Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656147 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3990 on: March 22, 2015, 03:08:33 pm »

I really hope they can properly pull off the console release if they are doing one.
I love M&B too much to see it fail due to poor porting.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: March 22, 2015, 05:16:32 pm »

Also, in today's news, around four-ish hours from now, a first release of The Reckoning will... well, be released.

Teal deer, it's a modern-day zombie mod made by a guy who is pretty much a literal wizard as far as modding M&B is concerned - he managed, among others, to add seasonal graphics (as in, snow in winter, grass in summer), a cover system usable by AI and properly working helicopters and cars and non-reskinned crossbow guns to the game.

Get hype!
IT'S HAPPENING!

DL link.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: March 22, 2015, 06:07:21 pm »

I keep getting a runtime error whenever the game tries to load the settings file or whatever. I've looked up solutions, but none of the ones I've tried have worked. Anyone have a fix?

EDIT: Also, it only seems to happen with big mods.

DOUBLEEDIT: Okay, I got it to load, but it crashes immediately whenever I tab out.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 06:29:20 pm by ShoesandHats »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: March 22, 2015, 06:27:34 pm »

I keep getting a runtime error whenever the game tries to load the settings file or whatever. I've looked up solutions, but none of the ones I've tried have worked. Anyone have a fix?

EDIT: Also, it only seems to happen with big mods.
make sure load textures on demand option is on as it was doing that to me. Mod is very buggy at the moment.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: March 22, 2015, 11:38:42 pm »

So with Reckoning being so buggy (from what I heard), do you guys recommend waiting it out? Or is it still playable and fun?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: March 23, 2015, 12:38:52 am »

So with Reckoning being so buggy (from what I heard), do you guys recommend waiting it out? Or is it still playable and fun?
Wait it out, lots of script errors flood on loot screens and I couldn't recruit more people after hiring in taverns. The npcs i did receive were not who i hired and had no weapons. Guns have a weird automatic reload that doesn't work most of the times. My favorite is the B key that spawns in friendly infected doing nothing.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: March 23, 2015, 01:44:36 am »

That moment when you've played the game so much you can move your character and sword mid-flight in a way to divert from the guy who just put up his shield to the guy to your right. Or when you can dodge one guy and attack another.

I feel like a samurai.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: March 23, 2015, 02:28:55 am »

That moment when you've played the game so much you can move your character and sword mid-flight in a way to divert from the guy who just put up his shield to the guy to your right. Or when you can dodge one guy and attack another.

I feel like a samurai.

I just click randomly and do random stuff like I'm spazzed out. So my guy always looks like he is having major seizures during combat
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: March 23, 2015, 05:43:39 am »

I feel like a samurai.

I just click randomly and do random stuff like I'm spazzed out. So my guy always looks like he is having major seizures during combat

I spam the downward attack with a poleweapon to the point of looking like one of those bird toy things that never stop.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: March 23, 2015, 06:22:11 am »

i do that with every weapon, in sieges at least

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: March 23, 2015, 10:17:22 am »

I tend to use two handed swords and bows. I haven't managed to get the hang of spears and I always seem to either be standing too close or too far to deal damage with a spear stab. It's seems really slow and enemies easily block it with their shields.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: March 23, 2015, 03:41:45 pm »

M&B combat if you've ever played or watched multiplayer literally looks like 2 players having seizures whipping their weapons around.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: March 23, 2015, 05:27:16 pm »

Scrubs!   :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: March 23, 2015, 08:30:47 pm »

M&B combat if you've ever played or watched multiplayer literally looks like 2 players having seizures whipping their weapons around.

Depends on where you play. I am the sultan of swoosh. Pikemaster-san with his pike-fu come to fuck-a you up. Spin it to win it. Jumpslash saves the day. 2hander/polearm master race. etc. green text doth win it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: March 23, 2015, 09:11:50 pm »

I played a lot of crpg for quite a while.  I wasn't one of the elites, but I got to the point where I could hold my own against almost anybody.  I would have prolonged duels involving many consecutive blocks against someone rapidly spamming feints between actual attacks.  I guess it looks like a bunch of random swinging, but with experienced players, there's real tactical work going on.  Searching for openings in defenses and such.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 310