Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655968 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3480 on: July 01, 2014, 04:54:34 pm »

Does The Deluge improve the hit-boxes? It's a shame that multiplayer battle doesn't feel like the singleplayer battle.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: July 01, 2014, 06:21:29 pm »

Does The Deluge improve the hit-boxes? It's a shame that multiplayer battle doesn't feel like the singleplayer battle.

Multiplayer is a whole new ballgame in my experience, the amount of skill some people have with chambering is insane.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: July 01, 2014, 06:25:28 pm »

Multiplayer is a whole new ballgame in my experience, the amount of skill some people have with chambering is insane.

Hitboxes are just part of the metagame once you have enough experience. Although, to be honest the hitboxes are quite good. I had bullets and arrows flying right past my face in my latest invasion match.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: July 01, 2014, 07:32:34 pm »

My only probably with the hitboxes is that versus an opponent with a high shield skill you can shoot them in the face and it will still count as hitting their shield.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: July 01, 2014, 07:50:50 pm »

My only probably with the hitboxes is that versus an opponent with a high shield skill you can shoot them in the face and it will still count as hitting their shield.

The deluge is set in the 1600's there isnt much shield action going on. Melee is generally slower and shields are less durable. It's more of a teamwork based game!

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: July 01, 2014, 07:58:06 pm »

The horror!

Actually that sounds pretty cool, is it only multiplayer?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: July 01, 2014, 08:04:19 pm »

The horror!

Actually that sounds pretty cool, is it only multiplayer?

yep!

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: July 01, 2014, 08:11:55 pm »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: July 01, 2014, 09:01:03 pm »

So is anyone aware of the time when Shacktac decided to try a more old fashioned approach to warfare?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: July 01, 2014, 09:46:47 pm »

The Deluge looks really neat.  Downloaded.  Will give it a try sometime soon.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: July 01, 2014, 11:39:18 pm »

The more I play Warsword conquest, the more I find it to be buggy, unbalanced, and unfinished. The type of unfinished that you wouldn't want to release for playing.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: July 01, 2014, 11:53:27 pm »

Yah, I do think there needs to be a few things to make the various factions more in line with their strengths. Skaven should be able to hire more troops at default, same with Orcs and Goblins, possibly along with a higher troop limit.

Though things don't seem to play that nicely together I've noticed. An increase in speed, like on Goblins, means they're able to stun lock enemies sometimes when attacking. You know, change one thing and it has unforseen effects on other aspects.

There is still a number of castles that you can't siege terribly well as one of the shorter races since your units can't bridge the lip of the ramparts from the ladder/siege tower.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: July 02, 2014, 05:50:35 am »

There are known bugs too that does not help the balance :
- orcs can't upgrade to their best troops (even you can't if you join them) due to some script error and so will get destroyed by everyone
- dwarves and their guns reign supreme in the same way swadian knights were steamrolling everything
- pirates faction is really weak
- smaller races can't climb some stairs and will get stuck in some scenes
- the map is gigantic and has lots of huge areas with none roaming them, making the world feels too empty in some areas
- "bandits" inside of a village can be bugged and spawn half a hundred of trolls (that 1 hit kill nearly everything)
- there are serious army pathfinding issue on the world map (a gathering of lords trying to attack a town/castle in the other side of the sea will be unable to understand it can't ride on the sea and will bump into it several time instead of taking the coastal following route)

Hopefully will be fixed/improved with further releases, the mod is good but indeed is not yet finished

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: July 03, 2014, 03:27:17 am »

not really of a fan of some of the more arbitrary things in silver stag, abilities in particular, and not sure about some of the skill changes, not that they were great to begin with but still.

bannerlord uplift us.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #3494 on: July 03, 2014, 08:59:03 am »

The only benefit to focusing on INT is that you don't need companions. That's it. It's an early game advantage, where you need it the least.

Unless you use the Phantasy mod. Then put everything into INT and become a night-unstoppable lich god of death and destruction throwing fireballs and raising armies of high-end undead minions of pain and damnation, in addition to the hundreds of extra low-end undead you'll raise after every battle. Is fun, especially during sieges in the late-game when you'll be defending with a garrison army of hundreds of zombies, alongside a few demons and Balrogs xD The mod is based on DnD and definitely does match the "linear warrior,  quadratic wizards" archetype quite a bit. Though Dwarfs will ruin your day, having naturally silly high magic resistance and fielding a fair amount of clerics who'll insta-kill whole mobs of your undead.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:01:49 am by MorleyDev »
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 310