Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656092 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3960 on: March 16, 2015, 05:46:31 pm »

Decided to have a cheat run and try out the army editor thing. Its decent, but I have NO FUCKING IDEA what the limits are. Anyone willing to do some science?

Oh and that gun thing the 3yuan? BEST. THING. EVER. Its a gun with THREE BARRELS THAT YOU CAN ALSO USE AS A MELEE WEAPON. HOLY SHITCAKES.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: March 16, 2015, 11:06:08 pm »

Decided to have a cheat run and try out the army editor thing. Its decent, but I have NO FUCKING IDEA what the limits are. Anyone willing to do some science?

Oh and that gun thing the 3yuan? BEST. THING. EVER. Its a gun with THREE BARRELS THAT YOU CAN ALSO USE AS A MELEE WEAPON. HOLY SHITCAKES.

I haven't gone into the army editor thing yet. I should give it a try. But I found the 3yuan at one of the stores and yeah it is pretty epic.

Also, kicked out spain from the americas :D On the downside, the native americans of north america can field now a 1000+ size army (from 800 to 1000 roughly) and all the aztec lords are severely low on manpower after our fights with spain. Some of the lords also had a side mission of defeating the mayans, so that is two problems gone. And, our one city has 600 man defenses though, so that helps a lot.

Seems army size grows over time if left unchecked...think thats normal for warband, don't remember. I know in 1257 AD mod sometimes army size for some lords would go crazy in numbers. In any case...I have a feeling us aztecs are gonna get pwned and I'll end up being with the natives of north america :P Guess too much focus on spain lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: March 16, 2015, 11:22:04 pm »

some turkish site claims the lead dev at taleworlds told them bannerlord is going to be multiplatform :(
http://www.turunculevye.com/haberler/goster/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-is-coming-for-consoles-8933

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: March 16, 2015, 11:26:28 pm »

My first guess is they mean the Nvidia Shield, which they ported Warband over to if I remember correctly. I know a lot of people played the battles with a controller. Stiiill, waiting for new blog posts.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: March 17, 2015, 12:18:29 am »

ROFL.

First, there was a 10k+ army of spanish coming to reclaim the Americas. Which, that single army could actually take on the entire americas as none of the natives have nearly that much to field.

They got to the islands and...FEAST! They all turned back to have a feast.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: March 17, 2015, 10:26:14 am »

Did Harlaus move to Spain?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: March 17, 2015, 11:58:08 am »

Started playing this mod. Despite the really poor English it is quite fun. After committing tax fraud in England (collected taxes in London for Henry VIII and never gave him his cut) I fled to the New World. Joined up with the natives as a common soldier, came away from it with native skin as armour (it's quite good armour). Now working as a mercenary in the German-Italian wars and fighting in a lot of tournaments.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: March 17, 2015, 12:10:51 pm »

Started playing this mod. Despite the really poor English it is quite fun. After committing tax fraud in England (collected taxes in London for Henry VIII and never gave him his cut) I fled to the New World. Joined up with the natives as a common soldier, came away from it with native skin as armour (it's quite good armour). Now working as a mercenary in the German-Italian wars and fighting in a lot of tournaments.

So you skinned a native and made armor from him?  This mod sounds pretty hardcore.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: March 17, 2015, 01:53:38 pm »

Anybody else getting this "map_tree_meshes.brf" problem with the 16th century mod?

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: March 17, 2015, 02:35:38 pm »

Anybody else getting this "map_tree_meshes.brf" problem with the 16th century mod?

I got this error, redownloaded/reinstalled and it worked fine the second time. I also installed the two patches for the mod.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: March 18, 2015, 03:52:55 am »

Kicked out Portugal from South America, leaving only the natives left. Since us Aztecs kicked out Spain before. It was a hard fight, because their defenses have strong numbers and I ended up attacking them on my own. With only 100 troops collected from the various native villages (my difficulty is at 107%) :P Building siege equipment seems a lot faster than other mods, like in 1257 it would take weeks of game time to build anything (or at least days). To build a ladder took a lot quicker, even with my low engineering. Portugal rather pwns though, the only reason we won is cause the game kept glitching out to be honest lol. The portugal troops would for some reason fly off the fort walls and then die. After winning, I saved it and made a quick cheat game with a powered character...and they didn't do that again, so probably a rare glitchy thing. I think it was actually cause my PC was overheating causing the game to lag and lag tends to do weird things.

After that (and cooling down the PC), I traveled back to the Aztec lands (long journey) and noticed there was a HUGE war with 4 Aztec lords (including the aztec chief) against 7 north american natives (with their chief).

850 or so of them, only 500 or so of us (including my remaining 30 troops)

I joined anyway to try to save the fight and...they crushingly defeated us. They had 100 remaining alive (so we got some good victories), with a bunch wounded. But another Aztec lord (he had 280 troops) came by and I followed him as we picked off the north american natives who were trying to escape. So in the end, both sides suffered hugely (and we only got victories cause that one lord came by)

Shortly after that, a truce was called between Aztecs and north american natives. With both sides greatly wounded.

And portagul angry that we (more like me :P) took south america from them...but even if they declare war, spain and france is pwning them so not too much of a threat if they stay in war with those two.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: March 18, 2015, 09:28:16 am »

Hmm, how do you even become a better Lord in vanilla? I don't really know what to do to receive more fiefs and such. Also, I got rather bored because I'm a Jarl and the Nords aren't fighting anyone, so there's nothing for me to do apart from murdering bandits and selling their gear.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: March 18, 2015, 10:55:54 am »

Hmm, how do you even become a better Lord in vanilla? I don't really know what to do to receive more fiefs and such. Also, I got rather bored because I'm a Jarl and the Nords aren't fighting anyone, so there's nothing for me to do apart from murdering bandits and selling their gear.
The fiefs are generally assigned as new ones are conquered or otherwise freed up; the number of your fiefs, you relationship with the king and whether you have captured it yourself is taken into consideration.

Even at nominal peacetime, you can wage your own private wars, the same way you instigate a war with a kingdom as some rando - kill some peasants or caravans, usually - and if you capture a fief, you can get it if the king is in the mood, but in that case you have to fight on your own.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: March 18, 2015, 05:51:07 pm »

Looks like you can build your own village (that you can move locations if needed, which is awesome), patrol center (I assume you can have patrols around your village) AND a castle in the 16th century mod. Thats pretty advanced compared to what 1257 offers (its manor system of 1257 mod has more stuff, but its kinda rather simple and meaningless).

With that said. Playing as the natives of americas is really hard at first, but rather easy after a while. Unless you play the mayans or incas, as they don't start with as much (especially mayans, only 1 lord and 2 vassals lol). But as aztecs...after I kicked out portugul and spain...its been endless peace lol. I like it that way though :P Occasional spanish lord comes to do some raiding and pillaging, but no vast armies dare cross the vast ocean to reclaim the americas. Then once you get peace with the north american natives, they don't tend to declare war again and haven't even had any aggression with the inca empire. And the spanish lord that does come over, we end up chasing back to where he came from...Europe :P Or if we catch him, then he gets defeated or becomes a prisoner.

But the americas are very peaceful :D Most may not like that in a game about war, but I really do. I can focus on...I'll be honest...teleporting around to do tournaments and stuff. I was traveling, but I kept missing every tournament because the map is rather big. And that is one downside of a huge map, is it takes forever to travel lol. But the only thing I teleport for is tournaments. Otherwise I RP by traveling around on the map. Which I mostly stay in americas.

Besides its not really cheating, I noticed the AI "teleports" to do tournaments too :P So fair is fair. I can do one tournament, go to another and the same lord is at that tournament. Even vanilla warband that happens, so if AI does it...I'll do it too lol.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: March 18, 2015, 07:21:32 pm »

I am under the impression that sucking up to the King and persuading him to grant the newly-conquered land is the most straightforward way. Of course, you will need to guard your new fiefs from the inevitable horde of enemies wanting to recapture them.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 310