Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655192 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4530 on: January 29, 2016, 11:19:10 am »

Oh man yeah, 1866 for old M&B is one of my favourite mods out of both Warband and M&B. How polished it is and just the effort put into the atmosphere is pretty realistic, I love playing it whenever I get that western itch.  Although it's no longer updated, just a heads up but it's quite playable at the state it is.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: January 29, 2016, 11:24:31 am »

Although it's no longer updated
To be fair - neither is old M&B :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: January 31, 2016, 09:48:52 pm »

So I start a new character with the slave trader background. I decide to start of in the Nord area so I get the two acres of land at Sargoth. My plan was to do the noob mission at the start and then hang around swadia and 'forget' about my land at sargorth until the money builds up.

As a Slave trader I start off with a shitty little stick which I use to clobber that first guy.

I think to myself this stick is going to be no good whilst I'm mounted, doesn't matter though because as I go in the tavern a drunk guy starts on me, so I clobber him and take his sword.

I then leave the city and walk straight into some sea bandits, who knock me out and steal my horse.

Ragequit, reroll a new character with same backstory and skills, forget to change starting location from Swadia to Nords.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: February 01, 2016, 05:24:35 pm »

Finally decided to give Floris(well, Floris Evolved, to be precise) a try. It's a really nice work, easily the most complete Native overhaul indeed. But oh boy, missing textures, missing textures everywhere. The floor is transparent and my Nord comrades have black faces and solid-color beards.

Not sure if I will stick with it through the bugs, take up my Gekokujo Onna Bushi army campaign again or try that one weird Indonesia mod.

And since we're giving not-really intuitive tips, here's another old one: having horses in your inventory(not  necessarily equipped) increases your travel speed on the map.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: February 01, 2016, 05:46:36 pm »

I don't think the textures are actually missing, I think they just crammed too much in and the game engine can't handle it.  Limitations in how much memory it can access, and such.

I've had problems with Floris, but it got better if I went down to one of the smaller install options.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: February 01, 2016, 06:34:21 pm »

I don't think the textures are actually missing, I think they just crammed too much in and the game engine can't handle it.  Limitations in how much memory it can access, and such.

I've had problems with Floris, but it got better if I went down to one of the smaller install options.
From what I read it's a problem exclusive to Linux systems, something to do with the texture format not playing well with the OpenGL renderer.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: February 02, 2016, 12:26:15 am »

Oh man yeah, 1866 for old M&B is one of my favourite mods out of both Warband and M&B. How polished it is and just the effort put into the atmosphere is pretty realistic, I love playing it whenever I get that western itch.  Although it's no longer updated, just a heads up but it's quite playable at the state it is.

Yeah, I still sometimes boot up 1866 just so I can shoot someone with the Shotgun.  So much fun!  :D

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: February 02, 2016, 12:28:45 am »

So any news on how Bannerlord is coming along?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: February 02, 2016, 02:53:59 am »

Sure. Every 6 months.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: February 02, 2016, 03:17:02 am »

I really hope Bannerlord has proper multiplayer mechanics. I mean, I've spent worryingly many hours killing people with muskets in Napoleonic and so forth. Still, it would be nice to have more tactical sieges with conquerable spawn points. It would help with many spawnkilling issues as well.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: February 02, 2016, 04:10:21 am »

From what I read it's a problem exclusive to Linux systems, something to do with the texture format not playing well with the OpenGL renderer.

I had problems with textures going black or garbled on win7.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: February 02, 2016, 05:38:42 am »

Here's the lastest blog entry, as of December 21st. They do like to trickle their information out slowly. At the rate it's been going, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a 2016 release.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: February 05, 2016, 06:37:06 pm »

Warning - massive rant incoming fast

Is it even possible to "win" the game without being king and doing it all yourself? Every once in a while I stop fooling around as a neutral and decide to swear vassalage and try to live a honest life of plunder and conquest, but oh god, the lord AI in this game is just so stupid. Lords not defending territory being raided/sieged, taking huge detours to arrive at the destination, endless idling and feasting with no campaigns in sight, declaring war against half a dozen factions when we had a very nice and focused front, accepting peace when I finally manage to get everyone to go and siege a vulnerable site and on and on.
Am I doing something wrong or what?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: February 05, 2016, 06:48:12 pm »

Is it even possible to "win" the game without being king and doing it all yourself? Every once in a while I stop fooling around as a neutral and decide to swear vassalage and try to live a honest life of plunder and conquest, but oh god, the lord AI in this game is just so stupid. Lords not defending territory being raided/sieged, taking huge detours to arrive at the destination, endless idling and feasting with no campaigns in sight, declaring war against half a dozen factions when we had a very nice and focused front, accepting peace when I finally manage to get everyone to go and siege a vulnerable site and on and on.
Yeah, you could, at least in old M&B; I've seen Khergits dominate the entire south and Rhodoks all-but eliminated. Especially after a while, when defections start, map changes up.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: February 05, 2016, 07:16:00 pm »

Yeah, you could, at least in old M&B; I've seen Khergits dominate the entire south and Rhodoks all-but eliminated. Especially after a while, when defections start, map changes up.

This holds true in most of the mods I've played. I remember in 1257, the HRE and England swallowed up all of France and turned into two huge blobs. Same in the Game of Thrones mod, I was busy fucking around in Essos and the North ended up kicking the shit out of the Lannisters.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 310