Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655199 times)

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4500 on: January 26, 2016, 10:56:13 pm »

I bought warband and installed floris mod six days ago and according to steam I have played it for 24 hours already, but man I suck at combat (I'm great at tournements though).

I know it's a good game because I spent all day today at work reading the warband and floris wikis.

I do have one tip though, don't become a vassal at the earliest opportunity as it restricts your movement across the map. you need to wait until you have good sources of income to rebuild your retinue.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: January 26, 2016, 11:02:58 pm »

In other M&B news, I just discovered this Nova Aetas thing (http://www.moddb.com/mods/nova-aetas) which is the stock setting but the tech level gradually increases as you devote your kingdoms funds to research.

The feature list includes economic development, religion, civics, unrest, colonization (and subsequent import of exotic goods), research, creating and spending influence with lords to get them to do things.

You can be a farmer, buy a house, or resurrect the Caladric Empire and rebuild its capital. 

Also, Zendar is back as a major port and gateway to the new world / colonies.

looks pretty boss.  Have not tired it yet, but probably will this weekend.

It's meh. It's really really unpolished and the colony mechanics are pretty broken and pointless. Also, I never found the stock setting all that captivating, but that's just me.

God, why are all the updates over 1 Gig?!  Can't anybody create something small and sweet?  I'm checking the above mod out, provided my connection doesn't die mid-download.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: January 26, 2016, 11:09:01 pm »

A few pages ago, but the thing with Warsword is that it's an ooold mod.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: January 26, 2016, 11:11:51 pm »

If you want something smaller than Floris mod you could get Democracy. It's something that's used in a lot of mods, AFAIK, and it's basically "Native but a bit better".

Also, after spending a year or so with the combat I got pretty good at it. Better than a lot of the people who played Native multiplayer from what I could tell. Playing with auto block enabled or melee with a shield feels cheap now. At least in multiplayer. Singleplayer loves to screw you over if you're on foot.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: January 26, 2016, 11:12:45 pm »

Singleplayer loves to screw you over if you're on foot.

Can't get screwed over if you're a walking totem of death!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: January 26, 2016, 11:16:45 pm »

Plate armor with crush through mallet cheese?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: January 26, 2016, 11:20:28 pm »

I refuse to consider block-crushing cheesy when the bots block and swing through each other, making 3 of them an unstoppable wall of death.  Regardless of skill :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: January 26, 2016, 11:26:31 pm »

Crush through is cheesy. You just happen to be fighting cheese with cheese.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: January 26, 2016, 11:30:41 pm »

Crush through is cheesy. You just happen to be fighting cheese with cheese.

Mmm, it's pretty well balanced with the fact that you basically never get the first hit (against competent opponents) if you use a weapon that can crush-through. The combined short-range and slightly slower swing speeds make up for the obvious. Besides, you can only overhead crush-throughs. (In Vanilla anyways) Which means they're easy to chamber.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: January 28, 2016, 11:13:43 am »

I bought warband and installed floris mod six days ago and according to steam I have played it for 24 hours already, but man I suck at combat (I'm great at tournements though).

I know it's a good game because I spent all day today at work reading the warband and floris wikis.

I do have one tip though, don't become a vassal at the earliest opportunity as it restricts your movement across the map. you need to wait until you have good sources of income to rebuild your retinue.

I heavily suggest Prophesy of Pendor. I have not come close to playing any version of M&B (even vanilla) as much as I have played the mod Prophesy of Pendor. It adds some crazy strong units and generated armies so you go from "run from that 12 man party because they are knights that will slaughter all of your men without a problem" to "I have a disgusting amount of money, have spent a disgusting amount of money, have disgustingly overpowered armor, weapons, and troops, so let's go take on that army of 1500 raiders with 200 elite troops and get a *spoiler* so we can be even more disgustingly overpowered."

Also, I swear that all horse based AI purposefully try to run in front of you.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: January 28, 2016, 01:14:32 pm »

So other then the Main Four I can think of, (Floris, Brywtan, PoP, Genkokuju). Anyone go any NEWer and good Conversion/Enhancer mods???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: January 28, 2016, 01:38:26 pm »

So other then the Main Four I can think of, (Floris, Brywtan, PoP, Genkokuju). Anyone go any NEWer and good Conversion/Enhancer mods???

1257, 16th century, A Clash of Kings (GoT). Viking Conquest has also shaped up to be a really good DLC.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: January 28, 2016, 04:44:12 pm »

The Last Days of the Third Age is an exceptional conversion.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: January 28, 2016, 05:26:25 pm »

Caldaria. Adds a lot of new units and magic. Want to throw dozens of magic missiles at once at the enemy? How about fireballs?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: January 28, 2016, 05:38:54 pm »

The Last Days of the Third Age is an exceptional conversion.

It is with some occasional problems. Like expedition camps immediately coming back after being razed and causing the War of the Ring to be in a eternal stalemate. That being said you can fix that in-game through the mod settings by just turning expedition camps off then back on.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 310