Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51

Author Topic: The Expedition  (Read 64720 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: The Expedition
« Reply #225 on: February 09, 2010, 01:26:02 am »

Try to take out the other leg

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 09, 2010, 01:28:54 am »

Oh jesus
NOBODY DO ANYTHING
We have to wait until we have several players to make a consensus, this is way too dangerous

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2010, 01:31:11 am »

Dang it Cheddarius I had it written up but you ninja'd me. Alright fine get your fancy consensus  :-X

EDIT: Also, thanks for the compliments. We're riding this one to the end!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 02:00:40 am by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2010, 07:41:57 am »

Holy shit. Intelligent undead. It's using spear to keep itself up.

I doubt it'll speak english, but let's try talking to it.

Since it's hobbled, it should be simpler to bash if needed.

> Say "Hey, you seem intelligent. Can you understand me?"
>Prepare to dodge spear.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:40:45 am by rickvoid »

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2010, 01:52:23 pm »

If we are gonna talk to it, may i suggest that we do so.. while backpedaling..  Illinois Ricky exclaims.. " That was frikken cool!" <-- in reference to the bomb semi-debacle.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2010, 02:40:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You're pretty jazzed up about that bomb. Sure wish it had done more damage though ...

All that aside, you back up and say to the skeleton, "Hey man, can you talk?"

It doesn't reply, but continues hobbling toward you.

You say, "Look, I'm just trying to cut outta here. I know you're pretty frosted about that bomb but ... well dang, what do you say about something like that?"

"Hey nosebleed, what's your problem? I'm not tryin' to rattle your cage, I'm just-"

You have backed up to near the base of the stairs. The pit is behind you and the carved stone faces are all around. The skeleton is still out of melee range.

Inventory: 12/20
Clothes (Worn) (Shirt, Pants, Belt, Socks, Boots, Underwear, Hat Made of Underwear, Arm Guards Made of Pants, Face Scarf)
Engraved Lighter (Over Half)
Lantern (Empty)
1 Torch (Whole) (Lit)
2 Torches (Whole)
2 Bombs
Canteen (Full of Water)
1 Bota Bag (Full of Oil)
Brass Moon Key
1 Dart
Charcoal (Whole)

>

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:07:45 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 09, 2010, 03:07:35 pm »

>Circle behind him, pull the spear out of his hands, then kick him into the pit while screaming "THIS! IS! NOT-SPARTA!!"

We should be more careful with those explosive in the future. I briefly considered making a launcher of some sort, but abandonned the idea as overly complicated.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2010, 03:25:17 pm »

You wait until the SKELETON, SCARY BAD THING has its weight on the spear, and you lunge around it. It shifts its weight, trying to get up on its one leg, and manages to smack you in the upper leg with the butt of the spear. You get around it though, and grab the spear, and kick it into the pit.

The skeleton grabs your shirt with its other bony claw and drags you down with it. You're holding on to the lip of the pit with just one hand, and the skeleton holds onto your ripping shirt with one hand.

It tries to stab at you with the spear and cuts your pants, scratching your hip. You try kicking it off but can't and you feel your fingers slipping. The skeleton stabs again, nicking the elbow of your free hand.

You grab the lip of the pit with both hands and haul yourself out. You manage to kick the skeleton off of you and it tears your shirt to ribbons as it falls into the darkness below.

Moments later you hear an indeterminate echo. Then all is quiet. The smoke has dispersed.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 09, 2010, 03:33:53 pm »

We could cauterize our wound (depending on severity), heating the spikes in our torch.. then sizzle.. but.. i guess tetnus is preferable to a burn infection.  Damn.. i wanted that spear. 

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 09, 2010, 03:36:49 pm »

All acording to plan.

Besides, this is an Indiana Jones esque adventure. Our shirt was doomed from the beginning.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 09, 2010, 03:54:02 pm »

Quote from: rickvoid
All acording to plan.

Besides, this is an Indiana Jones esque adventure. Our shirt was doomed from the beginning.

Haha yeah that's right! I didn't think about that.

You check your wounds. The cut on your leg isn't bad, nor is the one on your hip. The elbow hit got you in the bone but it didn't damage much muscle or tendon - you should be fine if you can bandage it.

Speaking of, you don't have a scrap of clean cloth on you. You wash up with some water and take a drink. And pick up your torch, which you dropped when the skeleton pulled you.

You are at the base of the circular stairs-room. There is a circular pit here. Stone faces on the walls glare at you with their blue-glowing eyes.

You are scratched and bruised.

EXITS: U, S (Entered from S)

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2010, 04:12:27 pm »

Set up a tripwire (rope).. so in case we have to retreat again, we can run something.. (hopefully not flying or crawling) into it, and go bash happy. We could also consider boiling some water in a emptied out bombshell, then sanitize some clothing for our elbow.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:15:02 pm by Yarnspinner »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2010, 04:20:16 pm »

You go upstairs and get some rope and a pair of iron spikes and return. But you don't have anything to use to hammer the iron spikes into the joints between the stone blocks in the walls.

You'd need a good tool to do it, just bashing away with a rock or the butt of your gun isn't going to cut it because the stones are fitted too well.

The bomb shells are stiff paper. You couldn't really boil water in one without making it a soggy mess. You do have some ceramic pots and bowls upstairs by the turtle fountain.

>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:36:05 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2010, 04:24:29 pm »

Let's not put the tripwire anywhere near the pit, mmkay? We barely avoided it once already.

I second doing some laundry.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 09, 2010, 04:31:50 pm »

You go upstairs again and set some wood on fire, filling a ceramic pot with water and setting it on the fire. Well, that isn't going to work. You grab some stone rubble from the shattered altar room and arrange them so you can put wood underneath and they hold the pot above the flames.

You put your scraps of shirt in the pot and get the water up to a boil. It looks as clean as it'll get without soap. You wash up your wounds again and wrap them up in your makeshift bandages. You're still bleeding but not bad enough to worry about right now. You've used up your shirt.

The water is still hot, so you take the time to rinse off your other clothes. The water is now filthy. You wring your clothes out and put them back on. You're still dirty, but if you want to boil another pot of clean water you'll have to use up more wood.

>
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:35:45 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51