Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657503 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2985 on: July 19, 2013, 01:16:25 pm »

Floris

Floris is a) massive, b) discontinued.

If you want Floris experience, play Silverstag.

If you want medieval more-or-less-Europe, there are three mods: 1257 AD, which is kinda weird, since the damage system and recruitment system is changed, Europe 1200, which is more vanilla (and set earlier, obviously), and Rus - XIII Century Warband port, which... I'm not really sure, I only played M&B version, but is focused on Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Teutons), and has a couple of neat features, like first-person helmet view of sorts.

If you bought the whole package of three games, I can recommend you a couple of M&B mods as well.

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 19, 2013, 01:20:40 pm »

After Floris, go ahead and play Brytenwalda. When you're sufficiently torn between the amount of depth and effort worked into that mod, and it's more frustrating mechanics and disingenuously historical setting- play Pendor. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: July 19, 2013, 01:26:56 pm »

After Floris, go ahead and play Brytenwalda. When you're sufficiently torn between the amount of depth and effort worked into that mod, and it's more frustrating mechanics and disingenuously historical setting- play Pendor. :P

Oh yeah, when it comes to historical settings, Brytenwalda is second to none. I'm not really sure if the frustrating mechanics are that off-putting, since you can turn most of them off.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: July 19, 2013, 01:37:16 pm »

Oh yeah, when it comes to historical settings, Brytenwalda is second to none. I'm not really sure if the frustrating mechanics are that off-putting, since you can turn most of them off.

I was actually arguing that the setting, while researched is... a little liberal for it's time period. I personally find myself turned off of mods that paste the original loosey-goosey Warband atmosphere into a "historical" environment, wherein you are still free to roam across the countryside unchecked by local rulers who apparently aren't concerned with maraudering, oath-less sword-wielding peasants and charlatans.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: July 19, 2013, 01:51:07 pm »

I was actually arguing that the setting, while researched is... a little liberal for it's time period. I personally find myself turned off of mods that paste the original loosey-goosey Warband atmosphere into a "historical" environment, wherein you are still free to roam across the countryside unchecked by local rulers who apparently aren't concerned with maraudering, oath-less sword-wielding peasants and charlatans.

Hey, obviously marauding warlords don't make a lot of sense (...or do they?), but what I mean that while inaccurate in gameplay, it's absolutely unique for a historical setting. Very early medieval is a setting about as common as WWI setting.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: July 19, 2013, 02:37:37 pm »

hey, I never trounced around with it alot, but is there a mod that allows you to change your troops' equipment? (For Warband)
does pendor or floris (or silverstag) do this?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: July 19, 2013, 02:50:13 pm »

hey, I never trounced around with it alot, but is there a mod that allows you to change your troops' equipment? (For Warband)
does pendor or floris (or silverstag) do this?

I'm pretty sure someone made an OSP for that, that was included in some mod. Also, WFAS does it (kinda), so it should be doable.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: July 19, 2013, 04:09:45 pm »

Thanks for the recommendations. I downloaded Floris and will get the others while I play

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2993 on: July 19, 2013, 07:55:35 pm »

Ifn you're looking for samurai, Gekokujo is pretty good. Still in production too.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: July 20, 2013, 02:38:06 am »

I played Brytenwalda based solely on the fact that it is not cavalry dominant, plus throwing weapons have a place.  Everything else, like its 'historical' environment is window dressing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2995 on: July 20, 2013, 02:47:30 am »

How do most mods address the other major bonus of having a cavalry band- travel speed?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: July 20, 2013, 07:34:54 am »

I believe in vanilla warband having cavalry units increases your travel speed. Band size also effects it. Try walking around by yourself on horseback, then try it with a bunch of nords in your party. It's one of the reasons khergits are such dicks.

I think having horses in your inventory helps act as pack animals, but I have no idea...

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: July 20, 2013, 07:46:16 am »

How do most mods address the other major bonus of having a cavalry band- travel speed?

Usually by making the mounted troops have higher wages although generally the expense is worth it.

Although you can have those mountainous areas where cavalry are completely useless and even a horde of looters can be threatening to a mounted force.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: July 20, 2013, 09:01:45 am »

Usually by making the mounted troops have higher wages although generally the expense is worth it.

Although you can have those mountainous areas where cavalry are completely useless and even a horde of looters can be threatening to a mounted force.
Dismount and win cause cavalry are just as well equipped as foot units of the same tier.  (For most mods, if I remember correctly anyways.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: July 20, 2013, 09:42:37 am »

snip

Brytenwalda let you date and marry your companions, although the last version I've played of that mod was some time ago, and I'm not sure of the specifics and don't know if it does what you're looking for.  That mod had other morale-influencing mechanics as well, such as winter reducing morale and playing music to your party would increase it.

Nah, what I'm thinking of would deal entirely with this sentiment:
My least favorite mechanic in Mount&Blade is probably that companion "tolerance circle".

Mmm, I tried putting it in the m&b suggestions (privy council), but nothing yet. I was hoping for someone that could make it an OSP- anyone know someone or am I going to have to try learning stuff?

Ah, now I understand.  Diplomacy mod has an option to turn off the companion relationships entirely, so I'd suggest checking that out.  Diplomacy is also incorporated in whole or part by many other mods, so you might find other mods with this feature.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 310