Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655122 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4230 on: April 15, 2015, 10:05:58 am »

Werent there an option to leave the battle but sacrafice soem of your soldiers depending on your tactics skill?
I'm quite sure that's how retreating works.
There is one in vanilla, 'Pull back, leaving some of your soldiers behind'. You can also just Leave if you engage the enemy.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: April 16, 2015, 12:13:31 am »

So are there any good mods still in development, preferably for Warband? All the ones I've looked and and bookmarked over the course of last year seem to be halted in one way or another. Phantasy Calradia, Silverstag, Perisno, Floris; all seem to have stopped development over the course of the last year. And while more seem to have cropped up in their places, they just start from scratch again with little that previous mods haven't had before.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: April 16, 2015, 12:17:05 am »

So are there any good mods still in development, preferably for Warband? All the ones I've looked and and bookmarked over the course of last year seem to be halted in one way or another. Phantasy Calradia, Silverstag, Perisno, Floris; all seem to have stopped development over the course of the last year. And while more seem to have cropped up in their places, they just start from scratch again with little that previous mods haven't had before.

I noticed the same, when I decided to play a bit again recently.  I think the game is just nearing the end of its lifespan.  People are waiting for Bannerlord.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: April 16, 2015, 08:00:09 am »

I noticed the same, when I decided to play a bit again recently.  I think the game is just nearing the end of its lifespan.  People are waiting for Bannerlord.

warband's modding community is way more involved on the multiplayer side. I would hardly say it's nearing the end of it's lifespan. In fact, I would say people are being fairly cautious about Bannerlord consider all the shitty expansions (excluding NW) that have come out.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: April 16, 2015, 09:23:51 am »

The most impressive mod I've seen recently, though it doesn't change how the base game runs, is ::Checks spelling:: "Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth". A mod in the 16th century set in South East Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia area). The mod adds multiple kingdoms along with the Portuguese settlements that were there at the time. It adds nice looking battle maps with different trees appropriate to the climate as well as new arquebus sounds and effect and war elephants.

Really, War Elephants. Those things are huge and the run animation is a rather awkward gallop, but still.

I know next to nothing about the time period in those countries but it's all very colourful with a wide variety across the factions with some units from outside like marauding samurai and Ming dynasty troops.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: April 16, 2015, 11:22:41 am »

The Reckoning just released its first build with definitely more to come as of right now - and with a submod from one of the community members, a lot of the issues it had early on are addressed.

Solid & Shade, a necromancy mod for old M&B, is nearing its next release soon.

1794: Kosciuszko Uprising is an admittably niche mod that is going to receive a proper, full English translation soon... or more accurately, Soon (TM)Soon is a registered trademark of Valve (TM) Valve Time Management Corporation as I am in fact the current English translator;

Regardless, there is a release that should be translated enough for playability with all 'story/fluff' lines translated and only some gameplay stuffthings left and no proper proofreading and correction done since, um, the devs sorta released it half-done without telling me beforehand, and it's a pretty good mod, as objectively as someone invested in it could speaking, with a sandbox-storyline hybrid (no strict 'Go here, Do X' most of the time but 'Go wherever, do supportive stuff and quests for us and maybe we'll win'), a duel system (including proper pistol duels to the first blood), XVIIIth century formations and recruiting regiments instead of single troops.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4236 on: April 17, 2015, 04:30:45 am »

The most impressive mod I've seen recently...
Downloading this now. I'll report back Soon with how it goes.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: April 17, 2015, 04:47:44 am »

The most impressive mod I've seen recently, though it doesn't change how the base game runs, is ::Checks spelling:: "Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth". A mod in the 16th century set in South East Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia area). The mod adds multiple kingdoms along with the Portuguese settlements that were there at the time. It adds nice looking battle maps with different trees appropriate to the climate as well as new arquebus sounds and effect and war elephants.

Really, War Elephants. Those things are huge and the run animation is a rather awkward gallop, but still.

The trailer on that moddb page got me impressed, and visually very refreshing.
Another mod i'll have to play at some point

I noticed the Warsword Conquest (the warhammer mod) devs finally returned from their long hiatus, they posted what's coming :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145937.msg7806724.html#msg7806724

Too bad they have not drafted Birger Jarl, he did amazing work in submods to improve Warsword Conquest while the devs were away

And for the very good Gekokujo mod, be sure to chek the Sugoroku submod :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,305602.msg7484470.html#msg7484470
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 04:52:02 am by Robsoie »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: April 20, 2015, 06:08:29 am »

Considering their last release was in 2013, this has me very excited. I wish they had moved it to Warband, but I rather liked Solid & Shade.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: April 20, 2015, 11:20:35 am »

Considering their last release was in 2013, this has me very excited. I wish they had moved it to Warband, but I rather liked Solid & Shade.
N0ught, the author, actually mentioned he hit the hardcoded limit for the item number and is now trying to remove unused ones for the update.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: April 20, 2015, 12:09:34 pm »

I believe N0ught also said that it was going to be brought to M&B 2 once that comes out.
I'm really excited for that mod to update. It's been a while since I ran out of things to do with it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4241 on: April 21, 2015, 05:04:22 am »

The most impressive mod I've seen recently...
Downloading this now. I'll report back Soon with how it goes.
So, uh. War elephants are literally the worst thing in the world. The hitbox is completely screwy and the AI is terribad (although it's vanilla behaviour, so whatever). The animations are hilarious, however, which might make up for it.
The guns are very satisfying once you get the skills to actually aim them, but otherwise they take too long to load to actually be useful for the player. I didn't play long enough to train a reasonably-sized force of musketmen to test in battle, though.
Other than that, the content is pretty good. No glaring holes, although some more variety to the artwork wouldn't be missed.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: April 23, 2015, 11:13:54 pm »

Uuuuugh how do you survive a Rhodok siege.  All those fucking crossbows chew apart fucking everything.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: April 23, 2015, 11:34:46 pm »

Rhodok sieges are some or the most brutal sieges in the game (Looking at you GRUNWALDER CASTLE) because of the ridiculous versatility and killing power of their crossbowman, with the ladders or siege towers held by protected spearmen with a long nasty ranged glaive or even better an armored sergeant. What I found worked for me is to use shield heavy troops with effective shields (Nordic round shield or Rhodok board shield, the kite shields from other factions over little coverage), along with your own crossbowmen. Hold your fire for the first few minutes so your crossbowmen use their shields to block incoming arrows, return fire once the siege defenders run out of bolts and storm the walls with your infantry. You'll suffer casualties, but not as horrendous if you used say, Sarranid or Khergit troops for Grunwalder Castle.  :P

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: April 24, 2015, 01:29:08 am »

I've actually been defending Praven against a relentless assault of Rhodoks in Silverstag.  Less than a week after I repel a 2k strong siege, I'm now facing 1.2k.  And me with less than 300 defending.  But this is what randomly seizing a city to start your own kingdom will do...

I had to save scum a few times, but I knew I could do it.  I have a super elite infantry built up.  I just needed to figure out how to leverage them.  Turned out all I needed to do was run over to the battlement next to the ladders and immediately call all my men over to defend that spot.  Vastly reduced the rain of crossbow bolts problem.  Shields weren't enough.

Now I just need some vassals to take an interest in me before I get worn down to nothing.  I have a lot of people built up over 40 relation.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 310