Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655838 times)

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3540 on: July 10, 2014, 10:28:31 pm »

Can someone give me a rundown on what the best single player mods are these days? been awhile since I played. I used to love pendor, looks like it is never being updated again though.
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: July 10, 2014, 10:31:05 pm »

Depends on your taste, since it can range from fantasy to 1800s. I generally go for the most "native" feel with Diplomacy though, but you seem to want a full game overhaul.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: July 10, 2014, 10:35:42 pm »

Right now I like Gekokujo (Sengoku Jidai Japan), Brytenwalda (classic post-arthurian British Isles mod), and Silverstag (Native+=2).

These are the only mods I've found that don't have shoddy quality in terms of gameplay or game resources.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: July 10, 2014, 11:11:51 pm »

Villages and caravans are tied directly to the wealth of the city. If your villages are being looted or villagers/caravans not arriving to their destinations the city's wealth will rapidly decline. Don't let the city be sieged either since that will rapidly drop productivity.

To increase wealth protect those assets and do quests for both the cities are villages to get their economies into gear. Buildings also help (especially the mill) as does buying resources from the villages.

But why did the city, after one siege, and while maintaining one of the highest values of towns for one month after the siege, suddenly drop to the worst possible status? Even the number of bandits in the area changed. I am literally getting only about 800 gold a week from it, and I don't even see an option in the guildmaster's chat to help him with anything.

Also, on a side note. I really wish people who modded in bigger maps would add more tavern NPCs like ransom brokers. Twice as many cities makes the already elusive ransom broker incredibly hard to find, especially when you need him at your city where all your captured enemies are before half of them escape.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: July 10, 2014, 11:34:24 pm »

Looting or a successful siege drops a property down to absolute min value IME.  Castles don't even give you income the month you capture them.

The Guildmaster's quests will improve the city's prosperity.  As a general rule, if everything goes well for the city (no sieges, all villagers arrive, all caravans arrive) prosperity will slowly rise without your input.  The best thing you can do is guard the city and its immediate area.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: July 10, 2014, 11:40:12 pm »

Yeah, like I said in the first place. :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: July 10, 2014, 11:41:51 pm »

Ask a silly the same question twice, get a silly the same answer twice.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: July 11, 2014, 02:48:15 am »

Sorry but I've captures MANY towns before, and I notice a drop in value, but never to this degree. Hard for me to believe when all my experience says otherwise. I completely reject the idea that a town's value drops to the minimum because of a successful siege unless you have some sort of side note as to why all the towns I've captured have not dropped to rock bottom.

And yes, I do know about the guildmaster, but I did not re-ask about him, I was commenting on the option to ask him if he needs help is missing  ::)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: July 11, 2014, 03:23:16 am »

Can someone give me a rundown on what the best single player mods are these days? been awhile since I played. I used to love pendor, looks like it is never being updated again though.
Gekokujo is a pretty neat Japan Warring States-era mod.  Oda Nobunaga, Masamune Date, all those dudes, plus the rebellious non-samurai warrior monks.  There's also a few references to foreign-types sorta-including the Ainu from Hokkaido.  Lotsa foreign companions, for one - Koreans, a couple Westerners, stuff like that.  Guns, of the matchlock variety.

The previous version and current version have different music, both of which are pretty good, and the newer version consolidated gunners and bowmen into just 'skirmishers' or so, with each faction presumably having different rate/chances of gunners to bowmen.

Being Japan, there really aren't any shields.

I've mostly been playing Warsword Conquest recently, though.  It's a Warhammer Fantasy mod - has a lot of factions that are pretty kitted out, though the finer points of mod enjoyability like 'balance' and 'bandit populations' and 'actually equipping you so that you don't have to start by AFKing in a Lord's army for 300 days' and shit are a little iffy, I believe.  Still, though - Renaissance-as-fuck Empire troops, with their muskets and halberds and greatswords and stuff, versus nekkid axe-barbarians and their advanced HUGE AS FUCK Chaos Knight upgrades versus teenytiny Skaven and Goblins versus Elves versus Tomb Kings versus hngh.  Fun times.  Also OGRES.  CANNON-ARMED LEADBELLY MERC OGRES.  ANGRY HUGE-CLAWED RAT OGRES.  BIG GREATAXE-WIELDING CHAOS DEMON BLOODTHIRSTERS.

Not found a Bright Wizard yet, sadly.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: July 11, 2014, 08:19:47 am »

Don't forget Light&Darkness, it's the most unique single player mod for Warband as it's storyline and quest based, and on top of that it's very good.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: July 11, 2014, 09:12:22 am »

The current version of "Gekokujo" comes with both the new music and the previous versions music. There are instructions on how to swap them out within the mods folder which would be located within Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\gekokujo\Music.

I'll mention again also that the developer of "Warsword Conquest" has been given the model work that was done on the "Grim Age: Skirmish" mod since it ceased development. I do recommend having a look at the screenshots of that mod since it's some of the best modelling I've seen for Warband, especially the Chaos Warrior models.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: July 11, 2014, 11:43:47 am »

Don't forget Light&Darkness, it's the most unique single player mod for Warband as it's storyline and quest based, and on top of that it's very good.

I'm actually translating another mod with storyline/quest focus to English, although it's (pre-)Napoleonic rather than fantasy.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: July 11, 2014, 03:27:23 pm »

I thought L&D was an old mod, though.  But yeah, if you can deal with Engrish, it's pretty hype.  It has a dash and stamina system thing, for one, so not having a horse doesn't isn't the worst fuckin' thing, for one.

Has Warsword updated with the new modelling and stuff, yet, also?  I downloaded that shit and thought the Empire and Chaos - well, the Knights, at least - looked great, but that was before I ever heard of the donation, and I'm not sure if they're the original work or the donated work.  Hard to tell, cuz' the Tomb Kings are pretty neat lookin', but the lizardmen and beastmen and maybe the Skaven are arguably a little derpy looking, and the Goblin's squig mounts are, uh.  Statuesque.  I-in that they're animated not unlike these dinosaurs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: July 12, 2014, 04:51:47 am »

Huh, I think I have a bug. I asked for a lady's hand in marriage and got permission from her father, her relation dropped from 21 to 20 (because she can't understand that defending a town from 1000 enemies is more important then the 20 seconds she wants to see me for) and it said quest failed (I was in the middle of collecting the money for the marriage). Now that I've gotten money I've tried again but the option isn't there. For either of them. I cannot ask for her hand and I cannot ask her father if I could marry her. Is this suppose to happen, or is it a bug and a way to fix it? I am prepared to edit files.

Nevermind, you just can't ask her about marriage if she is in the normal castle. She needs to be in the "visit a lady" castle.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:59:40 am by Micro102 »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: July 12, 2014, 05:02:37 am »

Has Warsword updated with the new modelling and stuff, yet, also?  I downloaded that shit and thought the Empire and Chaos - well, the Knights, at least - looked great, but that was before I ever heard of the donation, and I'm not sure if they're the original work or the donated work.  Hard to tell, cuz' the Tomb Kings are pretty neat lookin', but the lizardmen and beastmen and maybe the Skaven are arguably a little derpy looking, and the Goblin's squig mounts are, uh.  Statuesque.  I-in that they're animated not unlike these dinosaurs.

Well, there's only Empire and Chaos models in the donated stuff but no, they haven't been included in "Warsword Conquest" yet.
Current Chaos models. and  Grim Age: Skirmish models.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 310