Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657510 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2955 on: June 23, 2013, 09:16:56 pm »

As I recall, the fact the troops in Brytenwalda are stupidly high is done on purpose. The mod maker wanted to make Trainer less "OP" and make like, buttering up villages or something way more important. All it really does though, is make the game annoyingly tedious instead of challenging or meaningful...
The mod maker does a lot of that kind of thing. It's unbelievably annoying.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: June 23, 2013, 10:18:39 pm »

So, I see With Fire and Sword is $2.50 on Steam. Worth getting if I have Warband?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: June 23, 2013, 10:28:09 pm »

It's essentially a mod for Warband. Worth getting if you love eastern europe in the age of Hussars and muskets. Maybe worth getting if you like eastern europe in the age of hussars and muskets.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: June 23, 2013, 11:10:16 pm »

2.50 is a good price for it, beats my 20 bucks at launch >__>

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: June 23, 2013, 11:30:06 pm »

It's essentially a mod for Warband. Worth getting if you love eastern europe in the age of Hussars and muskets. Maybe worth getting if you like eastern europe in the age of hussars and muskets.

Actually it's essentially a mod for the original Mount & Blade. It's missing a lot of Warbands features, and has a pretty lazily patched in female character option (that still has everyone refer to you as a man).

I don't personally like it, but I feel guns completely outbalance the game when a tier 1 bandit mook can spawn with a pistol, and oneshot you as you ride past if he shoots you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: June 24, 2013, 03:31:50 am »

Actually it's essentially a mod for the original Mount & Blade. It's missing a lot of Warbands features, and has a pretty lazily patched in female character option (that still has everyone refer to you as a man).

I don't personally like it, but I feel guns completely outbalance the game when a tier 1 bandit mook can spawn with a pistol, and oneshot you as you ride past if he shoots you.

If all you want are guns in Mount & Blade, there are (free) mods that do that for you.  The Old West mods are quite fun.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: June 24, 2013, 04:50:44 am »

I'm hopelessly infatuated with what's probably the most unique and 'out there' mod for both Mount and Blades (and I tried out a fair share of them), namely Custom Settlements (old and new, well, newer threads, respectively, the former has more in-depth description).

TL;DR version: after chargen you are plopped into the good ol' map of Calradia, except all vanilla settlements are gone. Instead, unclaimed camps are placed throughout and you are supposed to pick one with a nice scene and develop it into a city. Meanwhile, other settlements are claimed by AI heroes who likewise develop them, and once any settlement hits the maximum level it turns into a vanilla-style kingdom faction.

Sadly, it's abandoned now, as many more features could be added (source code was released, wink nudge), but even now it's enjoyable if only for showing what cool things you could do with M&B, and as the settlements' scenes were picked from people's submissions, they tend to be pretty epic (there's even an actual Dwarf Fortress as one of the settlements!)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: June 24, 2013, 10:29:22 am »

wow, those screenshots look like actual custom castle/town layouts?  I didn't know that was possible -- thought all of M&B's settlements were predefined and not dynamically generated in any way.

I think the biggest craziest mods were never moved from the original M&B to warband.  There were these big sci-fi mods, some of them with ships and stuff even.  Someone had a full on Star Wars mod going on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: June 24, 2013, 10:41:58 am »

wow, those screenshots look like actual custom castle/town layouts?  I didn't know that was possible -- thought all of M&B's settlements were predefined and not dynamically generated in any way.

I think the biggest craziest mods were never moved from the original M&B to warband.  There were these big sci-fi mods, some of them with ships and stuff even.  Someone had a full on Star Wars mod going on.

Yeah no. Sadly. Those are modular scenes made by random people from Taleworlds forums, so they are essentially pre-defined, and an upgrade simply plops the necessary elements into place. On the other hand, people who made them went with Holy Shit Quotient level up to eleven, so the scenes are almost ridiculously epic.

Star Wars mod is actually still going on, the team recently released a new version, all still for original Mount and Blade.

1866 the western mod is THEORETICALLY taken up by the guy who makes the 1860's Old America mod, but it effectively is a whole different mod (1866 is explicitly post-Civil War and is much more Western-y, as well as being confined to the USA-Mexico-Indians borderlands, 1860 takes place during the war and spans the whole States. And has much lower production values.)

The Rus XIII century mod is also still being worked on, and recently a Warband version had been released - it, however, requires Warband Script Extender tool which refuses to work with anything else than 1.153 so Napoleonic Wars users are fucked.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: June 24, 2013, 11:30:11 am »

My favourite mod was the un-finished and abandoned "Bandit King", it introduced many features for other mods have now like being able to join any battle even if you are neutral and taxes automatically collected instead of visiting every town. It also had features which haven't been taken up like other mods which are awesome like the witness script which meant that if you fought battles near sites or parties (who aren't taking part in the fight, like roving villagers) that you would gain/lose faction relations depending on the case, i.e. Vaegirs war with Nords, you kill nord army and battle is seen by nearby vaegir villagers then you will get good rep with vaegir's.

Other awesome features was a mercenary system which actually meant you got paid by what you did, not just having a big army, kill lots of enemies get paid big bucks rather then vanilla system of just do nothing/kill everything get paid peanuts either way.

Also had the ability to have companions be aides and captains, aides being that they wouldn't spawn in combat and would get experience from other things instead of having your surgeon constantly getting knocked out.

The whole premise of Bandit King was awesome, being able to be an actual bandit and carve out your own territory, but unfortunately the devs burnt out and the code is left behind in older versions of M&B.

Anyway it's just nostalgia though the code is still there. http://banditking.googlecode.com/svn/

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: June 24, 2013, 04:29:43 pm »

What version was Bandit Kings for?  There should be older versions of M&B floating around the official websites.

Richards

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: June 24, 2013, 05:05:56 pm »

Any news on Mount and Blade 2?

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: June 24, 2013, 07:30:18 pm »

What version was Bandit Kings for?  There should be older versions of M&B floating around the official websites.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,32882.0.html

.903 compatible, I think there might have been a Warband port but I don't think it got finished.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: June 24, 2013, 07:31:24 pm »

Any news on Mount and Blade 2?

Nope

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: June 25, 2013, 01:04:45 pm »

My opinion is that they will be hard-pressed to make a better game in the same vein of the first, barring improvements to the code and of course pumped up graphics that a large fraction of their original playerbase won't be able to support. At the end of the day, I'm not sure Bannerlord will be able to pay for itself.

Then again, they could make an appeal to mainstream.... NO. NO!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGAAHAHHANNNNHHHHSSsshshshshshshh
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 310