Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656048 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3945 on: February 22, 2015, 01:48:57 pm »

The reviews I've seen were all negative, claiming the game is way rushed mostly. Seeing what happened with Viking Conquest, it seems like a bit of a recurring theme.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: February 22, 2015, 02:05:18 pm »

Rule: Buy original.  Never remake.

(Sequels are ok, but only on sale)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: February 22, 2015, 02:10:55 pm »

Technically, Warband is a remake of M&B, so...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: February 22, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »

Technically, Warband is a remake of M&B, so...

I saw it more as a sequel, hence my disclaimer.  But yeah.  Warband does add a bit, including crashing every time I check a new companion's inventory (the game has gone through at least 4 patches without fixing that: At this point, I doubt it will ever be fixed).

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: February 22, 2015, 08:26:54 pm »

I don't think I've ever had that happen?

I occasionally crash when alt-tabbing out, usually during multiplayer, though.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: February 22, 2015, 08:33:14 pm »

I occasionally crash when alt-tabbing out, usually during multiplayer, though.
Hit alt-enter before alt-tabbing

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: February 22, 2015, 10:57:58 pm »

These stupid offshoots are just making me more impatient for M&B 2
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: February 23, 2015, 04:40:42 am »

What is the point of buying these offshoots when there are excellent mods out there? I did buy With Fire and Sword though, but that was purely for multiplayer.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: March 14, 2015, 02:59:44 am »

While browsing moddb for any "new" mods I found...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/16th-century

for warband. Looks really epic. I took a quick look in-game and map is HUGE. Granted he did scale down some areas. Kind of to be expected. But, there is europe, africa, eastern US, central america, south america and asia.

You can be a native american, or an african tribe or any other number of factions in the map.

Seems to have a lot of features too. Only downside I saw was the items in merchants are typical vanilla ones. But, all the units get custom stuff it looks like (at least for the native americans). So there is custom armors, but can't buy them I guess.

If anyone decides to try it, get the 1.6 version found in the comments. It links to mega.co as the download host for it, but its a test version (I found it worked better).
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: March 14, 2015, 11:42:55 pm »

Yeah I'm really loving that mod. And as a note, it does have a lot of custom items in the various markets...so my very first initial impressions on that were wrong. Plus you can get more custom stuff by enlisting in an army and raising in ranks.

I decided to be the Aztecs. I like the idea of kicking the Spanish out, conquering the entire western world...and then raiding across the ocean the land of africa and europe. Sorta like europa universalis 3 with the random aztecs :P Plus, if we have the entire land mass...it would be REALLY hard for anyone to travel over to take anything. It would be a huge journey, and you lose morale for being too long out at sea (think AI is effected too, dunno though). Still a long journey, with no safe areas to land.

At least the 1.6 version I have, isn't entirely finished. Incas are named wrong (probably easy enough to fix, its just a faction name change) and some things are still in testing mode. But, guess its an in development mod (though with that said, it has a TON of stuff and is pretty advanced).

My first fort battle was pretty epic. I decided to get all the other lords and attack that spanish fort on aztec's shores. Spanish can't really defend it (all their lords are mostly in europe)...so actually "easy pickings"

Huge thick line of Spanish musketeers on the wall, and my waves of Aztecs swarming toward them. Playing at 500 battle size. Aztecs dying all around, I stay back so I can just watch whats going on (me being morale support :P)...aztecs reach the ladders...being decimated on the way up.

But, finally the first Aztecs reach the top of the walls. Spanish front line gets decimated. Not good close fighters I guess or Aztecs are just better. I then follow up, but even though we heavily outnumber the Spanish and breached the wall...its still a blood bath of hundreds of Aztecs dying.

45-50 minutes into the battle, many dead, many wounded...we finally take their fort. But that was epic, like a movie battle. So many died from their guns.

So, now whats left is Mayans (but they are easy pickings, I don't think they are really developed yet), Incas and the natives of north america. Plus some islands with spanish on them.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: March 15, 2015, 07:22:29 am »

I never heard about this mod.
I gave a look to their video on the moddb page linked and wow, those cities are visually amazing.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: March 15, 2015, 06:45:04 pm »

Yeah, mod has awesome potential, and I've only skimmed through some of it.

Annoying as hell that it has that stupid "all the fucking important text gets hidden because we wanted pretty pictures more then readable text" though.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: March 16, 2015, 01:24:39 am »

I've had a very brief look through and there is a lot of new content with Ming Dynasty armour, European armour and all that but the overall quality is a little lacking in areas. If they can improve on the smaller details it'll be a really nice mod. Things like some buildings not aligning properly with gaps in the geometry, the Japanese armour is very basic compared to Gekokujo and some names and places are slightly wrong or oddly placed.

I did think while playing it that I would really like a mod for Mount and Blade that added area mini-maps. The cities are difficult to navigate without a horse and not knowing their extent.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: March 16, 2015, 07:14:12 am »

Yeah my biggest issue with it is that they made the menus clunkier then in vanilla. Don't know why mod makers feel they have to mess with that stuff.

I mean the character/party/inventory menus and such.

Also, minor bug(?) with the freelancer stuff. Lord got captured and it threw me out of service, without canceling the quest. I talked to my lord and there was no option to rejoin, though this is could be stuff that Floris added, as I have no experience with freelancer beyond what's in that.

Oh, and the factions are HILARIOUSLY unbalanced. I mean I understand why for things like the Aztecs etc. but I started in Moscow and it was utterly CRUSHED by the Teutonics. Like, 300 vs. 30-50 casualties respectively.

EDIT: Nother fuckup. Just like Floris, retreating is impossible. WHY IN THE FUCKING HELL WOULD YOU REMOVE THE POSSIBILITY TO RETREAT? Sometimes people get ambushed and can't win yo'
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:03:27 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: March 16, 2015, 12:55:45 pm »

Is diplomacy included in this mod?
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 310