Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656222 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3135 on: December 30, 2013, 12:07:54 pm »

I think you'd like "Blood & Steel". The barbarian start is more or less what you want.

::Looking:: Hmm, I'm confused. On the one hand it has a camel that reminds me of a banana and the main topic describes the great effort gone into portraying archery and battle tactics and strategy. On the other hand I'm also seeing what looks like steam powered suits of armour and walkers made from boxes with a built in cannon.

This will require further research come the new month. :P

If you have M&B OR if you're willing to grab a single file from M&B and copy-paste a single file, you can try out Solid & Shade. TL;DR you're the lieutenant of the ultimate source of evil, also you're a necromancer, even more also you can craft a set of armor equivalent to full plate as one of the earliest crafting recipes.

You won't exactly be strong enough to take on armies on your own, since the really heavy weapons WILL hurt, but you will be able to be a grave-robbing, zombie-commanding, demon-summoning monster and eventually a Lich and either a Vampire or a Werewolf. In a world heavily inspired by the writings of Edgar Allan Poe.
Is there a mirror or something, so I don't have to pay 25 bucks to download it?

You mean for the file? I can send it to you, but I'd rather not post it openly since that would be kinda risky copyright-wise.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3136 on: December 30, 2013, 02:25:05 pm »

Hah, and pms are good for that kind of discussion. :|

This marriage dance mod sounds.....interesting.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 30, 2013, 02:47:55 pm »

I think you'd like "Blood & Steel". The barbarian start is more or less what you want.

::Looking:: Hmm, I'm confused. On the one hand it has a camel that reminds me of a banana and the main topic describes the great effort gone into portraying archery and battle tactics and strategy. On the other hand I'm also seeing what looks like steam powered suits of armour and walkers made from boxes with a built in cannon.

This will require further research come the new month. :P

If you have M&B OR if you're willing to grab a single file from M&B and copy-paste a single file, you can try out Solid & Shade. TL;DR you're the lieutenant of the ultimate source of evil, also you're a necromancer, even more also you can craft a set of armor equivalent to full plate as one of the earliest crafting recipes.

You won't exactly be strong enough to take on armies on your own, since the really heavy weapons WILL hurt, but you will be able to be a grave-robbing, zombie-commanding, demon-summoning monster and eventually a Lich and either a Vampire or a Werewolf. In a world heavily inspired by the writings of Edgar Allan Poe.
Is there a mirror or something, so I don't have to pay 25 bucks to download it?

You mean for the file? I can send it to you, but I'd rather not post it openly since that would be kinda risky copyright-wise.
T'would be lovely. I mean, err. THAT WOULD BE A HORRIBLE THING TO DO.
(plsgive)
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: December 30, 2013, 03:12:13 pm »

The main thing about Brytenwalda that is hilarious and overpowered is to just borrow money from every city then get a village to 100 popularity through donating said money. You can raise armies in days with a cheap cost and just pillage until you need to pay the army. Then disband before paying, rinse and repeat.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: December 30, 2013, 05:22:45 pm »

a while ago, I conquered a city. I did a mission for the guildmaster, hoping to increase prosperity. However, after completing it the option to ask about further jobs just disappeared. I don't mean that he tells me that he has nothing for me to do, I can't even ask. is that normal? if so, I guess that protecting trade routes and importing raw materials is the only way to get some profits?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: December 30, 2013, 06:13:04 pm »

Capturing enemy high end troops and even lords can make a lot of profits when you sell them, especially in mods like Pendor that has a ton of high end troops in most of everything you encounter.

Be sure to bring maces for you and your bunch of companions instead of the more damaging swords/axes to maximise your amount of capture (as swords/axes kills without possibility of rendering a soldier unconscious)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: December 30, 2013, 06:17:16 pm »

I noticed that money is made from prisoners more than fiefs, at least early on. might be different when prosperity of fiefs is high.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: December 30, 2013, 07:15:06 pm »

I noticed that money is made from prisoners more than fiefs, at least early on. might be different when prosperity of fiefs is high.
It is a long term thing... and fiefs/investments seem to be more along the lines of covering maintenance, not as income. 
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: December 30, 2013, 08:16:37 pm »

Could I get the name of the aforementioned file? I have the game I just can't find the name of the file for the life of me.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: December 30, 2013, 09:01:41 pm »

In Native Sea Raiders are great for early game income, since their armor is decent for early game. Sea Raider prisoners also sell for a good amount. You generally want to invest in fiefs and enterprises since they should be the passive income for your army, as later in the game prisoners won't cover the expenses you'll need.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3145 on: December 31, 2013, 03:24:36 am »

Euch, but it takes 20-40 weeks from the time of purchase before you start making a profit on those. Talk about long term, isn't mercenary work 6-8 weeks?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: December 31, 2013, 04:06:11 am »

You don't buy businesses to make a profit, generally speaking, you use them to subsidize your army. When you need to pay two thousand denars a week to sustain your troops, a couple high-paying businesses make it so that you don't have to put in nearly as much effort in order to simply break even. Heck, get enough, and you might actually profit from week to week without so much as having to lift a finger!
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: December 31, 2013, 05:14:27 am »

Could I get the name of the aforementioned file? I have the game I just can't find the name of the file for the life of me.

It's costumes_a.brf from M&B CommonRes folder, it is the only file that was removed in Warband for some strange reason. Then you substitute the M&B's mod's actions.txt and game_rules.txt with those from your Warband's Native module.

There are some errors due to differences between the way menu system was coded, but it works and is much less of a hassle than actually going through the code to port.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: December 31, 2013, 05:22:00 am »

It's costumes_a.brf from M&B CommonRes folder, it is the only file that was removed in Warband for some strange reason. Then you substitute the M&B's mod's actions.txt and game_rules.txt with those from your Warband's Native module.

There are some errors due to differences between the way menu system was coded, but it works and is much less of a hassle than actually going through the code to port.
Thanks!
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3149 on: December 31, 2013, 11:45:14 am »

You don't buy businesses to make a profit, generally speaking, you use them to subsidize your army. When you need to pay two thousand denars a week to sustain your troops, a couple high-paying businesses make it so that you don't have to put in nearly as much effort in order to simply break even. Heck, get enough, and you might actually profit from week to week without so much as having to lift a finger!

Yes, but my point is: it takes 20-40 weeks before you will be better off having invested- till then you're sitting at a net negative compared to if you'd just kept the money in your pocket.
Say you buy a silk weavery for 10000 denars that pays back 500 each week. Until week 20, you would have had more pocket change if you hadn't invested.
If it's something more like 6000 denars which pays 150, it'll take 40 weeks before you make back the money you spent. That's longer than most of my play stints; even if I'd invested on day 1 I may not have seen the thing break even.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:50:25 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 310