Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655888 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3345 on: May 18, 2014, 06:35:17 pm »

Since Rigale has revived, I've started a new LP here.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: May 19, 2014, 10:15:43 pm »

I like polearms/spears =D

when it comes to pikes I am the sultan of swoosh.

I like glaives a lot. Good at poking, overhand chops, and sweeping the legs out of horses.

Against light cavalry I liked jumping as they pass me and spinning with a horizontal slash of the glaive. Then you can steal their horse!
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: May 20, 2014, 12:56:13 am »

I've settled on Perisno as my mod of choice for a while.  Has a bit of that fantasy flavor, without being overly grindy and epic like Pendor.  Has some difficulty, without making you feel like you have to scrape about for months before you can begin to establish yourself.  The world map isn't annoying to navigate or too spread out.  Huge variety of items.  Seems pretty nice so far.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: May 20, 2014, 01:02:42 am »

I've settled on Perisno as my mod of choice for a while.  Has a bit of that fantasy flavor, without being overly grindy and epic like Pendor.  Has some difficulty, without making you feel like you have to scrape about for months before you can begin to establish yourself.  The world map isn't annoying to navigate or too spread out.  Huge variety of items.  Seems pretty nice so far.

I would play Pendor, but it irritates me to no end that you are forced to be a good guy. And of course never do I feel more like doing something than when I'm not supposed to.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: May 20, 2014, 01:10:10 am »

Ah yes, but it's probably not as bad as with the China Civil War mod when you try to join the Japanese faction.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: May 20, 2014, 01:52:46 am »

Ah yes, but it's probably not as bad as with the China Civil War mod when you try to join the Japanese faction.

Huh? What happens there?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: May 20, 2014, 02:02:25 am »

Huh? What happens there?
IIRC you straight up got a game over screen. You couldn't go back, you basically just worked for hours to be able to join the Japanese and then got slapped in the face by the developer for considering it.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: May 22, 2014, 10:56:51 am »

I have a lot of more fun with that recent version of Warsword Conquest than i thought i would.

After accepting to join as a mercenary band the Empire of Sigmar that were at war with the Orc, the marshal named Priest Luthor Huss summoned me to join his war army and we went to assault an Orc fort on a mountain at the boundaries of the empire.

I decided to make the infantry+dismounted cavalry charge the fort while i took all the archer classes (archers and handgunners) to follow me to another stair that was much less guarded .

It worked well as we got rid quickly of the few ranged orcs that were there, while the big melee was happening on the main stair.
i could then move all my ranged troops on that part of the wall and they began to shoot and gun down many orcs to support our shock troops .

Until i started to see some orcs in heavy black armor and huge swords, they were tearing everyone apart, and with their shield it was really hard to hit them with our ranged weapon.
At some point one of those dark armored orcs managed to reach my part of the wall and destroyed alone at least 10 of my handgunners (my ranged troops were falling little by little to the orcs more numerous archers) !

I dropped my pistol and took my pirate pirate sword (looted from some bandit party) and ran to try to stop that orc , and wow, he annihilated me, that sword destroyed my shield on the first hit, and struck me through my block a couple of times after that, taking me out on the process.

Wow, those elite troops are violent :D

As reinforcement wasn't coming anymore despite the remaining orcs were now few (and i knew there was more of our troops waiting), i decided to TAB out to fight on a 2nd siege day.

2nd siege days went without much problem, as that time we were in overwhelming numbers, and even those heavy black armored orcs and their giant swords couldn't save them.

That mod is lots of fun.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:59:07 am by Robsoie »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: May 30, 2014, 12:02:39 am »

I discovered the Silverstag mod today.  Very ambitious project.  Making a lot of deep changes to the game.  Usually mods that attempt this feel very roughly crafted, but this one feels quite polished at first glance, despite being in its early stages.  Will be watching it with great interest.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: May 30, 2014, 05:16:43 am »

I'm really liking Phantasy Calradia so far. Sort of early in the mod's life, but very playable. Recently expanded the map by a large amount, so the native factions aren't quite as squished in with the newly added factions for Mages, Dwarves, Drow, Elves, Undead, Orcs, and religious nutjobs.

You're not limited to just swinging a sword or flinging pointy sticks, as you can end up (or start out as) a mage, gaining a variety of spells from a basic magic missile, to a large area of effect fireball, or even the Chaos spell which causes those who don't resist the effects to randomly change sides for a short while. Fun at parties!

Or go the path of the self-righteous, and heal yourself and your allies, while burning away the undead and non-believers with a big stick and heavy armor.

Haven't tried cleric, as I like the necromancy skill too much (producing masses of cannon fodder level troops from a percentage of what you kill in a battle), and it would feel weird to me to have it, though in the few fights I've been against the Burning Hands, a few well placed healing effects will devastate my undead horde.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: May 30, 2014, 06:38:07 am »

I discovered the Silverstag mod today.  Very ambitious project.  Making a lot of deep changes to the game.  Usually mods that attempt this feel very roughly crafted, but this one feels quite polished at first glance, despite being in its early stages.  Will be watching it with great interest.
Was that the one with the "Giant Eagle" mount?

No wait, I think I'm thinking about something called "Bluestone". Or something similar to that.
Anyway that one was utter craptacular.

I think I found Silverstag crappy too, but I tried it even earlier then you presumably did, so that may explain it.
I do remember it had a diplomacy style "culture" system with different options then the actual diplomacy mod.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: May 30, 2014, 08:01:46 am »

I feel like I should recommend my latest favorite, the Red Wars, Calradia 1923 mod. Which, as the name does not indicate at all actually, is actually Calradia meets WWII with elements from Russian Revolution in a slightly caricatural style to it. Kinda.

So yeah, basically the factions are reimagined to fit the WWII stylings, with Nazi Swadians, Winter War-era Finland Nords, communist Vaegirs and Khergits and so on, with a CSA-won-the-civil-war USA faction in the works, (some, right now) cities redone, icons changed etcetera.

It's really rough around the edges sometimes, as it's still WIP heavily, and only lately the team managed to get some modelers and texturers (there is a disturbing model error with all female faces, making them have HL2 Stalkers faces, although it's very easy to fix by getting a nicer face tex replacer), but is surprisingly fun to play, if you can ignore the odd issue.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: June 11, 2014, 09:08:30 pm »

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:05:02 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

murphyslaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: June 11, 2014, 09:30:40 pm »

Do you guys give mod recommendations? I haven't played since Floris was in it's prime. I've no familiarity with the current mod scene, and a lot of the mod sub-forums are painfully vague or without a good introduction to what each mod is.

For recommendation reference, I really did enjoy Floris the most back when. As I understand though it's long since abandoned and outdated. Massive feature and content expansion for generic fantasy setting is all I'm after really.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3359 on: June 11, 2014, 09:52:21 pm »

Gekokujo 3.0 released
Oh hey so it is, nifty. And the forum is back up, (something about a cyber-attack?).

Do you guys give mod recommendations? I haven't played since Floris was in it's prime. I've no familiarity with the current mod scene, and a lot of the mod sub-forums are painfully vague or without a good introduction to what each mod is.

For recommendation reference, I really did enjoy Floris the most back when. As I understand though it's long since abandoned and outdated. Massive feature and content expansion for generic fantasy setting is all I'm after really.
There're two generic fantasy mods I've played: Perisno & Prophesy of Pendor. Of those, all I'd say is that Prophesy is more 'extreme'.

However, the two mods I've stuck with the longest are Brytenwalda, (medieval England with a byt of mythology, is in it's 'Final version'), and Gekokujo, (sengoku-era japan, still in active development), which I'm about to go pick up again, (though the wise player would wait for a few more bug fixes).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:59:19 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 310