Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656148 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3120 on: December 29, 2013, 10:47:16 pm »

Does increasing your "Right to rule" by sending off your companions decrease the chance of other factions going to war with you?

It actually does, but you'll get lots of war declarations whether or not you have high right-to-rule solely because you're the weakest.  But once you have one sixth of the territory, increasing right to rule does in fact decrease the declarations of war.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: December 30, 2013, 02:38:15 am »

It gets really hilarious when you're playing a demi-god who runs faster then a horse, one-hits everything and can have more soldiers with him then they have in their entire kingdoms, and yet they STILL declare war like mad.

Note: I may have an addiction to save-editing :P

EDIT: If YOU decide to develop an addiction to save-editing, never go over 1000 agility. That way lies Madness and Crashing.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:39:56 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: December 30, 2013, 02:58:54 am »

All I ever want out of life is a mod that lets you use a jetpack.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3123 on: December 30, 2013, 03:33:43 am »

>Declares war
>Sends 1000 men to take a castle garrisoned by 100
>No survivors
>'Feels the need to continue the war for the sake of honor'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: December 30, 2013, 03:43:13 am »

It gets really hilarious when you're playing a demi-god who runs faster then a horse, one-hits everything and can have more soldiers with him then they have in their entire kingdoms, and yet they STILL declare war like mad.

EDIT: If YOU decide to develop an addiction to save-editing, never go over 1000 agility. That way lies Madness and Crashing.

Ya know, something I'd like to see is a mod that allows you to become a huge juggernaut of destruction, able to take on entire armies on your own, wielding a huge two handed sword and wearing full plate armour. Like, you could take on a quest to become a powerful vampire or demon possessed terror who carves out their own province. A hero army could appear after a while, with an equally powerful general who's sole goal is to topple your kingdom by defeating you.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: December 30, 2013, 03:59:03 am »

>Declares war
>Sends 1000 men to take a castle garrisoned by 100
>No survivors
>'Feels the need to continue the war for the sake of honor'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Translation: 'Desires revenge, common sense be damned.'
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: December 30, 2013, 05:06:16 am »

I should probably strip my companions of their horses. All it seems to get them is being wounded every other battle.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: December 30, 2013, 05:06:44 am »

Ya know, something I'd like to see is a mod that allows you to become a huge juggernaut of destruction, able to take on entire armies on your own, wielding a huge two handed sword and wearing full plate armour.

It's called "Native."
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: December 30, 2013, 05:25:42 am »

And "weakest" in this case refers exclusively to numbers. The AI doesn't care whether you have knights or peasants as your garrison, simply having many will keep enemies away.

so, instead of hiring the best men for my garrison, my time would be better spent stripping every village from its greenest recruits? bah.
I'll reload an earlier save and see if that works. if not, I'll just abandon the city without sinking myself too deep in debt.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: December 30, 2013, 05:52:58 am »

Ya know, something I'd like to see is a mod that allows you to become a huge juggernaut of destruction, able to take on entire armies on your own, wielding a huge two handed sword and wearing full plate armour. Like, you could take on a quest to become a powerful vampire or demon possessed terror who carves out their own province. A hero army could appear after a while, with an equally powerful general who's sole goal is to topple your kingdom by defeating you.

I think you'd like "Blood & Steel". The barbarian start is more or less what you want.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: December 30, 2013, 06:11:48 am »

I think you'd like "Blood & Steel". The barbarian start is more or less what you want.

::Looking:: Hmm, I'm confused. On the one hand it has a camel that reminds me of a banana and the main topic describes the great effort gone into portraying archery and battle tactics and strategy. On the other hand I'm also seeing what looks like steam powered suits of armour and walkers made from boxes with a built in cannon.

This will require further research come the new month. :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: December 30, 2013, 08:00:33 am »

::Looking:: Hmm, I'm confused. On the one hand it has a camel that reminds me of a banana and the main topic describes the great effort gone into portraying archery and battle tactics and strategy. On the other hand I'm also seeing what looks like steam powered suits of armour and walkers made from boxes with a built in cannon.

If you have M&B OR if you're willing to grab a single file from M&B and copy-paste a single file, you can try out Solid & Shade. TL;DR you're the lieutenant of the ultimate source of evil, also you're a necromancer, even more also you can craft a set of armor equivalent to full plate as one of the earliest crafting recipes.

You won't exactly be strong enough to take on armies on your own, since the really heavy weapons WILL hurt, but you will be able to be a grave-robbing, zombie-commanding, demon-summoning monster and eventually a Lich and either a Vampire or a Werewolf. In a world heavily inspired by the writings of Edgar Allan Poe.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: December 30, 2013, 11:49:40 am »

I tried out The Wedding Dance for M&B. On one hand, a fuckton of new features (chariots! actual decent kingdom management before Warband! controllable catapults!) and marriage system better than Warband's.
Been playing that one all weekend myself. I've got an annoying problem with it crashing when trying to talk to my party members in the field. I also found a bug where if you sneak into a town, and then leave to go to the Imperial Palace, you'll still be in your disguise. Might be related.

I'm also having minor trouble recruiting lords. Gotta get people offload fiefs onto, since they get pissy if I give them to myself or the Queen. But I should probably try doing menial labors for them. Or at least, stop trying to recruit the ones I'm currently at war with. I would knight some of my companions, but the two or so who have a maxed out Leadership plus a hefty Charisma score are also fairly decent fighters. Plus, one of them is the bastard child of two of the rulers, so I don't exactly trust him 100%.

I also agree about he bondage nuns. I also have an issue with the Valkyries' (lack of) chest armors. Then again, if you lived in a frozen wasteland, you'd have nipples hard enough to stop a cavarly charge all on their own, so you might as well use that. Still doesn't explain why it still has armor ratings on par with plate. Chainmail Bikini, indeed. Interestingly, the Amazons tend to be more modestly dressed.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 30, 2013, 12:03:00 pm »

I tried out The Wedding Dance for M&B. On one hand, a fuckton of new features (chariots! actual decent kingdom management before Warband! controllable catapults!) and marriage system better than Warband's.
Been playing that one all weekend myself. I've got an annoying problem with it crashing when trying to talk to my party members in the field. I also found a bug where if you sneak into a town, and then leave to go to the Imperial Palace, you'll still be in your disguise. Might be related.

I'm also having minor trouble recruiting lords. Gotta get people offload fiefs onto, since they get pissy if I give them to myself or the Queen. But I should probably try doing menial labors for them. Or at least, stop trying to recruit the ones I'm currently at war with. I would knight some of my companions, but the two or so who have a maxed out Leadership plus a hefty Charisma score are also fairly decent fighters. Plus, one of them is the bastard child of two of the rulers, so I don't exactly trust him 100%.

I also agree about he bondage nuns. I also have an issue with the Valkyries' (lack of) chest armors. Then again, if you lived in a frozen wasteland, you'd have nipples hard enough to stop a cavarly charge all on their own, so you might as well use that. Still doesn't explain why it still has armor ratings on par with plate. Chainmail Bikini, indeed. Interestingly, the Amazons tend to be more modestly dressed.

Nuns aren't the worst, Torturers are >.<

You're right to distrust some of the companions, you will be betrayed at some point.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: December 30, 2013, 12:05:45 pm »

If you have M&B OR if you're willing to grab a single file from M&B and copy-paste a single file, you can try out Solid & Shade. TL;DR you're the lieutenant of the ultimate source of evil, also you're a necromancer, even more also you can craft a set of armor equivalent to full plate as one of the earliest crafting recipes.

You won't exactly be strong enough to take on armies on your own, since the really heavy weapons WILL hurt, but you will be able to be a grave-robbing, zombie-commanding, demon-summoning monster and eventually a Lich and either a Vampire or a Werewolf. In a world heavily inspired by the writings of Edgar Allan Poe.
Is there a mirror or something, so I don't have to pay 25 bucks to download it?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 310