Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655930 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3870 on: November 22, 2014, 09:50:18 am »

Vassals should just join you eventually, the same way they do for other forces. As you gain territory lords should get exiled or somesuch and then end up at your capital, asking to join.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: November 22, 2014, 09:53:04 am »

I got Kyoto and my god it earns 50k in tariffs!

Ahem anyways, got a few questions.

I got a town but I have a tiny oversight I forgot, how do I get vassals to join me when I haven't befriended any of them yet?
What level and skill should I get for companions to be vassals?

Mod specific questions:
Diplomacy mod allows you choose your faction culture, why do I have only Miyoshi and Usuegi clans?

I don't know how companions work in that particular mod, but if they were not changed, you should be able to send them to gather intel on a faction specific to each companion, and once they return, you will have a bunch of information on which vassals are resentful of their liege. If you meet them, you may use the 'talk in secret' option to try and convince them to join you.

If you ask around, you may also learn of the personality of a vassal, then you should use just basic logic to figure out what of the options in the argument fits their personality the most - a scheming cynic is unlikely to be moved by your goal of ensuring justice for all and none shall leave unsatisfied, or a martial lord is unlikely to desire to serve a ruler aiming to end the wars by uniting the lands under his rule.

As for Diplomacy, integrating the actual open source code into the mod is up to the modder, not the OSP author, so it's likely a bug.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: November 22, 2014, 10:10:57 am »

So my only choice is to destroy Miyoshi clan's remaining towns and castles by my lonesome self and pray that some goes to my court and not the other dozen clans?

Fuck.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: November 22, 2014, 10:38:04 am »

So my only choice is to destroy Miyoshi clan's remaining towns and castles by my lonesome self and pray that some goes to my court and not the other dozen clans?

Fuck.

Landless lords get angry at their current master, and will eventually either commit treason or get indicted.  If you have unassigned fiefs, SOMEONE should eventually go to you.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Schaep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: November 22, 2014, 11:14:40 am »

I've been looking to get back into Warband, played and enjoyed vanilla a lot a while back. I'm having some trouble seeing the trees through the forest concerning mods though, I'm specifically looking for mods that expand the management aspect of the game, I'm not necessarily interested in more units but I am in deeper economics, diplomacy, building etc. I found in vanilla it gets pretty repetitive once you've taken a couple sites. Any suggestions?

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: November 22, 2014, 12:33:16 pm »

Which mod has Japan?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: November 22, 2014, 12:35:55 pm »

Gekokujo, I think. It's pretty good, decently balanced. Biggest issue I can remember is that one of the companions pretty much ruins my immersion.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: November 22, 2014, 02:05:06 pm »

It's George isn't it?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: November 22, 2014, 02:12:35 pm »

Still wanting for M&B 2 sooooo bad
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: November 22, 2014, 04:11:50 pm »

I just realize I suck at diplomacy.

For every truce I sign, two more declares war at me. Hell, they can't even reach me and they still want to fight. I think I'm going to need a full time diplomat to sign non-aggression pacts.

I also made two companions vassals just to keep up with all these wars. The extra 200-300 troops following me around is a godsend.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: November 22, 2014, 04:18:43 pm »

Yeah. George is... just a bit too far. I could just about deal with him back when the 2hus/Goemon acted more like their namesakes, but now they've shifted to being somewhat sensible characters for the time period, just with a name I recognise, while he's still George.

On the plus side, he's best friends with cannibal guy, which is hilarious.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: November 22, 2014, 04:37:03 pm »

Having a line of 80 hatamoto gunners open fire can tear armies apart. Especially higher Campaign and Combat AI means their strategy is a few minute shootouts as they circle and creep closer to you.

Then I throw peasant spearmen at the grand melee while the hatamoto gunners rips shit apart.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: November 22, 2014, 04:47:44 pm »

I can't afford Hatamoto Gunners, but I took both of the villa places that give you cheap gunners with ok stats. I have to mass a lot more of them, but the AI is really happy to slowly walk forward into my fire, keeping their skirmisher line moving so they can't aim properly while mine rips them apart.

Ah, memories.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: November 22, 2014, 05:04:00 pm »

You can take Kyoto by amassing Monks and Sado Exiles from Mii-dera. It took me 3 attacks to whittle down their 600 garrison by throwing 100 men into the grinder while I snipe the towers with my companions. Having 7 surgery means I only lose like 20-30 each time. You don't even have to win as long as you kill 100 each time.

You can walk around with 20 hatamoto gunners and faceroll all those rebels for profit if you're in dire need of cash. Get a dye works on the most profitable towns, sake/soy sauce/lacquer if they can get you 200+. Having 3 of them can pay most of upkeep of hatamotos.

You can also go north to get missions to clear out the Ezo hideouts.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: November 23, 2014, 05:08:36 pm »

Finally for the first time, I'm at peace since I took Kyoto. God no wonder this is called a Warring States period. Having 6 companions that has 3 training at the minimum means I can raise a veteran level army in 3-4 days and 30 hatamotos in a week.

All those tiny 30-50 lords roaming around raiding my shit means all I do is chase them around till they leave.

Should I empty my entire garrison into one super DOOM Patrol? At what reasonable size should I make it to scare away even the assembled armies? Does the unit level matter or do I need to stuff em with veterans and elites?
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 310