Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655729 times)

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3750 on: October 21, 2014, 02:07:40 am »

Started a character in Calradia: Imperial Age. It's in very early beta(or alpha even) but it seems to have most of what I enjoyed from tEaRC. They even gave the Sarrhanids Musketeer Janissaries! I love Janissaries!
Ctrl + space speeds up game time. I don't know if freelancer mod automatically speed up time but it's worth mentioning. I enjoyed  the game much more after I found out that you could speed up time (after 300 hours of not knowing 0_0)
It doesn't work in Freelancer. Not on my mods at least.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: October 21, 2014, 06:04:11 am »

You have to get the lord's party to stop moving first by pressing one of the buttons at the bottom. Once you exit back to the strategic map, your lord will be in the running animation and will be susceptible to space + ctrl.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: October 21, 2014, 04:06:39 pm »

O man..... if they don't screw up mount and blade 2.........just imagining the the amount of time I will spend on it and it's mods.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: October 21, 2014, 04:25:44 pm »

Over 300 hours?

That is gonna happen to me if it is at least just as good.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: October 27, 2014, 05:32:52 pm »

Ugh, was happy to find that there is a game of thrones mod for warband, but WOW does it suck. The world map lags despite my powerful new laptop, AI gets stuck in trees with invisible walls everywhere forcing you to retreat, it has the damned shield bash mechanism but doesn't let you disable it, and the ****ing random events that make you permanently lose stats! I mean really? How are you going to even be able to play long enough if at some point you are going to hit 0 in stats?

I hate it when people put in this retarded mods that only make the game annoying and don't even give you the choice to turn them off.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: October 27, 2014, 05:48:03 pm »

Ugh, was happy to find that there is a game of thrones mod for warband, but WOW does it suck. The world map lags despite my powerful new laptop, AI gets stuck in trees with invisible walls everywhere forcing you to retreat, it has the damned shield bash mechanism but doesn't let you disable it, and the ****ing random events that make you permanently lose stats! I mean really? How are you going to even be able to play long enough if at some point you are going to hit 0 in stats?

I hate it when people put in this retarded mods that only make the game annoying and don't even give you the choice to turn them off.

There's more than one. Keep that in mind.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: November 06, 2014, 06:33:15 am »

Just wondering, was there ever a mod which improved/adjusted the hitdetection/collision? I mean, I hate getting into a battle where there is like 3 guys around me who EACH can hit me without connecting with each other but the moment I have 1 ally next to me I cancel out of my attack in fear of touching him. Also a kind of adjustment that makes it that a BIG swing doesn't stop with just one guy, I mean I swear I got taken out by someone that just killed the guy nearby with one swing once...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: November 06, 2014, 06:53:27 am »

Just wondering, was there ever a mod which improved/adjusted the hitdetection/collision? I mean, I hate getting into a battle where there is like 3 guys around me who EACH can hit me without connecting with each other but the moment I have 1 ally next to me I cancel out of my attack in fear of touching him. Also a kind of adjustment that makes it that a BIG swing doesn't stop with just one guy, I mean I swear I got taken out by someone that just killed the guy nearby with one swing once...

I think that's an engine issue, not something you can just fix by changing some values.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: November 07, 2014, 03:42:02 am »

I assume without that effect the game descends into the main press of each army endlessly hitting their own dudes instead of the enemy.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: November 07, 2014, 03:45:41 am »

Does anyone have tips on dealing with multiple enemies in Warband? It seems like as soon as I get mobbed by multiple enemies then a KO is imminent since I can't land any attacks in, and I can't run.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: November 07, 2014, 04:05:10 am »

Does anyone have tips on dealing with multiple enemies in Warband? It seems like as soon as I get mobbed by multiple enemies then a KO is imminent since I can't land any attacks in, and I can't run.

Yes. I've logged 400+ hours on mount and blade and have only just now started being able to fight 4-5 enemies at once.

First off, athletics skill can help. I don't put many points into athletics but theoretically if you are faster than them then with enough time you can win by letting the fastest of them reach you, and maybe catch some of them on obstacles, then turn around and swing.

What I normally do is use terrain. They can swing through their allies (even the arena guys who suddenly all decide you need to die and team up, the damned cheaters) but not through a rock or tree or wall. So get close to something and the AI will sometimes try to swing in the direction of the wall; that is when you attack.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:04:23 am by Micro102 »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: November 07, 2014, 04:24:46 am »

First off all, fight while running backwards always.  You won't get surrounded and some of the enemies will fall behind as they swing and miss or get caught on their allies.

Next you need to know how to block their attacks.  This is sort of character specific (and YMMV depending on your options, particularly auto-blocking) but one thing that will always be consistent is you can't block two attacks at once without a shield.  Shields will make this part easier but the next part harder.

Thirdly, you need to attack when no enemy can hit you.  Attack when as many enemies as possible are out of reach or winding down from an attack.  If someone was just blocked, your next hit will land before theirs with an equivalent weapon.  If the first enemy you'll hit is winding up an attack, you're fine as long as you hit first.  This gets way easier with a longer weapon like a quarterstaff or two-handed sword.  Its also worth pointing out that wild swinging can yield results here, especially against unskilled enemies.  I wouldn't try it against a Huscarl but against militia or weak soldiers/bandits you might just stun lock everyone and kill them in a few hits.  Again a long weapon will help here, its been a bit since I played but I swear that a powerful hit can cleave through multiple opponents causing them all to flinch.

But yeah, the truth is if you get ganged up on you're in trouble.  Its kind of a realistic game like that.  Makes that one time when you take out 6 guards with unkilled quarterstaff use and unthinkable luck all the more satisfying :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: November 07, 2014, 06:56:29 am »

There are generally only two attacks that work when an enemy, or enemies, is face hugging you: Left slash and overhand. These two work because they enter the damage part of the arc pretty much right away. All strikes have an acceleration stage in their attack that will practically do nothing if the weapon connects during this part of the swing.

The overhead has the advantage of not bumping into anything (usually), when surrounded or otherwise. The two main cases where it would be interrupted is if you are fighting in a low ceiling area or something obstructs you from above, the other case is if someone is standing directly behind you and is close enough and your sword is long enough that the swing starts within the person behind making the overhand slash connect during the accelerating phase of the strike.

The left swipe is an immensely useful attack for close quarters due to how little the attack is spent in the acceleration phase. You can pretty much prep the swing, turn right, look down, and release the attack with almost immediate effect. There are even situations where you can slice through destructible doors and gates due to how fast it connects in relation to physics bumping.

Aside from this, the best defence against multiple attackers is just not to get surrounded by them in the first place. Athletics is an immensely useful skill that will help you keep alive, knowing how the AI works also helps so you can move around and keep them in a rough line in front of you.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: November 07, 2014, 07:48:59 am »

I find back peddling plus overhead chops are the easiest when facing a screaming horde. The addition of strikes just after you've parried an enemy means you can hit them while they're still recoiling from the block, though that works best when just using a sword as trying with a shield I tend to shield bash which stops your movement. Tapping the block button just before their attack hits you works best.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: November 07, 2014, 06:10:49 pm »

Shield bash is only available in some mods, and some of them tweak it differently than others.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 310