Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656043 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3930 on: November 29, 2014, 07:54:31 am »

Are peasants really that hard to obtain?
Maybe in large groups, but getting a few isn't that hard if you hunt down some bandits or sea raiders.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: November 30, 2014, 09:10:47 pm »

I'm getting a bit tired of Japan but I don't think I'll enjoy playing with shields again.

Anyways what mods are good? Preferably full conversion mods.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: December 06, 2014, 01:40:03 am »

So is there a list of features anywhere that Viking Conquest has as compared to base Warband?  Like any core gameplay/engine-type stuff?  Or is it just a professional mod?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: December 11, 2014, 01:00:17 pm »

So is there a list of features anywhere that Viking Conquest has as compared to base Warband?  Like any core gameplay/engine-type stuff?  Or is it just a professional mod?

Keeping previous mods-turned-official in mind and the Steam feature list, think Brytenwalda's features but supported from ground up rather than tacked onto the engine in more or less hacky ways, most likely.

Also: SHOULD BE OUT NOW!

E:

You MIGHT need to restart Steam for it to register as needing an update. I know I had.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 01:14:51 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: December 12, 2014, 08:34:42 am »

That sounds dangerously close to "is like Brytenwalda but you pay for it"

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: December 12, 2014, 08:50:02 am »

That sounds dangerously close to "is like Brytenwalda but you pay for it"

After a brief playthrough: it is not, although some things will be familiar after playing Brytenwalda. There's an entire (optional) story mode, with pretty interesting elements too, and the companion interactions have more depth. The entire skill system works differently - as far as I can tell, instead of getting 1/1/10 points in Attributes, Skills and Proficiencies each level, you get a far larger pool of attribute points early on but don't level them up normally, and you can level Skills to 1/2 instead of 1/3 of Attributes, but they are practically capped because of that. Map is 3D and REALLY nice, with cool labels over the lands that disappear on zooming in.

On the other hand, I cannot recommend buying it now. The devs cocked up QA BIG time, making the DLC memory-leaky and crash-prone. Some homegrown code master already pointed out the major issues and they are working on fixing it and apologizing profusely, so yeah, you might want to hold off on it until it's patched into shape.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: December 12, 2014, 11:06:56 am »

About Brytenwalda.
There is someone that decided to improve work on Brytenwalda after the devs left it to go on their Viking Conquest DLC, improving it at first visually, but more interesting he included several other mods and own work that help to fix a lot of bugs and problems left behind by the devs.

Brytenwalda Repolished
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,316790.0.html

edit : while checking around, i see why people aren't recommending that DLC thing :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319843.0.html
they really need to step up their game on the QA, they're not working on a mod anymore as a hobby on spare time, that kind of DLC thing is something people are paying money for, delivering commercial stuff in such a state is only going to be badly impacting on the willingness of people to repay money for their future work .
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 11:23:16 am by Robsoie »

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: December 13, 2014, 03:17:27 am »

I think it is...a nerfed version of Brytenwalda. So...first...and no, I'm not going to talk of the crashes or anything.

But, it is lacking a lot of Brytewalda.

The good...story mode is actually pretty cool. I love the naval battles, they make a lot more sense than the Total War ones that confuse the hell out of me. It seems more in-depth and...that is about it.

The downside? No freelancer, which should be part of the base game already but it isn't. If bannerlord doesn't include it, I'll wait for a mod that does before I even think of buying it. You don't get to buy/prepare land like in Brytenwalda. You don't barely get any 2 handed stuff like in Brytenwalda. And definitely no 2 handed axes...which okay I'm not historically knowledged on vikings during the era...so maybe they didn't use 2 handed axes? Maybe that is Hollywood making things up about vikings going in with axes. Seems lame though. There is A LOT less factions than Brytenwalda...and why no Sweden? Sweden was huge back then as far as I know...the map is also uglier than the one in Brytenwalda and the graphics in general are uglier than Brytenwalda.

Unlike Brytenwalda, you can't do farming either. You have little in the way of "RP" stuff in general.

Maybe its an early access thing? They didn't say that anywhere when I bought it. But...

I played 6 hours and went back to Brytenwalda and A New Dawn. Both vastly superior. Oh well, maybe that 13 USD I paid will pay off later...not like I actually PAID because I got 15 dollars out of glitched gems someone gave me...(and before anyone says something, I didn't even realize one could glitch gems or I'd have just not sold them. Figured someone bought a bunch and was feeling friendly (hey it happens)

In any case...even if it had no crashes or anything...Brytenwalda, 1257 ad and A New Dawn are both way better and more fun to play. If it was an early access thing, it should have been more obvious.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:23:19 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: December 13, 2014, 03:30:01 am »

^To Previous poster, Sweden wasn't as famous as Denmark on England, or Norway on their trips to Iceland, Greenland and Vinland, and well Norway was related to Denmark/somthing. But yeah Sweden is forgotten a lot, just like how we're the Canada of Europe (some people say Norway but Norway is a pretty warm country with very little trees).

I don't know how to get WSE to work with SteamOverlay so with all the nags about Brytenwalda i'll just leave this here.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: December 13, 2014, 05:27:56 am »

Furthermore, they made a point of excluding other Scandinavian countries to prevent conflicts there from interfering with the focus of the mod, which is Britain, and vikings in the Great Heathen Army were from all over the Scandinavia, but Norway was the rallying point for taking off to Britain.

And 2h axes are historical accuracy trumping fun.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: January 24, 2015, 04:48:11 pm »

I've been trying out A New Dawn for Warband.

By trying, I mean dying all the time to everything.
Signed up to enlist in Swadia's king army and still die all the time
Try to do trading and die
Get captured by bandits, released and then die

So my experience with A New Dawn is dying. Dunno anything else about the mod, just dying. Its a great feature though! The only mod that features dying to everything, everywhere, any time :D :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: January 25, 2015, 09:33:37 am »

A New Dawn's a good mod.  I've not had quite experienced quite as much of the dying as you have though, apparently.  Although I'm pretty sure I opted for the reduced-bandit start one time, and then I'm pretty sure I spawned literally with a 26-man horde on top of me despite that.  So.

I would recommend the age-old tactic of recruiting as many hapless recruits as you can and making them die instead of you.  They're very good at it.  Toss enough of them at a time into the meatgrinder for long enough and you'll eventually have some dudes who can reasonably tackle some troops and make them also die, without dying too much in return.  The Rhodok highlanders and the Syndicate that spawn around there are not tthaaat bad, as I recall.

My other recommendation is to wander around until you can jump into a (winnable, of course) in-progress fight and loot a buncha freed troops from other side's prisoner train.  That was the main way I got kickstarted in my latest AND game.  Try to uh, actually have enough speed to catch enemy armies afterward, though.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: January 25, 2015, 10:18:50 am »

I'm getting a bit tired of Japan but I don't think I'll enjoy playing with shields again.

Anyways what mods are good? Preferably full conversion mods.
Ever tried Phantasy Calradia?

Its what I've been playing recently, and its an awesome mod.
Its sorta a cross between M&B and D&D.
So you got orcs over by the Khergits and elves in the Swadian forest.

But best of all you get to THROW MUTHAFUCKIN FIREBALLS.
High level mages can become one-man siege engines, is crazy.

The only complaint I have about the mod is that it doesn't have Diplomacy or any of the other "must haves" packaged in  :'(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: February 22, 2015, 01:23:37 pm »

Just posting to let people know that Carribean is released. I haven't looked into it so that's all I've got.
Steam
Good Old Games
Website
Bay12 topic (3 years old)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: February 22, 2015, 01:36:31 pm »

Yeah, I noticed that as well.  Not sure it introduces enough to justify the purchase.

I also find the Storyline to be a REAL turnoff.  Don't these people know the customer base of Mount & Blade?

While some people have enjoyed the mods that added a story, the base game is as freeform as you can get, and I can only assume that I'm not the only one for whom that is a large part of the charm.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 310