Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655766 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3555 on: July 12, 2014, 06:32:29 am »

As really good looking those donated models are, i just hope their polycount is optimised for the warband engine, and will not force people to lower the battle size in order to keep smooth framerate.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: July 12, 2014, 08:02:17 am »

Yes, there is that. The mod was being made with pre designed battles in mind, like defending a town from a raiding party. Though a later angle was to add a campaign like normal Warband but... well it never reached that.

There is other mods with high detail. The most taxing I've played was "Anno Domini 1257" and that has larger battle sizes and a huge campaign map that causes large memory usage. The next most detailed I've seen would be "L'aigle", a Napoleonic era mod, but that ones not out yet so I don't know how it plays.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: July 14, 2014, 08:17:48 am »

Hey, who was the person who said Silverstag had Freelancer installed in it? Because I saw no options to join armies. Maybe I'm using a earlier version, might have to check that...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: July 14, 2014, 10:03:23 am »

I recall a relationship requirment to join an army. Can't remember if it's faction relations or personal relations, but I think it's personal. And I don't like that. By the time someone likes you enough to let you join their army you are already capable of controlling a small army of your own and have leveled up a bit. It seems pointless to do the freelancer thing unless you start off with relations or are planning to desert and make off with elite armor, but I'm wary of upsetting a literal army of people.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: July 14, 2014, 04:24:45 pm »

For fantasy, you have Warsword Conquest, it's themed on Warhammer, full of dwarves, goblins, skavens, trolls, orgres, elves, chaos, tomb kings and humans and probably more i'm forgetting.
You don't need to know anything about Warhammer fortunately, and it's rather well done.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145937.0.html

The next update of it should be fantastic too, as i have noticed some screenshots about reworked towns:

http://gauntletmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/karaz-exterior-2.jpg
http://gauntletmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Middenheim-WIP3.jpg

I guess there is no ETA for this update, I have not seen any posts from Del in some time.  Pitty, I really wanted to see those updated towns.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: July 14, 2014, 04:50:53 pm »

I wouldn't call warsword anywhere close to being completed. The more you play it the more its bugs and imbalances become obvious.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: July 14, 2014, 05:03:05 pm »

Yeah.  I'm just sad because it looks like some of those cities are clearly completed, but the update that contains them is not released yet.

Also, I cant find an accurate and current troop tree anywhere.  I cant figure out where Daemons come from or how to get them, aside from capturing them.

I guess its no big deal, since the last Daemon I captured got killed when it was mobbed by 3 gobbers.  I've seen much better performance from other high end units, that the Daemons are hardly worth it.

Another small gripe, is that there does not seem to be a way to purchase the canons that Ogres and Engineers are outfitted with.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: July 18, 2014, 05:05:15 am »

Been playing the Phantasy mod as a lord under the dwarves.... We haven't gone to war in FOREEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRR.

It feels like every other faction has gone to war with every other faction. Hundreds of days have passes. I even did a couple of missions to incite wars between us and others but nothing! Is this a bug? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I need to capture land!

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: July 18, 2014, 11:40:05 pm »

I've been playing as a rogue Lich, and sovereign ruler of Yalen and the surrounding castles. I started with a RoR of 0. It's been 200 days and I'm still at war with 7 nations. I truly envy your peace. Between the hordes of Corsairs that believe my 200 man army is fair game (for some reason lichdom makes the bandits suicidaly aggressive), and the random lords who try to raid my villages I'm fighting 3 battles a day. I have over 7 thousand skeletons garrisoning Yalen and the surrounding castles. All I want is peace so my poor villagers can recover from the constant raiding. Think of the townskeletons. They have feelings too. D:

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: July 18, 2014, 11:44:05 pm »

Peace through war, Jio. Peace through Power war.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: July 20, 2014, 01:59:58 am »

I've been playing as a rogue Lich, and sovereign ruler of Yalen and the surrounding castles. I started with a RoR of 0. It's been 200 days and I'm still at war with 7 nations. I truly envy your peace. Between the hordes of Corsairs that believe my 200 man army is fair game (for some reason lichdom makes the bandits suicidaly aggressive), and the random lords who try to raid my villages I'm fighting 3 battles a day. I have over 7 thousand skeletons garrisoning Yalen and the surrounding castles. All I want is peace so my poor villagers can recover from the constant raiding. Think of the townskeletons. They have feelings too. D:

Just kill everyone, duh. It slows down when half of the game's lords are in the dungeon or on your side.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: July 20, 2014, 04:35:29 am »

Yeah.  I'm just sad because it looks like some of those cities are clearly completed, but the update that contains them is not released yet.

Also, I cant find an accurate and current troop tree anywhere.  I cant figure out where Daemons come from or how to get them, aside from capturing them.

I guess its no big deal, since the last Daemon I captured got killed when it was mobbed by 3 gobbers.  I've seen much better performance from other high end units, that the Daemons are hardly worth it.

Another small gripe, is that there does not seem to be a way to purchase the canons that Ogres and Engineers are outfitted with.

Regarding creatures like Ogres, Daemons and Rat Ogres; I believe they can only be hired, not trained through peasants or whatever the faction has.

Ogre Leadbelcher cannons can be bought by an NPC that moves around taverns. I forget his name but he's an apprentice mage or something. I think you need tokens gained from winning tournaments to buy the items he sells though, but the items he sells are meant to be magical.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: July 20, 2014, 05:02:42 pm »

Ogre Leadbelcher cannons can be bought by an NPC that moves around taverns. I forget his name but he's an apprentice mage or something. I think you need tokens gained from winning tournaments to buy the items he sells though, but the items he sells are meant to be magical.

I met an armor salesmen version of this guy, he needed you to either have torunament tokens or be of sufficiently high level (or fame?) to buy his stuff.  And then it cost a fortune on top of that.  He was selling things like Dwarf Rune Armor and other magical racial armors.

Have not met a weapon dealer, though.

I've seen Ogre Lead Bealchers other Ogre mercs in taverns, but never daemons or Rat Ogres.  Maybe you recruit them as veteran troops from castles, after you are in that faction?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: July 20, 2014, 11:21:44 pm »

I've seen Ogre Lead Bealchers other Ogre mercs in taverns, but never daemons or Rat Ogres.  Maybe you recruit them as veteran troops from castles, after you are in that faction?

Hm, maybe. I haven't actually gotten to the stage of owning a castle in Warsword so I can't say for sure. I do know you can't train peasant units up to daemons and rat-ogres. The Rat Ogres may be represented by a Master Moulder in the taverns, but those could be just rat riders.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: July 20, 2014, 11:26:59 pm »

You dont have to own a castle, just have high enough faction relation. 

I was a mercenary working for the dwarfs, not even landed and not having sworn allegiance.  When I went to a friendly castle, it gave the option of "recruiting experienced units" or something like this.  I don't remember what they were, but they were at the top of their upgrade tree whichever units they happened to be.

I guess I could start a chaos character and see what happens if I grind some reputation there.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 310