Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51

Author Topic: The Expedition  (Read 64757 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: The Expedition
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2010, 11:05:37 pm »

> WITH STABBING
> BUT DO WHAT THAT PHANTOM GENTLEMAN SAYS FIRST, YOU LOUT

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2010, 11:06:20 pm »

> WITH STABBING
> BUT DO WHAT THAT PHANTOM GENTLEMAN SAYS FIRST, YOU LOUT
Congratulations! You will pass out the moment you start fighting idiot!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2010, 11:09:14 pm »

?!?!?!
Why? I told the character to do what you said, which is sleep, so he'll be rested.

Er, I sort of worded it wrong, but I'm calling the character a lout, not you. Sorry if I was unclear.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2010, 11:16:53 pm »

Yah, sleep.. 
when woken up.. if we are planning on heading into the mold room.. wet face covering with water first.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2010, 11:17:30 pm »

And then
> SNAKE MASSACRE
> WITH STABBING

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2010, 11:24:47 pm »

You head back up to the entrance. It sure feels a lot safer than sleeping down there where some crazy ghost will strangle you the moment your wood goes out.

You grab the five pieces of dropped wood from the storage room (now there's just a ceramic bowl and the urn of oil there) and set them up to burn. You sleep fitfully, keeping it lit, but you can't remember if you dreamt.

You wake up slowly and realize there's something cool on your face. You're lying outside, on a grassy hill. Your clothes are damp with cool dew and the sky is foggy. The sun has come but it's still behind the trees. A woman in a white dress is walking across the field below with a picnic basket. Her dress clings to her body in the dawn air. You smile and get up, walking easily down the hill. She has a present for you - a little yellow box with a white ribbon. But as you get close the ground trembles and splits asunder below you. You slip on the grass and fall down, down into the ground and the yellow box falls after you. It falls open and in the tiny circle of daylight above you see a square silvery lighter fall out.

You wake with a start and realize your fire has gone out. The ashes are still warm and there's a wisp of smoke. You drink some water and clear your head.

Inventory: 13/20
Clothes (Worn) (Shirt, Pants, Belt, Socks, Boots, Underwear, Hat Made of Underwear, Arm Guards Made of Pants, Face Scarf)
AK-47 (Iron Spike Bayonet Affixed with Smelly Shirt Scraps)
AK-47 Magazine (0 rounds, two gulps of water)
Engraved Lighter (Over Half)
Canteen (Full of Water)
2 Bota Bags (Empty)
1 Bota Bag (3/4 Water)
1 Bota Bag (Full of Water)
Brass Moon Key
1 Dart

You are hungry.

EXITS: E, W (Entered from W)

>

The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2010, 11:26:46 pm »

You can revive the fire, light it again.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2010, 11:26:54 pm »

MARGOOOOOOO

> go to snake room
> kill some snakes with your bayonet already

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2010, 11:33:40 pm »

You blow on the fire and get it going again with some splinters that didn't burn. You take a little piece of wood and shelter it in your hands as you go downstairs, grab 6 more pieces of wood, and light one.

Then you go to the snake fountain room. Looks like they've spread out on the floor again. They begin hissing like crazy when you show up.

You pick a snake and get stabbing. It's weaving around and you don't get any good cuts in for the first engagement. You step back and think about it.

No new insights on snake-stabbing are forthcoming. You step forward and try again when the snake looks away. Immediately the snake swings around to meet you - you'd swear this thing just pretended to look away - but its face turns directly into line with your Iron Spike bayonet. You spear it and its body convulses left and right, and it coils up and falls off your bayonet.

>

The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2010, 11:35:59 pm »

> eat snake
> go to room east of snake room
> n

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2010, 11:44:16 pm »

You drag the snake back out of the room. None of the Iron Spikes are very sharp. It's good enough to pull off the meat from the kill but not good enough to skin it. Unless you really spend some time on this.

You spit the meat with an Iron Spike and set it over your coals to cook. You're not hungry enough to eat it raw, but you end up chowing down before it's fully cooked. You were always of the opinion that meat should be pink at least, if not a little bloody, but it's not like you're improving the taste of the snake meat much by doing that.

You clean up a bit and drink deeply from the fountain. At least the water's good!

And head west again to the hall between the snake room and the shattered altar room. You take the passage north from there.

You're in another storage room. The stone shelf running along the walls holds all kinds of cool stuff. And in the middle of the room is an old wooden crate. The shelf holds:

30 Torches
10' Pole
Lantern (Empty)
Bota Bag (Empty)

EXITS: S (Entered from S)

>
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:50:16 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2010, 11:49:32 pm »

Ugh. Enough with the snake massacre stuff already. Let's examine the inventory now.

Inventory: 13/20
Clothes (Worn) (Shirt, Pants, Belt, Socks, Boots, Underwear, Hat Made of Underwear, Arm Guards Made of Pants, Face Scarf)
AK-47 (Iron Spike Bayonet Affixed with Smelly Shirt Scraps)
AK-47 Magazine (0 rounds, two gulps of water)
Engraved Lighter (Over Half)
Canteen (Full of Water)
2 Bota Bags (Empty)
1 Bota Bag (3/4 Water)
1 Bota Bag (Full of Water)
Brass Moon Key
1 Dart

You are hungry.

As I recall, we have some oil filled urns. That's good, because assuming we can get more wood, we can make some torches. The pants, underwear, and shirt scraps can be torn up, wrapped around a long chunk of wood, dipped in oil, and lit to make a pretty long-burning torch. I recommend using the shirt scraps and underwear first.

We should really stop whacking things with our AK. Assuming we ever find more bullets, I'd rather it not explode because we bent the barrel and didn't notice. We could probably affix one of those spikes to a long bit of wood with some of that rope, but we'll need something to cut the rope with first.

Those skeletons in the basement probably have swords. At least, I think I remember them having some. We should try to kill one eventually, if only for a blade.

Going back to the oil, assuming we run out a butane for our lighter soon, we can refill it with oil. And since we have a bunch of it, we shouldn't have to worry about never having a source of light. The oil will probably burn faster than the butane did, but the butane has lasted us a good long time.

Let's dump the water out of that magazine. Seriously, why the hell were we ever using it as a canteen in the first place? It amuses me that Leo didn't say anything about it forever.  :D

So here's some actions:

>Untie shirt scraps.
>Tie straps to unburning piece of wood
>Go back to oil urns
>Fill empty bota bag with oil
>Dip rag wrapped wood in oil, rags first
>Light torch

Shit, we've got a lantern now! Woot!

I'm mildly annoyed that after typing up making a torch, we found a bunch, and a lamp. Grr.

The lamp is probably empty, so:

>Take 3 torches, lantern, bota bag
>Fill lantern with oil back at urns
>Fill bota bag with oil
>Open crate back in storage room

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2010, 11:52:33 pm »

Sing our countries national anthem.

"O'er azure skies
And emerald plains
Where freedom and justice prevail!
With courage and strength
We will fight to the end
For liberty in our land!"

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 08, 2010, 11:55:56 pm »

I say we do what Rick did, except we drop all our extraneous water holders - just keep the canteen or a bota bag, whichever is bigger.
Also, we should be very careful with torches - I don't want to use up what little clothing we have.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2010, 11:59:05 pm »

Almost forgot, and I don't think it's been done yet:

>Retrieve arms from crate.

;D

I say we do what Rick did, except we drop all our extraneous water holders - just keep the canteen or a bota bag, whichever is bigger.
Also, we should be very careful with torches - I don't want to use up what little clothing we have.

Bota bag should be bigger than the canteen. Let's drop all bags except for one oil-bag (which we should never again use for water) and one water bag.

Depending on how long those torches have been there, the oil may have dried out. Probably has. We should dip them in oil before we use them. They'll burn longer that way.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51