Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655026 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4305 on: August 05, 2015, 12:48:57 pm »

*Dramatic Music*

BOARD GAMES.

In a WORLD

Where blue discs and red discs struggle

To fill spaces in a SQUARE BOARD

One disc will rise above the OTHERS

And capture ANOTHER DISC of the OPPOSITE COLOR

From the creators of Checkers, comes another MASTERPIECE

You will laugh, and you will CRY

As you see the discs of both colors get COLLECTED by each faction

Don't miss this opportunity. TWO COLORS, only one will COME OUT VICTORIOUS

Coming soon at a pub near you.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: August 05, 2015, 12:49:24 pm »

Custom forged weapons, GG I'm done. Sold. Bannerlord has given me a Bonerlord. Other alternatively strange ways to say an empathetic yes.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:56:07 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: August 05, 2015, 01:58:50 pm »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: August 05, 2015, 03:54:17 pm »

I am excite.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4309 on: August 05, 2015, 04:08:08 pm »

I wonder if the armour system will be the same as in Warband or maybe changed to include more armor parts, such as pauldrons, greaves and all the other stuff.

Also what about first person view that takes things like helmets into consideration, which will hopefully allow to move visors (I know that technology is supposed to be less advanced than in Warband, but I'm pretty positive that helmets with primitve visors existed, and that would be useful in mods)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: August 05, 2015, 04:28:33 pm »

All I want is magnificent AI. Too many games have subpar AI.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4311 on: August 05, 2015, 04:53:02 pm »

All I want is magnificent AI. Too many games have subpar AI.
The enemy will proably have AI that is going to outsmart you even by abusing game mechanics but your soldiers will mindlessly charge into killzones if you don't stop them, because that how AI in Warband worked. Actually, the Warband was the only one game I remember where AI outsmarted me without doing "magic" (spawning bunch of units in fog of war), not that it was very hard in retrospect. I was fighting a big battle, with hundreds of soldiers, and holding position since my army consisted mostly of ranged infantry. The enemy then went a long way around my left flank to get behind me, where he just stood, twenty meters away, without attacking. I ordered my units to fire and quickly slaughtered their forces. I smiled because I thought that my army, consisting mostly of crossbowmen (though, honestly, the guys really did a great job, most of battles ended in only few wounded and killed, and sieges were pretty easy because crossbowmen just tended to murderize everything that sticked out their head on the walls), did well against enemy with numerical superiori- I stopped smiling.
Thanks to limit of units in battle, bulk of enemy cavalry just spawned behind my back and was charging to catch up with their comrades under fire, and my army was in their way, with their backs turned.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: August 05, 2015, 05:15:32 pm »

Oh man, the extensive weapon crafting system seems very neat. I'm excited, maybe lords will have amazing weapons that have a chance to be dropped when you defeat them? Imagine, having a whole collection of Fat Ass Harlaus' swords. Oh, this'll be great.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: August 05, 2015, 08:53:27 pm »

harlaus will not have been born for about 300 years after this game's timescale

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: August 05, 2015, 09:06:16 pm »

You say that like people aren't going to attempt to mod it into the Warband timeline :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: August 05, 2015, 09:24:48 pm »

there's also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkrdMAyCmo&feature=youtu.be

About 2 minutes in... what's Strongbad doing in this game?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: August 05, 2015, 09:29:39 pm »

Bannerlord is "200 years before Warband" according to the 7th blog. For some reason I thought it was 200 years after. That's fine by me, because I honestly don't want everyone running around in platemail. I want gambessons and byrnies and such.

From the looks of the video, this is the first game I can think of where you can pick what kind of teeth your character has.
@1:10 looks like the tavern is much darker, but more notably to me is the lack of loading screen between the street and inside. Perhaps now you have a reason to walk around towns instead of treating them as a quick menu. Towns look much more lively which should make sense considering battles can handle so many characters on a map at a time.

Voice acting... heh. heh.

In combat, your character still swings his sword through enemies which is kind've a bummer, it would've been nice if it looked like you were slicing into people instead of swinging your blade through them like they aren't even there. At one point I was confused because he hits an enemy then a rock, which looked almost like what I would have preferred for the more damaging swings.

Five slots for armor, the new one is for capes it looks like. We pretty much knew this but this confirms it even more. Your horse is separate from its armor now, it looks like. Items are in a list format instead of taking up inventory tiles, and all like items stack, it seems.

EDIT: Oh, let's not forget about this video about the map editor, which looks sweet.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:47:06 pm by OzyTheSage »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4317 on: August 06, 2015, 12:07:07 am »

Just dropping off more memes for my fellow Free Men.
Spoiler: Needs more horses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Revised edition (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: August 06, 2015, 12:26:35 am »

Your epic maymays seem to imply that the Khergits do something aside from suck and die. I'm confused because I haven't seen any evidence of this. Some kind of hidden feature buried deep inside the code?

Rhodoks4lyfe.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: August 06, 2015, 02:02:35 am »

I'm not sure the smell-lines coming off the Rhokoks in that image are enough to really capture the stench of cowardice and living life close to the ground. I don't know if you could really fit anything else for him to be cowering behind in fear, though.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 310