Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655950 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3405 on: June 18, 2014, 11:38:32 am »

Well I downloaded the new version too, and the only one of those problems I had was the annoying time speed one. Although I have gotten the staff charge not animating one, but it still works mechanics wise.

Other things to note: Fireball requires 5 magic power to copy to spellbook, and can't be used while mounted. Spent a LOOONG time wondering why I couldn't use it :P

As for the tourneys, pretty much so long as you know how to do those, it doesn't matter how crap your stats are. Once you figure out how to counter the different loadouts with what you're given you get in a lock to win.

Also, I think bards might be kinda OP, seeing as they can just camp out in a city and earn theoretically limitless moneys.

Oh, and yes they are updating and optimizing, last version I played necromancy wasn't automatic, it cost RENOWN to use of all things, and all spells were just fancy throwing weapons, not a full on system.

Regarding the time speed thing, there is a module.ini file in the mod's folder that allows you to set it to a different value in order to slow things back down to .25 rather than .5 speed. I believe it is something along the lines of the Time Multiplier line, though I don't have access to my computer to confirm. This will slow everything down on the world map, though I believe he sped it up after expanding the map by about twice as much as vanilla M&B.

This explains it perfectly, thank you. Now here's hoping I can just text edit this instead of playing around with that crazy M&B editor *shivers*

Oh, I found another bug I forgot about. Half the time when talking to the Ransom Broker it skips the part where you sell him prisoners. Can just talk to him again and it will eventually work, but hella annoying.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: June 18, 2014, 12:18:25 pm »

This explains it perfectly, thank you. Now here's hoping I can just text edit this instead of playing around with that crazy M&B editor *shivers*

Oh, I found another bug I forgot about. Half the time when talking to the Ransom Broker it skips the part where you sell him prisoners. Can just talk to him again and it will eventually work, but hella annoying.

Yeah, you can use Notepad or your plaintext editor of choice to modify that value to suit you.

I found that the ransom broker bug can be avoided sometimes by clicking quickly through the "I have prisoners to sell" dialogue.  Other mods seem to be affected by this issue as well, depending on any modifications to the ransom code.

Bards can be an infinite money pool, but the success is partially random; even with maxed out Entertainment score, your chances of getting a positive outcome do not raise appreciably, only the range of rewards. I've found that lynch mobs are a great way to raise more undead troops through Necromancy, as a few hundred level 1 peasants make for easy fodder.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: June 18, 2014, 12:38:32 pm »

I wonder what's the code for that - it should be fairly easy to calculate average profit per week per level, and thus figure out how big (expense-wise) an army you can support at each level.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: June 18, 2014, 01:55:52 pm »

I wonder what's the code for that - it should be fairly easy to calculate average profit per week per level, and thus figure out how big (expense-wise) an army you can support at each level.

Problem with this is that eventually you would just be playin your banjo all the time and not engaging in that wonderful orgy of mass-murder that is the typical experience.

Better to use it when you're just starting the game, I got to level four or five with full heavy armor before even recruiting anybody (I totally should have taken those groupies, instead of their money, but was afraid of the upkeep cost eating my profits, which was stupid.)

Actually, now that I think about it, you could use your bard monies to buy enterprises and never worry about upkeep costs again.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:13:39 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: June 18, 2014, 02:30:46 pm »

Its really not OP, same way trade and enterprises aren't OP. Everyone on the map is getting stronger as time goes by and if you're not killing shit you're screwing yourself. Sure you could become rich in 200 days of not doing anything but you're not really better off than if you actually played the game.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: June 25, 2014, 12:22:25 pm »

Bit of news on the modding front. The Warhammer Fantasy themed mod "Grim Age: Skirmish" has ceased development by it's primary, and pretty much sole, developer Furok. Rather sad since Furok's modelling and texturing work on armour and character models were really nice looking.

However, to go with that is some good news. Furok has passed the work he did do for "Grim Age: Skirmish" onto the developer of the other big Warhammer Fantasy mod, "Warsword Conquest" to use and include in that mod as the developer sees fit. Something I look forward to seeing since, while the work on "Warsword Conquest" is very impressive for its quantity, the quality is a tad lacking especially on comparing the Chaos units from Grim Age to Warsword.

Link to "Grim Age: Skirmish" page on ModDB so people can see the model work.

Link to "Warsword Conquest" mod on ModDB. It is available to download and does have plans to add the few remaining factions like Wood Elves and Vampire Counts.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: June 25, 2014, 01:30:19 pm »

Unfortunately it is not surprising to see the demise of Grim Age, it's always very hard to keep motivation in working on a mod for several years when you're alone at doing the actual work.

And really great gesture from Furok to have passed his work to the Warhammer Conquest mod, his modelling and texturing job has been of professional level of quality, something you don't see that often in modding.

Warhammer Conquest is already an amazing mod right now (been playing that latest version since a month), if they can implement Furok's work without compromising performance in large scale battles, it could end into greatness.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: June 25, 2014, 09:14:09 pm »

Jesus FUCK.

I don't even Warhammer and I want dat.

Anyway, I was disappointed that Silverstag is mo' like Sexismstag.

They removed the female upgrade trees, so no ride of the Valkyries for me :(
Which is more realistic, sure, but I WANT ALL GIRL ARMY. CRUSH THE KINGS WITH MIGHTY VAGINAL FLEXING!

Indeed, I do this.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3413 on: June 25, 2014, 11:35:01 pm »

If the pc is allowed to play female, why would they remove it for recruits? That's bollocks.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: June 26, 2014, 03:41:47 am »

Kinda belated, but regarding on the topic of army makeup, I usually go almost entirely foot soldier.  My cav are rarely ever in big enough numbers to be useful - obviously my fault for going for footsoldiers, but even then, I find the ease of keeping my footmen bunched up tight a lot nicer than having a horde of horses herping around the battlefield, all scattered and stuff.  Stand closer, ball up, put the archers somewhere higher, move the infantry up, and slug it out.  Plus, the troops are cheaper (good, as I am bad and often find myself having problems paying for 'em; my attention span is terrible, and often runs out before becoming really established).

It also may or may not be because I love archer armies.  Strolling through a battlefield and seeing it completely full of arrows is a really good time.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: June 26, 2014, 04:34:14 am »

Playing Gekokujo atm and I have gunner after glorious gunner, with a few cavalry to mop up survivors and a small contingent of hodgepodge infantry in case I need them.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: June 26, 2014, 07:25:33 am »

I find it sorta odd that Silverstag lets you commission flintlock pistols and cartridges, seeing as those things technically shouldn't exist in the setting. I mean I understand opening the cheat menu and grabbing em like in Native but getting them legitimately is sorta weird. Or at least it should also allow you to get it for non-heroes as well, and make it a feature, instead of just having it halfway between intended and cheaty.

Anyway, my Lady Lancer is now horribly famous due to her policy of taking on groups of bandits alone, with a jousting lance.
Though I recently caved and recruited some trooper dudes, and before that took on Klethi and Deshavi, but the fame was all earned alone.

Klethi and Deshavi keep spamming me with "you would have a fief now if it weren't for that blasted vagina" messages, and its kinda funny because I've only been playing for a few hours.
I always found it weird how fast one could go from practically nothing to being offered a fief, you would think that kind of thing would require SERIOUS work and dedication instead of just being offered to any mercenary leader who won a few battles.

Hell I often find myself being offered vassal status before the opportunity to just BE A MERCENARY FOR A FACTION WTF.
I don't really see the period between lords going "you're just a delivery boy" and "you are my equal" and it gets on my nerves a bit.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:27:23 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: June 26, 2014, 09:32:35 am »

Playing Gekokujo atm and I have gunner after glorious gunner, with a few cavalry to mop up survivors and a small contingent of hodgepodge infantry in case I need them.

I'm finding more fun as a merc in one of the many lord's armies.

Rather fun realizing you're basically seeing what all your troops see when you run off on horseback :3

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: June 26, 2014, 10:40:16 am »

I've found the Gekokujo mod really conductive to being a lightning fast powerhouse. Holding off 4 invading armies with your bodyguards at the top of the stairs, ashigaru falling with each swing and emerging victorious is really awesome.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: June 26, 2014, 04:01:37 pm »

Kinda belated, but regarding on the topic of army makeup, I usually go almost entirely foot soldier.  My cav are rarely ever in big enough numbers to be useful - obviously my fault for going for footsoldiers, but even then, I find the ease of keeping my footmen bunched up tight a lot nicer than having a horde of horses herping around the battlefield, all scattered and stuff.  Stand closer, ball up, put the archers somewhere higher, move the infantry up, and slug it out.  Plus, the troops are cheaper (good, as I am bad and often find myself having problems paying for 'em; my attention span is terrible, and often runs out before becoming really established).

It also may or may not be because I love archer armies.  Strolling through a battlefield and seeing it completely full of arrows is a really good time.
I tend to have my infantry near my archers, towards the enemy (Just realized that's probably dumb :P Should have them further out so my archers don't get the bright idea to take out their melee weapons, and don't aggro the enemy currently poking my infantry full of holes) and have my cavalry follow me around as I pick off and distract the enemy, letting my archers more time to shoot the Blobs.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 310