Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655251 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4455 on: August 18, 2015, 07:32:54 pm »

I'd kinda like it if they separated social and combat stats in M&B 2.... with combat being such a huge part of the game, it feels stupid to have to sacrifice your ability to engage in it enjoyably in order to efficiently lead a kingdom.
That's kinda realistic, you know. After all, you need to divide the time between bookworming and training to stab people.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #4456 on: August 18, 2015, 07:40:18 pm »

I've been out of the MnB picture for awhile. Is there anywhere with a relatively fresh listing of mods for 2015 for MnB Warband? I might make a return to good old Prophesy of Pendor but wanted to see if there was anything newish.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: August 18, 2015, 08:24:26 pm »

I've been out of the MnB picture for awhile. Is there anywhere with a relatively fresh listing of mods for 2015 for MnB Warband? I might make a return to good old Prophesy of Pendor but wanted to see if there was anything newish.

I'll always recommend 1257, but 16th century has given me a lot of time. If you can get past the iffy translation it's a ridiculously fun mod. Gekokujo is a good one if you're into 16th century Japan, A Clash of Kings is pretty much the definitive ASOIAF/GOT mod. Brytenwalda is the old classic, but I never seemed to like it as much as everyone else did. It's great if you like that time period though.

Am I missing anything that really stands out? L'aigle and the Reckoning were two highly anticipated mods that came out with a super buggy alpha in the spring and haven't been touched since. Can't think of anything else major.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4458 on: August 18, 2015, 08:31:25 pm »

Play Red Wars to see how well automatic firearms would work in M&B (answer - not well).
Anyway, does anyone remember that Eagle And The Radiant Cross mod for original M&B? It was one of funniest around, with cheesy custom maps and tons of fun guns (those fucking 10 or something barreled guns, rare as fuck but when you got hold on one, you were a god of war, at least until you had to reload), also being the first (I think) mod ever to include Winged Hussars (which obviously made it the best one)... but when I checked, it seems to have died when they tried to bring it into Warband. What a shame. I may be wrong, tho.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: August 18, 2015, 08:43:54 pm »

There's the warhammer mod ( Warsword Conquest ) that development gave some news in July :
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest/news/warsword-conquest-summer-2015-news
but still no release date or estimation unfortunately.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: August 18, 2015, 08:45:03 pm »

Last time I played the Reckoning (which should have been the latest update) it seemed very fresh out of alpha still.  It also was extremely buggy in my opinion, which I don't fault them for but it needs polish certainly. Automatic weapons were a bit well, crappy as expected but semi-auto and single shot weapons worked fine.  There are still hilariously awful models for women, yes they all still have back breaking busts that generally just makes any female model look hysterical. As well, the mount system is very work in progress, you can ride dogs goats anything really, I think there were undead elephants too. Mount speed seemed bugged too since I could ride a dog at blazing speed against 10 cultist riflemen blazing at full auto and just smack down 5 with my baseball bat. In general, I would say to keep an eye on it but not quite readily playable. 

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4461 on: August 18, 2015, 09:00:50 pm »

There's the warhammer mod ( Warsword Conquest ) that development gave some news in July :
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest/news/warsword-conquest-summer-2015-news
but still no release date or estimation unfortunately.
Wait, what? It's not relased? I explictly remember one of my friends playing it when the Steam streaming feature was a new thing. Or maybe it was other WHFB mod?

There is beta of it. It's a good beta.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: August 18, 2015, 09:05:36 pm »

I mean the new version they're working since last year, it's this one that's not released, with the new models, scenes and whole stuff.

The old version is still floating around as it was mentionned a few times in that thread, there are some people that made some mods for it to try to improve over the problem of that old version, by example the big one from the signature of Birger Jarl

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4463 on: August 18, 2015, 09:10:42 pm »

As long as it's not Age Of Sigmar, they can work on it as long as they want.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: August 18, 2015, 11:29:54 pm »

I'd kinda like it if they separated social and combat stats in M&B 2.... with combat being such a huge part of the game, it feels stupid to have to sacrifice your ability to engage in it enjoyably in order to efficiently lead a kingdom.
That's kinda realistic, you know. After all, you need to divide the time between bookworming and training to stab people.

It's a clear case of gameplay trumping realism.  If the strategy and diplomacy aspects of the game were more detailed, balanced, engaging, and took as much time as the combat, I wouldn't object.  But that's not the case with M&B games so far.

Plus, the realism is somewhat debatable... people in real-life are more diverse and multi-faceted in their talents than rpgs like to give them credit for.  There are countless examples of people who are any combination of notably charismatic, academic, athletic, and martial, or even all of the above at once.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheAnarchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: August 19, 2015, 04:43:56 am »

I'm extremely interested in the game after watching Reformisttm's M&B series, but I use a Mac and I don't think Mount and Blade works on Macs. Oh well, I'll have to see if I can get the funds to buy myself a new Windows computer. As well as the money to buy Mount and Blade.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: August 19, 2015, 04:55:22 am »

looks like it's compatible with mac and linux

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: August 19, 2015, 10:21:04 am »

Play Red Wars to see how well automatic firearms would work in M&B (answer - not well).
It's not a fault of automatic firearms per se - it's that to do it right, you'd need to mess with AI. Iron Europe or whatever it's called, an MP WWI mod, pulled modern era weaponry right - you rightclick to go into firing mode and stay in it between shots and you don't need to hold down LMB, for example.

If you are in the mood for that kind of era, try Civil War in Russia port to Warband - unlike TRW they never strayed from the originally planned timeline, so it's bolt-action/semi-auto rifle and sabre combat. Unfortunately the map port was lost in the files of old version, so right now the map is vanilla Calradia with stuff like Rhodok Ukrainian Anarchists or a Sarranid Entente, but at least the castle sieges are remapped to modern fortifications.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #4468 on: August 19, 2015, 06:00:36 pm »

Cheers all. Great recommendations :D I tried AGOT a year ago but if its still being developed it might've had some decent changes.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: August 20, 2015, 04:50:32 pm »

I'm currently playing Sayazn, which is a very new mod that recently got its own sub-board(I think it was February). Its mostly Ottoman shot and pike and Persian samurais.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:53:58 pm by majikero »
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 310