Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655266 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4425 on: August 13, 2015, 11:47:58 pm »

When it comes to factions, I gotta say the 'dok life chose me. I am the sultan of swoosh with the pike.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: August 16, 2015, 12:27:26 pm »

Alright, I'm getting up to speed, but what would be good companions?

E:
I'm also sort of doubting what equipment to use. One-handed seems best on foot, but is annoying for on horses and I also sort of want a ranged option, so im not sure what to do.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:42:33 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: August 16, 2015, 02:39:46 pm »

I've gotten decent mileage out of sword and shield for general use, a swingable polearm for meatgrinder situations where I can stand outside a cluster of dudes and just swing into them, and a throwable weapon for the last slot. Not much range on them, but they're better than nothing and take up only one slot. Works best if you have lots of ranged soldiers.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4428 on: August 16, 2015, 02:45:44 pm »

Tip: When you start a battle, all your equipment should be in a chest on your starting position. Load it up with ammunition and some weapons to get flexibility on field. This way you can have nearly endless supply of throwing weapons or just switch to a bow/crossbow (with nearly endless supply of ammunition too!) when a siege or something comes up, change weapons on fly and stuff. Dunno about armor.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: August 16, 2015, 03:06:26 pm »

Oh, neat. What about companions then? And I'm having mixed success raiding villages, I just get murdered by a lord generally. Do I just need more CHA and more dudes? Cavalry doesn't work very well in villages :v
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:18:43 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: August 16, 2015, 03:32:30 pm »

No, you just run away from the lords when they come a-knocking ;P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: August 16, 2015, 03:44:25 pm »

Alright, I'm getting up to speed, but what would be good companions?

E:
I'm also sort of doubting what equipment to use. One-handed seems best on foot, but is annoying for on horses and I also sort of want a ranged option, so im not sure what to do.

Pffft, one handed. Two handed swords are for REAL men

Even better if you get the One/Two handed ones, then you can switch uses just by equipping/dequipping a shield.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: August 16, 2015, 03:49:08 pm »

How do I run away? I didn't see an option for cancelling it.

Hm, wondering if I should become a swad vassal. Our campaign against the Nords is going pretty moronically, we laid siege to Sargoth directly instead of besieging the castles closer to our borders.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: August 16, 2015, 03:49:46 pm »

Well, no, you run when you see them coming at you while you're raiding a village.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: August 16, 2015, 03:56:17 pm »

Our campaign against the Nords is going pretty moronically, we laid siege to Sargoth directly instead of besieging the castles closer to our borders.

That's the least moronic campaign ever. Castles are WOOOOOORTHLESS while towns are the best thing going. Seriously, FUCK castles. If/when you start sieging stuff yourself, grab a town first, seriously.

Indeed, I do this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: August 16, 2015, 03:59:55 pm »

Yeah but then they suddenly stopped assaulting Sargoth and went for Albuquerque Castle instead, while the Nords were besieging Dhirim.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: August 16, 2015, 04:08:35 pm »

Yeah but then they suddenly stopped assaulting Sargoth and went for Albuquerque Castle instead, while the Nords were besieging Dhirim.
Ok, yeah, most moronic indeed. That is just the WORST bullshit when they just randomly stop sieging shit.

Indeed, I do this.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4437 on: August 16, 2015, 04:21:15 pm »

About companions...

There are 2 "groups" of them, with 2 "subgroups" each.

Artimenner
Borcha
Matheld
Lezalit
Rolf

Bunduk
Deshavi
Klethi
Jeremus
Ymira

Alayen
Baheshtur
Firentis

Katrin
Marnid
Nizar

To not get them angry about each other, you want to have only one group of five and only one group of three. Generally speaking, a lot of them get angry when you attack villages, rob caravans (Artimenner, Baheshtur, Alayen, Borcha, Nizar, Katrin, Klethi, Deshavi, Matheld, Rolf and Lezalit don't), lose (like all of them), etc. Bunch of them also don't like (fuck Marnid he hates EVERYTHING) losing and other stuff. Generally speaking you want to have the first five-group and first three-group as almost all of them are nobles (the ones that are BOLD and FOOLISH), so you can give them land without problems, then make Artimmener your steward. Actually, IIRC, you can actually keep all of them, as long as you pay them money, keep enough food, don't lose and don't kill civillians. Also micromanage their petty fights.

Do it like me, get all of them, put them in heraldric mails, give them glorious Rhodok masterwork siege crossbows, shields, huge axes on a stick and slap on their cheeks every time they complain.
YOU'RE IN THE ARMY NOW!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: August 16, 2015, 04:52:06 pm »

Well, I started with Borcha because I wanted some more SPEED (GOTTA GO FAST), so I guess I'll take the others too.
It's not like I don't have 10k denars to blow on whatever already (tournaments op).
Should I make cheap industries everywhere?

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: August 16, 2015, 05:08:00 pm »

Well, I started with Borcha because I wanted some more SPEED (GOTTA GO FAST), so I guess I'll take the others too.
It's not like I don't have 10k denars to blow on whatever already (tournaments op).
Should I make cheap industries everywhere?

Don't go too crazy with making a bunch of the same industry. They have diminishing returns 'cause each one will lower the price of the good thus decreasing profitability.

Well, no, you run when you see them coming at you while you're raiding a village.

You can't move or cancel raiding when you're raiding a village (at least in vanilla)

Really raiding is just a rather high risk maneuver. Try to do it when there are other large campaigns going on so enemy lords are distracted. Or just be strong enough to slap them silly.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:52:45 pm by Sindain »
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 310