Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656010 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3300 on: February 23, 2014, 11:40:47 am »

Half of them are knight orders, and hating you and only you so they'll move to your party despite you're in the middle of a siege camp does not really fit in with those knight order goals and description, even those supposed to hate everyone (order of dawn by example) will only hate you.
The same as it does not make sense that no nearby enough lords, even the ones with max relationship with you will join the battle to your side.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: February 23, 2014, 12:00:28 pm »

I would think that a mercenary company would not try to slaughter you while you are in the middle of a siege camp with thousands of allies?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: February 23, 2014, 12:12:41 pm »

I think the case may be while you're among allies, your allies are allies with the mercenaries so they ignore each other and let you get attacked alone.

I believe you're relationship with the factions lords also affects whether they'll support you in combat if they're nearby.

I don't really like this kind of difficulty. A similar type is in "Rage of Dark Gods" (A Warhammer Fantasy mod for Medieval 2: Total War). They're solution to the rather easy AI was to make full stack armies appear right outside your cities randomly and siege as soon as they spawn. Leads to redoing sieges over and over again which gets quite tedious.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: March 03, 2014, 11:46:03 am »

Here is my fantasy gameplay submod for 1257 Anno Domini (required for the mod)...mostly balance/challenge submod. If you hate fantasy or unrealistic things, than feel free to skip this. Many of the things I changed are the opposite of realism and history...lots of fantasy. Now that I gave you the warning...

Link to mod forum :

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,167.0.html

Submod download (needs Nexus account)-

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5857/?

This is what is changed/added/balanced. Keep in mind most of it is themed (name change), as without the python files I am limited to what I can change. I can not change that much, except names/stats/colors. So, any name changing is purely cosmetic and imagination required ;) Except for meg...

The main focus of this submod is to add challenge and strategy, in an otherwise very easy game. My friend (Josh) and I won 99% of the battles, and each huge war felt always the same. This goes in and corrects that. While you can play that way, many of the "new" lords are incredibly strong (impossible 1 on 1, and relies on other lords on your side) and will take a lot of strategy to beat. Following the main army may not always be the best idea...and yes, I purposely made many lords godlike. This makes it (from my playtest and Josh) more strategic in wars. More reliance on other lords to help, and makes it impossible for you to go around pwning everything 1 on 1 and lolling at everything and everyone. Also, since some factions have such powerful lords, the wars are vastly bigger and to win a war takes a lot of strategy and skill.

The next major focus is item balance. Many horses changed (with a few easter egg horses), made crossbows not shit (before I used them as firewood), slight change to bows and huge change to javelins.

And as obvious, this is purely a fantasy mod with a focus on balance/challenge and quite a bit of fantasy thrown in. It is a fantasy submod ;)

- Factions -

Kingdom of Cilicia - The Crusader States replacer. Many anatolian troops (in vanilla 1257, you can't even find these) with a focus on infantry and cavalry. Very strong lord (Ganghis Khan) in this faction. Tons of work went into this faction, and a lot of research and reading (actual books at a library too! But yes, not 100% historical)

Dutchy of Normandy - The Papal Pedo Replacer. Average lords (by that, I mean compared to the new lords I put in) and pretty good troops. In this, William the Conqueror in an alternate timeline took over the boy Pope and declared himself the new Pope.

Galactic Empire - The Kingdom of Navarrae replacer. Where the majority of the fantasy factions started. They have some of the most variety of troops of the new factions (andalus, varangian, anatolian). On top of that, they start in an alliance with (Peteopia, Shadows of the Stars, Castille and Aragon) in an alliance vs alliance war with all other factions. GE starts out hated by almost all. Also, they have the following lords: Darth Vader (godlike), Chuck Norris (super strong), Abraham Lincon (weak, but lots of charisma) and Death (one of three of the "boss" lords of the game, meant for an "endgame" challenge.)

Holders of the Rings - Novgorod replacer - The Lord of the Rings based faction. About same troops as GE, but more cavalry and a bit more unique of units. Sauron is the second of the three boss lords of the game.

Peteopia - Gaelic Empire replacer - Family guy themed faction, none real except meg! Meg is a male lord and closely resembles Meg from family guy! This is actually probably my most unique faction I changed. Peteopia main troops are bandits and farmers and a tiny bit of gaelic units. But this is a bandit and farmer faction! Lots of bandit units. Probably the hardest faction to play, as no one is actually strong in this faction and the troops are weak.

Shadows of the Stars - Scotland replacer - Starcraft themed faction, with a couple godlike lords and Xel'Naga (I know that is a "species" name, but ah well) being the third boss lord of the game and the strongest overhaul boss of the game. This faction gets a bit of variety of troops, but more Andalus troop focused.

- Item changes -

Horses: Changed charged on many of them (not all, so some aren't as good as others)...now you don't hit a peasant and die. You can ride your horse through lines of infantry and archers! Far more realistic in my opinion, and way more fun than hitting a peasant and stopping in your tracks. Four super rare (should be) horses to find (easter egg kind of thing)

Crossbow+bolts: Upped speed, damage, reload speed, more ammo for bolts, reload on horseback ...vastly better at defense sieges, average in open, horrible at offense sieges...much more use. Not entirely realistic, but more fun and not firewood junk

Bows+arrows: Only slight changes here, tweaked damage slightly and upped arrow ammo...average at offense sieges, not nearly as good at defense sieges as crossbows, much better in open than crossbows

Javelins: (very) slight change to damage, greatly lower throw speed and the javelins fly much slower in the air, much higher ammo counts (4 was lame). This is actually out of the four, the best change. Javelins still hurt like hell if they hit you, but they are VERY hard to use (require actual player skill). Out of the four, javelins are actually 100% like they would be in real life.

And some slight changes to roman armor and other roman things...anything else you gotta find for yourself. :)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: March 21, 2014, 02:46:46 pm »

Here is my fantasy gameplay submod for 1257 Anno Domini (required for the mod)...mostly balance/challenge submod. If you hate fantasy or unrealistic things, than feel free to skip this. Many of the things I changed are the opposite of realism and history...lots of fantasy. Now that I gave you the warning...

Link to mod forum :

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,167.0.html

Submod download (needs Nexus account)-

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5857/?
Huh, I have glossed over this mod every time I check for new mods to play with.
Mostly cause I always see this:
   1257 AD [S Moderators: DrTomas, kuauik, othr

Latest release: for Warband 1.143
Non-SVN release available for 1.131-1.134.
Then I look in the forum and the download thread, says it is up to date to 1.158...  I'll have to give this a try.

I originally came here to make a post about Sword of Damocles: Warlords.   Pretty much 3 years old since the last update, but it looks like it works in 1.158, so far.  Nothing weird or game-breaking.  I guess it is in testing mode and 'get to kingdom phase' has been accelerated.

I'm also posting this here to add it to my list of convenient mods, where you either don't have to run around and look for the Village Elder/Guild Master or just only have to find them once.
Prophecy of Pendor, Floris Mod and now Sword of Damocles. 
(I'm a lazy git when it comes to this, I tried Romae Bellum and noticed it didn't have this convenience feature... so I stopped playing it.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 03:15:37 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: April 13, 2014, 06:21:25 am »

I don't know if anyone still remembers Rigale - it's that one mod that adds more RPG elements and world interaction and crafting and what-have-you. There used to be a LP of it a couple of years ago.

Well, its creator decided to randomly show back up one day and continue working on the mod, and released a new version today, adding most notably pseudo-Civilizationy Custom Settlements feature. Basically, you have your own little village built wherever you want (or several) to develop and techs to research, giving you more income, better troops or, well, stuff.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: April 14, 2014, 07:27:55 am »

Go Nord in Floris, or anything in Brytenwalda, listen to this while you play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxBKgOyMzSc
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: May 15, 2014, 10:02:38 am »

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: May 15, 2014, 11:55:55 am »

Looks neat. Mount and Blade did need a bit of work in the area of more life. No voice acting it seems but I wonder if it'll be useful to gauge a lords receptiveness to situations like betrayal before you broach them.

By the by, I've found a neat mod for Warband, actually while I've been playing the "Warsword: Conquest" mod. It's one called "Pre-battle Orders and Deployment" (Or Pbod) which allows you to set up units with instructions like "Hold" before the battle even begins. It also adds a number of formations like "Ranks", "Square", and "Wedge".

I've found it useful in the Warsword mod because I've been working on building an army like one of my Warhammer ones. Units of 20 and so on. Using the mod I can have 40 clanrats into 2 groups of 20 each as it also has a split function, allowing a stack of troops to be split by a percentage into two different groupings.

It helps alleviate the feeling I get of combat in Warband being little more than a mob rush of the enemy. There's also options to apply formations to the A.I. as well as the usage of skirmishing, spear bracing and volley firing crossbows.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: May 15, 2014, 12:29:28 pm »

Did it explicitly say there is to be no voice-acting?

Because I didn't read that.

And before that post (I've read it before) I didn't know they were going to do facial expressions.

So they might still do voiced NPCs.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: May 15, 2014, 12:32:34 pm »

Looks neat. Mount and Blade did need a bit of work in the area of more life. No voice acting it seems but I wonder if it'll be useful to gauge a lords receptiveness to situations like betrayal before you broach them.

By the by, I've found a neat mod for Warband, actually while I've been playing the "Warsword: Conquest" mod. It's one called "Pre-battle Orders and Deployment" (Or Pbod) which allows you to set up units with instructions like "Hold" before the battle even begins. It also adds a number of formations like "Ranks", "Square", and "Wedge".

I've found it useful in the Warsword mod because I've been working on building an army like one of my Warhammer ones. Units of 20 and so on. Using the mod I can have 40 clanrats into 2 groups of 20 each as it also has a split function, allowing a stack of troops to be split by a percentage into two different groupings.

It helps alleviate the feeling I get of combat in Warband being little more than a mob rush of the enemy. There's also options to apply formations to the A.I. as well as the usage of skirmishing, spear bracing and volley firing crossbows.

Floris includes PBOD as well. Its basically a compilation of all the best mods in one place.
Go download Floris.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: May 15, 2014, 01:05:56 pm »

@Descan: You are correct. It was conjecture on my part seeing as in the screenshots the mouth aren't open and the line "The results in game are already fairly astounding, bringing characters to life as they squirm and grin accordingly during conversations." put me in mind of changing expressions rather than full voice acting. It would be neat if there's voice acting though, as long as there's enough variation so it's not like Oblivion.

@BFEL: I will have to look into it. I think a number of mods tend to include similar compilations, as Warsword also includes sub-mods like Freelancer and expanded diplomacy.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: May 15, 2014, 02:43:33 pm »

I'm honestly fine with the text based interaction currently, and if they do implement voice acting I hope they add captions. I play most game without any volume, so I appreciate text based interaction.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: May 15, 2014, 02:45:20 pm »

I'm honestly fine with the text based interaction currently, and if they do implement voice acting I hope they add captions. I play most game without any volume, so I appreciate text based interaction.

Honestly, I like the captions-only method, because it allows more moddability, which is M&Bs main draw.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: May 15, 2014, 05:00:11 pm »

You can have both captions and voice acting, and have it be modable just the same. But, with the possibility of voice acting comes the possibility of awesome Men of War quality work.

ARMOR LIKE DAT WELL TAKE UZ ALL DEH WAY TO BERLIN
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 310