Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655784 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3780 on: November 09, 2014, 06:04:24 pm »

Huscarls are great. A few dozen huscarls in the tightest possible formation can fight off hundreds of Khergits. Just hope they don't drop their shield a split second before the lance meets their face.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: November 09, 2014, 06:54:18 pm »

Nords in general fare pretty well with most factions. Unless the AI does something ridiculous and mass 100 Swadian Knights.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: November 09, 2014, 07:14:40 pm »

I've always played as the nords, because they seem to be the best independent units. It's easy to just tell a big murderblob of nord infantry to hold a line standing close together, and let enemies charge into them while you ride around killing ranged units. A wall of huscarls also churns siege defenders like butter, and can hold out while defending when ridiculously outnumbered.

It honestly seems like the nord trained infantry are about as good as most factions' top level infantry units in close fighting, and the veteran archers are pretty decent.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: November 09, 2014, 07:30:22 pm »

I think huscarls are the best infantry units, I'm fairly sure they trump every other faction's top tier in general. Not counting one by one but rather general horde ability against a wide variety of units such as infantry, cav and archers.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: November 09, 2014, 08:10:14 pm »

I usually do Nords or Sarranids in vanilla because Huscarls are excellent, while Sarannid Mamlukes are excellent as well as the elite infantry and archers. Nords are great for mass infantry charge while Sarannids are practically already the Calradian dream of Knights, Huscarls, and Sharpshooters.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: November 09, 2014, 08:31:14 pm »

I always go for Vaegirs, because uh.  They were my first dudes in the early Mountain Blaides, and I hate change.

Arrow storming enemies is awesome also.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: November 09, 2014, 08:45:07 pm »

I always go for Vaegirs, because uh.  They were my first dudes in the early Mountain Blaides, and I hate change.

Arrow storming enemies is awesome also.
Yes, this exactly.
I like to pick up Nord for infantry, and sometimes Sarranid cavalry.  But the sharpshooters and Khergit horsemen can find other armies to be optimal in.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: November 09, 2014, 08:46:34 pm »

Nord Footmen are fairly good considering they are only Tier 2 thus incredibly easy to mass, as in crank out 20-30 a day with enough stacked trainer skill.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: November 09, 2014, 10:08:15 pm »

Nord Huscarls are a higher tier than most other units can possibly train to IRRC.  This is a weakness because it makes them take longer to train and much more expensive to maintain.  But its also a strength because the player's army size is the main thing that makes them offensively powerful, and Huscarls are very powerful without using many slots.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: November 09, 2014, 10:16:39 pm »

Nord Huscarls are a higher tier than most other units can possibly train to IRRC.  This is a weakness because it makes them take longer to train and much more expensive to maintain.  But its also a strength because the player's army size is the main thing that makes them offensively powerful, and Huscarls are very powerful without using many slots.

Yep, which makes every single "Huscarl killed by Urist McAsshole" message during a battle all the more painful and gut wrenching.  :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: November 09, 2014, 10:23:40 pm »

And that is why you make Jeremus a master surgeon.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: November 10, 2014, 12:38:07 am »

This is true, adding to this is the fact that the higher level a troop is, the more proficient it is at fighting. It's the same cause of difference between a champion fighter who feints and chambers like a demi-god, and a novice fighers that the player can kills droves of in the arena. It doesn't matter when it comes to auto-resolve though, unfortunately.

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: November 11, 2014, 01:32:32 pm »

an army of huscarls is the most powerful force in the game, nothing can stand up to them.
coming in second as the most powerful mobile force in the game are mamluks.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: November 11, 2014, 03:10:23 pm »

an army of huscarls is the most powerful force in the game, nothing can stand up to them.
coming in second as the most powerful mobile force in the game are mamluks.

I still argue the horror of Swad knight lancers is much more horrifying.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: November 11, 2014, 03:24:41 pm »

Yeah a swarm of Swadian Heavy Cav can be pretty devastating, but only really if controlled by the player, AI don't use cavalry very well but you can get a horde of heavy cav to trample and skewer a murder blob of nords then turn around and do it again.

An army of Rhodok Sharpshooters is pretty devastating as well, they do crazy damage and are decent sword and board men if they end up in a melee.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 310