Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656218 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3075 on: December 25, 2013, 05:50:25 pm »

Does anyone know of an means (be it through a client or crude manual yanking) to raise the default garrison size of cities? The game would be playable if not for how frequently cities change hands and the tendency of the game to complete itself within mere hours.

Utterly immersion breaking.

Play mods.

Honestly, vanilla is a decent game on its own, but is severely lacking. Pick up Brytanwalda if you want a challenge and like a Dark Ages Britain setting, or 1257 A.D if you want a huge map and a ton of factions in a more 'realistic' setting. Plus both have the Freelancer mod and Diplomacy mod bundled in, which both add whole new dimensions to the game. Both Brytanwalda and 1257 are my favourite mods, and both can have huge, long campaigns.

I dunno about everyone else, but I personally never cared for Caladria, and preferred to have my games set in Europe.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: December 25, 2013, 10:07:10 pm »

I only play mods. Pendor, however, has lost it's luster, and I find Brytenwalda's "non-fiction" obnoxious; namely, that you are free to travel and interact with a variety of factions regardless of background. It's also a factor that I don't know much about and am not very interested in low medieval times.

I've seen a number of mods that improve vanilla gameplay (Floris being my favorite), but nothing seems to balance and prolong the tug-o-war.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Meme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: December 25, 2013, 10:09:47 pm »

Downloading Warband right now, it's taken forever for the updates! I can't wait to play though!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: December 25, 2013, 10:10:16 pm »

Yeah, it's just part of the game at this point. It might be possible to mod it to change it, but you'll likely have to do it yourself as no one else has done it.

I mean, Pendor has gigantic garrisons for cities and castles and they still change hands quite often.

I'm always a fan of Floris. It's just very hard to play anything else when you've played Floris. Like, I like the setting of 1257 AD a lot, but the lack of the level of party management in Floris... or the ability to play as a soldier... or the leadership changes... or the tournament changes... you get the point.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: December 26, 2013, 02:29:22 am »

Hm, from what I've played of 1257AD (1.03 version), you can enlist in an army as a soldier, tournaments have a duel or team battle choice. I don't know about leadership changes or part management. It has the choice to use a mod called Lance Recruitment where you can only hire groups of troops or mercenaries instead of training up peasants from villages.

What are some of the better fantasy mods? I feel like playing a mod of Mount and Blade that includes things like magic weapons, Elves, Dwarves and the like. There's so many historical mods, I'd like to see what people are able to do with the game to include things like magic.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: December 26, 2013, 08:11:30 am »

Hm, from what I've played of 1257AD (1.03 version), you can enlist in an army as a soldier, tournaments have a duel or team battle choice. I don't know about leadership changes or part management. It has the choice to use a mod called Lance Recruitment where you can only hire groups of troops or mercenaries instead of training up peasants from villages.

What are some of the better fantasy mods? I feel like playing a mod of Mount and Blade that includes things like magic weapons, Elves, Dwarves and the like. There's so many historical mods, I'd like to see what people are able to do with the game to include things like magic.

Literally the ONLY fantasy mod I know of is "Fantasy Calradia" (Possibly spelled Phantasy Calradia)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: December 26, 2013, 08:23:00 am »

There was Warsword Conquest (based on the Warhammer settings) that was very promising (many factions, like the Tomb Kings, the Dwarves, etc...) but unfortunately got in some kind of hiatus.

I have not checked if work resumed on it or if it's compatible with current version, but it had a lot of potential for being great for a fantasy mod on my playtests

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: December 26, 2013, 08:36:41 am »

I'm actually kinda surprised that there's not some sort of Middle-Earth mod.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: December 26, 2013, 09:28:06 am »

I'm actually kinda surprised that there's not some sort of Middle-Earth mod.

There is. The Last Days, but it's only available, AFAIK, for M&B and not Warband.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: December 26, 2013, 09:47:29 am »

There was a big middle earth mod, Veiled Stars, being worked on for Warband :
http://theveiledstars.thewolfstar.co.uk/index.php

Though no idea about its status or availability, just check for yourself if interested

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: December 26, 2013, 10:26:21 am »

War In the West was another, if I recall correctly, but it seemed very unpolished (if that was it) wen compared to what TVS is supposed to be.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: December 26, 2013, 10:31:36 am »

Check Prophesy of Pendor, is really good.
Literally the ONLY fantasy mod I know of is "Fantasy Calradia" (Possibly spelled Phantasy Calradia)
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: December 26, 2013, 01:27:24 pm »

Cities seem to change hands less in Pendor, in my experience, though maraudering armies might have changed the dynamic.

To the person who was referred to Prophesy of Pendor: make sure you understand the basics of the game first, and have won your share of vanilla battles. Be warned, Pendor has a steep difficulty gradient, and it starts with the very first encounter.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: December 28, 2013, 05:53:14 am »

I tried out The Wedding Dance for M&B. On one hand, a fuckton of new features (chariots! actual decent kingdom management before Warband! controllable catapults!) and marriage system better than Warband's.

On the other, fighting an army of Barbarians, seeing a mob of armed guys charging you completely naked, their, uh, 'spears' flopping merrily in the wind. Or BDSM Inquisition. So yeah.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: December 28, 2013, 07:39:58 am »

Well that actually happened to Rome one time.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 310