Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656083 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3975 on: March 18, 2015, 09:59:56 pm »

In my experience, there's several factors.
1. Being the person who captured the fief
2. Relationship with king.
3. Relationship with other lords
4. Amount of fiefs possessed (compared to renown. Not sure what ratio.)
5. Amount of controversy currently possessed.

I know #1 there is pretty important, in my latest Prophecy of Pendor game I managed to get 4 walled fiefs (3 cities; Sarleon, Javiksholm and Avendor, along with Falcondark Castle) by taking them myself/as marshal. The reason given for refusing me the 5th (Valonbray) was controversy; too many idiot lords suicided into fierdsvain blobs, and every defeat suffered by the nation adds to the controversy of the Marshal. High controversy means no-one will follow you and the king won't grant you more fiefs. If you want a fief, tell someone you want it, and try to find the king and butter him up until he's happy to support you for it. Other lords supporting helps, but the king will frequently ignore what the other lords say if he likes you enough.

Also, stocking up on cities like that is a brilliant way of starting your own kingdom. When the king finally fails to give you the spoils of your victories, you can take that city and all your other walled holdings and make your own, cooler kingdom (Possibly with hookers and blackjack). Convince the better/friendlier lords from your old country to follow you, promote a couple of those noble companions you weren't dragging around with you because they squabble with the actually useful ones and you've got yourself a nice little country.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: March 20, 2015, 04:41:45 pm »

So no-one else trying to do the army design with the 16th Century mod?

I'm trying to figure out what the max equipment costs for each tier are.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: March 20, 2015, 09:34:14 pm »

So no-one else trying to do the army design with the 16th Century mod?

I'm trying to figure out what the max equipment costs for each tier are.

I opened it up and accidentally accepted. But I don't know how to open it again, so probably can't. Is there a way to open it again without starting over?

Also, if you give some of your troops grenades...its supposed to be really OP lol. But your own army costs a lot more than regular troops.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:36:01 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: March 20, 2015, 11:54:11 pm »

Yeah, finally figured it out. Doesn't really seem to be limits (or if there are they are rather generous) on what you can throw on them, but the interface is REALLY confusing.

Oh, and to get back just go to camp. Should say something about promoting your troops (engrish is bad :P)

As for what I've figured out, here it goes:

1. You distribute the ability/skill/weapon points normally, name the unit, then you left click on Save to make it (semi) permanent.
2. You get to the equip screen by left clicking on the unit's body. The actual equipping is pretty easy.
3. Now you hit Save again, then Back to go back to the points screen. It may or may not have actually saved your points so if it didn't redo and Save.
4. RIGHT CLICK to go back to the troop tree. Rinse, Repeat as necessary.

Yeah, its weird but the troops I made are awesome. And yes, giving them grenades is hilarious. Bonus points if you give them to the raw recruits :P

Though there ARE some issues. The higher tier troops I made seem to REDUCE my troop MAXIMUM, which is weird. So yeah, its still very experimental right now.

Indeed, I do this.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: March 21, 2015, 12:01:52 am »

Wait, designing your own units? You got my attention.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: March 21, 2015, 12:37:30 am »

16th Century mod.

Its pretty awesome. It does feel very much unfinished though, its relatively new for a M&B mod.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: March 21, 2015, 01:04:13 am »

16th Century mod.

Its pretty awesome. It does feel very much unfinished though, its relatively new for a M&B mod.

Well actually, it was put up on moddb in 2012 from what I can see. The mod is kinda old...I think its very first release was 2012. However, in late 2014 (december) the team (or maybe a new team took it over) revived it and has made it pretty much a new mod.

So technically its an old mod...but it was completely overhauled and updated so its actually sort of a new mod.

That is my understanding of it.

I'll have to experiment with the troop stuff as well. Giving recruits grenades sounds funny though :P Weak, but damaging troops lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: March 21, 2015, 01:29:16 am »

Ah, ok well Vendayn here is the one who found it in the first place, so he would know :P

Oh, and the grenades are kinda hit or miss. I haven't really figured out what makes it decide whether they work or not, because half the time they kill errything near em' and the other half they just go poof and do nothing. Not sure if I actually have to HIT someone with it to make it explode or what.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: March 21, 2015, 02:19:35 pm »

Ah, ok well Vendayn here is the one who found it in the first place, so he would know :P

Oh, and the grenades are kinda hit or miss. I haven't really figured out what makes it decide whether they work or not, because half the time they kill errything near em' and the other half they just go poof and do nothing. Not sure if I actually have to HIT someone with it to make it explode or what.

I haven't used them yet, but I assume they have to actually hit someone. Like an arrow/bolt/javelin kind of thing with the added effect of...SPLOSION

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: March 22, 2015, 07:59:39 am »

New Dev Diary

While there still isn't an official announcement that Bannerlord is going cross platform, the UI elements (as seen in the inventory and latest screenshot) seem to be designed around a controller. Whether this is true or it's just a bad alpha UI mock-up we'll have to wait and see.

While cross platform isn't necessarily a death knell I do have some fears as many previous series have failed to make the transition without sacrifices. However judging from the few dev diaries we've gotten so far it seems like Bannerlord is heading in the right direction and should be a massive improvement over the first instalment.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: March 22, 2015, 09:17:31 am »

Also, in today's news, around four-ish hours from now, a first release of The Reckoning will... well, be released.

Teal deer, it's a modern-day zombie mod made by a guy who is pretty much a literal wizard as far as modding M&B is concerned - he managed, among others, to add seasonal graphics (as in, snow in winter, grass in summer), a cover system usable by AI and properly working helicopters and cars and non-reskinned crossbow guns to the game.

Get hype!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: March 22, 2015, 10:05:43 am »

Also, in today's news, around four-ish hours from now, a first release of The Reckoning will... well, be released.

Teal deer, it's a modern-day zombie mod made by a guy who is pretty much a literal wizard as far as modding M&B is concerned - he managed, among others, to add seasonal graphics (as in, snow in winter, grass in summer), a cover system usable by AI and properly working helicopters and cars and non-reskinned crossbow guns to the game.

Get hype!

i've already had hype for so long so i can't wait :D

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: March 22, 2015, 10:18:40 am »

That mod sounded so ambitious and breakgrounding from all i had read about it, and as it was all a one man show, i never thought it would be ever released one day before the guy would just be bored with this amount of work.

And wasn't that modder one of the hired developer for the recent viking warband expansion ?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: March 22, 2015, 10:22:54 am »

Oh my god The Reckoning is being released? I never though it would be finish, oh my god can't wait.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: March 22, 2015, 10:46:40 am »

That mod sounded so ambitious and breakgrounding from all i had read about it, and as it was all a one man show, i never thought it would be ever released one day before the guy would just be bored with this amount of work.

And wasn't that modder one of the hired developer for the recent viking warband expansion ?
Yes, he was. I actually think he was 'drafted', so to speak, because IIRC he joined the dev team after the development was already started. I haven't played VC much, but if it does have seasons system with proper graphics changes, that's the guy's handiwork.

But since Viking Conquest's release was an utter mess, I have been kinda on the fence as to whether being a VC dev that much of a honor :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 310