Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655873 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3495 on: July 03, 2014, 12:31:32 pm »

Wow.  Loaded up Warsword and the submod that is supposed to have some fixes.

This is basically unplayable.  Even character generation is borked, each time you back up through the lifepath choices, it reapplies the bonuses and such.  My life path was supposed to start me with a firearm, but I only got a weird suit of armor that changed me to look like a skeleton, and a shield.

I picked a Dwarf starting in Karaz-a-Karak, but it turned out to be owned by the Empire!  and Kieslev was run by Bretonians!  and Lizardmen were in Talabeclad!  and everything was basically a big random mashup.

A bunch of the dialogue trees were broken randomly, some things still referenced Caladria or said "new world" instead of "old world".  I couldn't zoom the world map out...

I didn't expect it to be perfect or anything - I anticipated having to deal with bugs and unfinished content and such... But man, this thing is a huge mess.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: July 03, 2014, 01:17:25 pm »

I didn't encountered that level of breakage with Warsword Conquest, but i only used the mod + the update, i never installed the submod, but in the same time i didn't play any dwarf , only human and played my character with the empire.

I posted some link to amazing new town scenes for the next version a few pages ago, but i noticed some more scenes screenshots for the next version of Warsword Conquest :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145937.msg7178108/topicseen.html#msg7178108

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: July 03, 2014, 01:18:56 pm »

It sounds like the submod might be out of date.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: July 03, 2014, 01:53:32 pm »

Okay, backed out the submod and things look much better.  Races are in their proper places, the starting city is actually run by dwarfs.  Was able to scroll with SHIFT, I guess the numpad +/- thing is a known warband bug that I forgot about.

On the bright side, there are no longer friendly beastmen wandering around dwarf cities.  On the down side, the city is still outdoors and there are now a bunch of dwarf women just walking around on the streets.  Not sure whats up with that.

You can still get repeated reputation bonuses and penalties by backing out and repeating the race selection process, though it does screw with your initial inventory allotment (gives you a pile of clothes for each time you selected the race).

Even when not abusing that, I cant get it to give me the starting firearm that the narrative says I should have when I select the sharpshooter background.

But all in all, it looks much better.  Might be a playable for a while, will have to explore around a bit.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: July 03, 2014, 01:55:15 pm »

Does anyone know where to find a list of the warsword character generation choices, similar to this for vanilla: 

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Character_creation

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: July 03, 2014, 05:54:01 pm »

Anyway, my Lady Lancer is now horribly famous due to her policy of taking on groups of bandits alone, with a jousting lance.
Though I recently caved and recruited some trooper dudes, and before that took on Klethi and Deshavi, but the fame was all earned alone.

Klethi and Deshavi keep spamming me with "you would have a fief now if it weren't for that blasted vagina" messages, and its kinda funny because I've only been playing for a few hours.
I always found it weird how fast one could go from practically nothing to being offered a fief, you would think that kind of thing would require SERIOUS work and dedication instead of just being offered to any mercenary leader who won a few battles.

Hell I often find myself being offered vassal status before the opportunity to just BE A MERCENARY FOR A FACTION WTF.
I don't really see the period between lords going "you're just a delivery boy" and "you are my equal" and it gets on my nerves a bit.
I have to disagree here. Think about it:
Here's some person who basically appeared out of nowhere. Over the next couple months, they and their mercenaries proceed to exterminate all forms of banditry across a couple entire nations. They basically never lose a single battle as they do so, even when vastly outnumbered. Even going so far as to show off by going in and singlehandedly destroying entire bandit groups just because they can.

Compare that to the actual mercenaries whose job it is to hunt down bandits, the manhunters. They're so ineffective that the nations are rife with bandits, half of whom even have manhunters as prisoners. Under such circumstances, a single fief is a small price to pay to keep them in your nation where they will kill your bandits, rather than roving off to the next country to hunt bandits.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: July 03, 2014, 06:15:17 pm »

Overall, I think Mount & Blade definitely represents a meteoric rise to fame and affluence.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: July 03, 2014, 06:21:20 pm »

Under such circumstances, a single fief is a small price to pay to keep them in your nation where they will kill your bandits, rather than roving off to the next country to hunt bandits.

Let's add that the fief is usually piss poor if not outright burning because the first fief you get is ALWAYS the poorest one availble (so the most recently raided and burned).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: July 03, 2014, 08:47:29 pm »

Well, mine was perhaps an extreme example, what with the soloing.

So lets take it to the other extreme, How would it make sense to give a fief to someone who literally did nothing but carried letters from one dude to another (do those quests give renown?) over and over?

Or y'know, something similarly silly.
Because that can very well HAPPEN.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: July 03, 2014, 08:55:26 pm »

Or them giving land to some dude who won a few tournaments. Seriously, all the standard champions like Xerina could all probably own land.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: July 05, 2014, 12:14:21 pm »

Rule of Fun I suppose. Imagine having to play the game for 1k+ in-game days before you get anything "interesting" to happen.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: July 05, 2014, 12:24:56 pm »

To be fair to vanilla in the Three Musketeers the main character does some stuff that sounds like it would belong in M&B. He delivers a few important messages, makes some companions, and participates in a battle. He gets rewarded, while it's a permanent position and not land I'd guess real life French titles were a bit more entrenched than an imaginary borderlands that 5 or 6 nations are invading at once.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:27:11 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #3507 on: July 05, 2014, 02:07:40 pm »

So I've got a question for all of you: should I get this game? It's part of a BundleStars bundle, and we all know I have a hard time resisting those, but I'm trying to limit myself to bundles containing mostly games that I will actually play.

The gameplay seems to be centered around combat. Is there more to the game than hacking at enemies from horseback? Is there a good story, or at least an interesting world to explore? Can I build a house and things like that? Basically, does it offer me anything I don't already get from Skyrim (and Morrowind)?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: July 05, 2014, 02:34:25 pm »

Eh, I would say no. The world is very bland and there is no story whatsoever. The only thing this game has going for it is the fact that the combat is large-ish scale, with dozens of combatants on either side. Unfortunately the AI is absolutely braindead and the combat system itself is very crude and awkward to control. If you want to swing a sword at things, play Dark Souls 2 instead.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: July 05, 2014, 02:38:58 pm »

Not really, no.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 310