Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655177 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4515 on: January 28, 2016, 06:08:41 pm »

I feel obliged to throw out these rare tips every once in a while.

- You can command your teammates in tournaments

- You can parry attacks if you are preparing a swing that's in the same direction as an incoming attack. Good way to fight with daggers.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: January 28, 2016, 06:44:17 pm »

All these mods look abandoned unless sites don't show updates on mobile, or cause my phone isn't showing images anymore.

But third age is from 2011, that is so old lol. There is game of thrones that is actually newer, but didn't like it. I haven't played warband in two years now, and almost no awesome NEW conversion mods. Just vanilla map stuff. And most conversions look abandoned. But moddb just shows release date on my phone, so maybe not getting all info.

Or is modding died off in Mount and blade for big epic map changing mods? Wish my pc didn't die so I can look properly. Power supply fried it all lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: January 28, 2016, 07:01:14 pm »

All these mods look abandoned unless sites don't show updates on mobile, or cause my phone isn't showing images anymore.

But third age is from 2011, that is so old lol. There is game of thrones that is actually newer, but didn't like it. I haven't played warband in two years now, and almost no awesome NEW conversion mods. Just vanilla map stuff. And most conversions look abandoned. But moddb just shows release date on my phone, so maybe not getting all info.

Or is modding died off in Mount and blade for big epic map changing mods? Wish my pc didn't die so I can look properly. Power supply fried it all lol.

Think it is worth mentioning that Third Age is still being updated to some degree. At least the Steam version is, have no idea about the Moddb version. I think it was 1257 AD that I remember moving off Moddb to something else. I guess other mods might have also done that too?
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: January 28, 2016, 08:20:48 pm »

Brain explodes.

A couple of tornement questions. Can you play as one of your companions in a tournement? If so is it a good thing to do to try and get them renown? If is possible for them to get renown.

Also I swear I was in a tournement and a companion npc was in it. dont know if she was mine or not but she was definetly a lady and had a companion style name.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: January 28, 2016, 08:40:51 pm »

There's no way to compete as anyone else in vanilla, but I think you saw a champion.  There are some characters with unique names who exist purely to fight in tournaments.

Companions might be eligible to compete too, I'm not sure.  I don't think so though.
Nobles in town will totally compete, though.  I kicked my liege-lord's butt quite a few times.  Fortunately that doesn't seem to have negative consequences - it's a tournament, after all, it would be disgraceful to go easy on someone.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: January 28, 2016, 08:41:34 pm »

There's a couple of named characters besides lords that show up randomly in tournaments. I know one of the vanilla ones is named Kradus, I forget who the others are. Your companions also do show up as well.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: January 28, 2016, 09:40:19 pm »

Companions might be eligible to compete too, I'm not sure.

Companions definitely get to compete. It's just that they tend to be knocked out in the first round for whatever reason. Most likely because the specific build you gave them isn't favoured by the autobattle algorithm. Or maybe because everyone else is just a really high level. I don't know. But generally, unless they get lucky and end up on the same team as you multiple times, your companions aren't going to get far in the tournament which probably explains why you haven't noticed them before.

There's a couple of named characters besides lords that show up randomly in tournaments. I know one of the vanilla ones is named Kradus, I forget who the others are. Your companions also do show up as well.

Kradus, Xan-something and someone else. I can't remember their names, unfortunately. They're just 'old-guy', 'young-guy' and 'battle-woman' to me. You don't need to remember what they're called to defeat them after all.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: January 28, 2016, 10:30:53 pm »

M&B modding community has moved mostly to MP. It has died down a bit, especially with the long delay of Bannerlord
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: January 28, 2016, 11:22:28 pm »

The named guys you fight during the tournaments were NPC that could be encountered in Zendar, the neutral city that was existing in the early Mount&Blade original releases, but was removed from the game at some point.

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: January 28, 2016, 11:47:21 pm »

That reminds be of the bit in Wreck it Ralph where you see q*bert begging in the central plaza thing.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: January 29, 2016, 02:37:51 am »

- You can parry attacks if you are preparing a swing that's in the same direction as an incoming attack. Good way to fight with daggers.
It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure holding CTRL + P on the world map speeds up time.

You can order people around on the little 'map' you get when you hit backspace by clicking on the square. You can also see the relative positions of your troops. Unfortunately it's just a blank square with no terrain info.

Instead of carrying multiple arrows/bolts/etc. go to your inventory bag marked by your heraldic flag (near where you spawn in) and when you close it your ammo will be replenished.

If you use more than 2 weapons consider setting the 1-4 keys as equipment hotkeys instead of using the mouse wheel. Swapping using hotkeys is instantaneous even if you're in the middle of a swing or taking another weapon out, while mouse wheel requires you to wait. If you're using a spear+shield, for example, and want to switch to your sword, attack the enemy to force him to block, then just as your attack connects switch to your sword and you'll be able to block again by the time he's ready to attack you.

Most polearms can stop horse charges with stabs. The animation for shield+polearm stab actually has longer reach than two handed polearm stab, so it may be worth it to have a crappy lightweight shield even if you don't plan on using it (sheathe it so you can have all 4 attack directions, unsheathe when fighting in a group or stopping a horse charge). Also, you can stab enemies who are hugging you if you attack at the ground to the right then pull the weapon up into them.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: January 29, 2016, 07:46:47 am »

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure holding CTRL + P on the world map speeds up time.
[/quote]
CTRL+Space, at least for me.

And unless I'm mistaken, TLD is a mod for old M&B, so if those count too:
- 1866 - classic Western conversion, way better done than Warband's 1860s mod.
- Solid & Shade - no. 1 edgelord simulator. It technically takes place on the basic map, with the default factions - but it tosses it into the pot with a *lot* of Poe references, random bits of Greek mythology characters, and lets you use a massive crafting system to raise an undead army. And is still worked on.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: January 29, 2016, 08:04:10 am »

I thought this was common knowledge! D: (But yes, you can command your teammates--or positively ANY ALLY anywhere that shares your banner, along with tournament-mates as if they were your battlemates. This includes villagers during 'Save the village' scenarios.)

I love holding out in the tournament by ordering everyone back until I see the enemy rushing at me :P

Companions definitely get to compete. It's just that they tend to be knocked out in the first round for whatever reason. Most likely because the specific build you gave them isn't favoured by the autobattle algorithm. Or maybe because everyone else is just a really high level. I don't know. But generally, unless they get lucky and end up on the same team as you multiple times, your companions aren't going to get far in the tournament which probably explains why you haven't noticed them before.
Your companion can also win the tournament...and not gain the prize for your party :P
Kradus, Xan-something and someone else. I can't remember their names, unfortunately. They're just 'old-guy', 'young-guy' and 'battle-woman' to me. You don't need to remember what they're called to defeat them after all.
There're 3 NPC opponents as far as I know (1 female, 2 male). The ONLY other female fighter present is the Sword Sister--usually the first time most M&B players see a female fighter, because the only time it's present on the game map is by secret-villager liberation funtime! Notably, the female/male pair are very skilled and usually win the tournaments due to their fast weapon attack speed.

That said, seeing the Sword Sister really motivated me to get in the game just because. I thought it'd be another all male warrior party-fest. :P

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: January 29, 2016, 08:24:55 am »

I thought this was common knowledge! D: (But yes, you can command your teammates--or positively ANY ALLY anywhere that shares your banner, along with tournament-mates as if they were your battlemates. This includes villagers during 'Save the village' scenarios.)

I love holding out in the tournament by ordering everyone back until I see the enemy rushing at me :P

Your companion can also win the tournament...and not gain the prize for your party :P
There're 3 NPC opponents as far as I know (1 female, 2 male). The ONLY other female fighter present is the Sword Sister--usually the first time most M&B players see a female fighter, because the only time it's present on the game map is by secret-villager liberation funtime! Notably, the female/male pair are very skilled and usually win the tournaments due to their fast weapon attack speed.

That said, seeing the Sword Sister really motivated me to get in the game just because. I thought it'd be another all male warrior party-fest. :P

You never know what people have played hundreds of hours of this game don't know. That "you can command your tournament team" tip always gets a huge reaction.

Also, Prophesy of Pendor has plenty of women soldiers and a mod that makes some women "pretty" (shiny face).

(seriously though play PoP and never go back)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: January 29, 2016, 08:27:22 am »

Also, Prophesy of Pendor has plenty of women soldiers and a mod that makes some women "pretty" (shiny face).

(seriously though play PoP and never go back)
Awh :-\ I knew that thing is epic, but the size...it seems I can't play that mod (since I tried it months ago) because the loading/start-up time is...forever. :-\ [Also MelsPerisno-...wait, that's what I'm describing. Prophesy of Pendor? Link please!]

Given my games--I'm playing with the More Women + Diplomacy mod. Pretty fun, especially since I learned how to custom-edit troops. :3
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 310