutting tool. You try smashing it with the butt of your rifle a few times but it doesn't work very well. You try wearing it around your waist. Heck, why not. With its final death throes the snake bites its own tail, giving you an excellent but heavy belt.

You head back to the turtle fountain and get another drink. You're over your dehydration. You take a moment to pull off your boot and check where the snake bit. It looks like the fangs did get through the leather, but you can't find a prick on your foot. Maybe it just caught a callus? Or your manly Illinois leg hair? Either way, it looks fine.

Inventory: 8/20
Clothes (Worn) (Shirt, Pants, Socks, Boots, Underwear, Hat Made of Underwear, Arm Guards Made of Pants)
Belt Made of Snake
AK-47 (Leather Belt Wrapped)
AK-47 Magazine (0 rounds, two gulps of water) (Face Scarf Wrapped)
Engraved Lighter (3/4) (Lit)
Canteen (Full)
2 Darts
Smelly Shirt Scraps

You amble back over West to the room with the shattered altar. Broken stone rubble lies in piles everywhere. Exits are N, E, S, W.

You head north.

It's a short hall that turns East. In front of you is a big metal cylinder set into a broad alcove in the wall. There is a raised relief of a soldier standing with a spear and shield and some pieces of metal armor. His helmet looks pretty sharp, sort of like a Greek helmet but with a horizontal fan of feathers as a crest. The cylinder is big enough that the soldier is normal human-sized.

EXITS: S, E (Entered from S)
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2010, 03:13:22 am »

> e
> wear belt and affix a dart with the scraps

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2010, 03:17:06 am »

You head East and find yourself at the top of a yawning circular pit that takes up the whole room. Above, an air shaft pierces the ceiling and trickles a little sand. A stairway made of long stone blocks jutting out from the wall circles the room as it descends.

You strap another dart to the gun with the shirt scraps.

EXITS: W, D (Entered from West)
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2010, 03:20:59 am »

> d
Just to be clear, the cylinder had an engraving of a soldier, right? Not a statue?

EDIT: OH MY GOSH GUYS THIS IS TOTES A PLOT HOOK
They look sleek, moist, and healthy. You don't see any water in the fountain though.
They're getting water... but from where?

EDIT2:
Spoiler: New B2 Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:30:45 am by Cheddarius »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2010, 03:32:14 am »

You descend the steps, one by one. They're a little too big so you have to make a reaching downward step and then shuffle a little to do the next one.

The stairs let out at the bottom with an exit to the south. This place would be terrifying if you weren't so awesome.

There are carved stone faces covering the walls, their eyes glowing blue and giving the area dim light. It seems like soft light without shadows, but you nevertheless spot glimpses of things skittering away from the edges of your vision. You don't hear a thing besides your quickening heartbeat.

At the base of the stairs is a circular pit. You cannot see the bottom. A cold breeze wafts up from it.

EXITS: U, S (Entered from U)
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51