Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657509 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2970 on: June 25, 2013, 01:12:11 pm »

That will be a sad day if they decide to 'appeal to the mainstream.' They could make many improvements over the original, especially in singleplayer. As for the graphics, perhaps they will have a mode that supports worse graphics? I mean Warband has DX7 mode...
They could also improve combat in some regards, and I think they even mentioned something along those lines. Making the native multiplayer more interesting would be pretty awesome.
We will have to wait and see though.

Also, i just downloaded the Floris mod pack someone mentioned and I figured I'd give it a try. I've only done the little training camp so far and I can already tell this is going to be pretty awesome =p

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: June 25, 2013, 01:19:59 pm »

My opinion is that they will be hard-pressed to make a better game in the same vein of the first, barring improvements to the code and of course pumped up graphics that a large fraction of their original playerbase won't be able to support. At the end of the day, I'm not sure Bannerlord will be able to pay for itself.

Then again, they could make an appeal to mainstream.... NO. NO!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGAAHAHHANNNNHHHHSSsshshshshshshh

If they would, it would be more of a matter of a painfully obvious lack of imagination. Hell, I think much more play M&B modded than Native, because there are mods like Diplomacy, which don't intrude on the setting of Native but bring extremely cool new features to the mix.

Off the top of my head: less absurd terrain gen, Brytenwalda-style events/decisions, IMMERSION GODDAMMIT (role-play only goes so far when you can fight a 100+ battles in Arena with no time passing in between, and every NPC you meet is a dead-faced, one-body-fits-all automaton who has the personality of a Pacman ghost (well, companions are slightly exempt from this))...

Besides, the devs already mentioned some pretty major changes to combat, essentially following the M&B/Warband philosophy but realized in a new way. Will it work - we'll see.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: June 25, 2013, 02:15:12 pm »

I hope for more RPG, with real quests and personnality.

Something like 16 possible companions, but with a storyline for each one like in Baldur's gate or Kotor.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: June 25, 2013, 02:29:16 pm »

The companions are an area of Native Warband i always felt was unfinished, they tell you their story and in special locations they tell you a bit more and they leave you thinking there's something to actually do in relation to what you were told.

But no, there's nothing else, it's just stopping there.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2974 on: July 08, 2013, 10:29:42 am »

I can't seem to be able to find the warband thread, so I'll just post this here.

Hey, I just thought of a rather intriguing mechanic, (I think): setting your own 'friendship' with one of your companions. Basically just adds the same morale boost as having their compatible companion in-party, but it would open up much more freedom in party creation. If you guys know if this has been implemented by anyone before, please point me in that direction. If not, does anyone know of someone who is still around, (active), & would have the know-how to implement it?
Variations: Multiple friends. Best-friend, (2x the boost).
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: July 08, 2013, 12:45:21 pm »

This is the Warband thread.  And sorry, no clue about that friendship thing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: July 08, 2013, 04:07:10 pm »

I can't seem to be able to find the warband thread, so I'll just post this here.

Hey, I just thought of a rather intriguing mechanic, (I think): setting your own 'friendship' with one of your companions. Basically just adds the same morale boost as having their compatible companion in-party, but it would open up much more freedom in party creation. If you guys know if this has been implemented by anyone before, please point me in that direction. If not, does anyone know of someone who is still around, (active), & would have the know-how to implement it?

For starters, you should pass this around the Talesworld forums rather than B12. In that regard, I'd recommend getting into contact with one of the active modding teams (there are several) such as anyone involved in the Floris mod, and possibly Pendor.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: July 08, 2013, 04:39:17 pm »

Floris isn't active anymore, I believe. Could try Silverstag, though.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: July 09, 2013, 08:30:11 pm »

Brytenwalda let you date and marry your companions, although the last version I've played of that mod was some time ago, and I'm not sure of the specifics and don't know if it does what you're looking for.  That mod had other morale-influencing mechanics as well, such as winter reducing morale and playing music to your party would increase it.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: July 10, 2013, 03:03:02 am »

My least favorite mechanic in Mount&Blade is probably that companion "tolerance circle".

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2980 on: July 10, 2013, 04:43:32 am »

snip

Brytenwalda let you date and marry your companions, although the last version I've played of that mod was some time ago, and I'm not sure of the specifics and don't know if it does what you're looking for.  That mod had other morale-influencing mechanics as well, such as winter reducing morale and playing music to your party would increase it.

Nah, what I'm thinking of would deal entirely with this sentiment:
My least favorite mechanic in Mount&Blade is probably that companion "tolerance circle".

Mmm, I tried putting it in the m&b suggestions (privy council), but nothing yet. I was hoping for someone that could make it an OSP- anyone know someone or am I going to have to try learning stuff?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: July 10, 2013, 10:38:21 am »

Blood and Steel takes out companions' likes and dislikes of one another, and it's easy to get all 16 of them in your party if you like. Also, Marnid operates a mech. I like Blood and Steel.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: July 19, 2013, 01:02:16 pm »

So I just got this thanks to Steam and was wondering what mod to play. I was thinking Brytenwalda but it seems like most of you think it has lots of annoying features. What would you recommend? I'm mostly interested in the single player campaign and a medieval setting (as in no guns)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: July 19, 2013, 01:07:27 pm »

Floris

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: July 19, 2013, 01:11:12 pm »

So I just got this thanks to Steam and was wondering what mod to play. I was thinking Brytenwalda but it seems like most of you think it has lots of annoying features. What would you recommend? I'm mostly interested in the single player campaign and a medieval setting (as in no guns)
My Prophecy of Pendor vs Floris Mod post.
I'd say Floris Mod to start with.  It is basically Vanilla+.  You can try the other flavors later, since they tend to be harder.
EDIT: Floris - Reworked Troops to be exact.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:13:55 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 310