Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657445 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2895 on: April 05, 2013, 10:10:04 am »

After watching this video about the incoming 2.0 version of that mod mod :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70-Yn3CFwdo

I can only recommend to give some attention to this sengoku-era mod for Warband, "Gekokujo" :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249816.0.html

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: April 05, 2013, 10:22:05 am »

There is that other Sengoku Era Mod for Warband out, but it requires an older version to play, and considering my luck with not only getting and working an older version. I will never get to try it... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: April 05, 2013, 01:09:34 pm »

Did they update Prophecy of Pendor for original M&B? (Have they ever updated it? I downloaded it from ModNexus.)
I seem to be stuck, since it seems to invariably crash while I'm attacking a Ravenstern castle. Almost at exactly the same point in the same battle(when enemy reinforcements come, possibly meaning a texture error?).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: April 05, 2013, 03:45:10 pm »

Fortunately, thanks to Troop Editor and Waraand's inbuilt edit mode, I was able to restore the faces to their original settings.

Unfortunately, now that I have the power to alter the fabric of reality and change anything I want about any given person in Pendor on a whim, I'm not sure I can stop...
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: April 05, 2013, 03:49:46 pm »

I'm pretty sure if you edit too much it might corrupt the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:07:16 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: April 05, 2013, 04:16:16 pm »

Anyone here playing cRPG or any other multiplayer mods of this, preferably in NA? I'm sick of freelancing.
I used to play a good amount of cRPG.  Don't really have time to get back into it, unfortunately.  It was the most fun I've had with M&B.
is cRPG still going strong ? Haven't played in a while but it was awesome when I did. I'm thinking of giving it a go again.
I used to play on NA servers in the TS clan (Eastern TSardom). It was probably the most fun I've ever had in Warband, ever. They were just the right balance of being pretty good players, being serious about things when it was necessary, and being completely awesome guys to be around. I think out of all of them I was the whiniest jerk, hehehe, but they didn't seem to mind... they even got a kick out of it sometimes =p (fricken' shoelaces!)

If those guys were still around I would still be playing today. As for how active cRPG is, I haven't checked recently, but every few months I boot it up again just to give it a try. I've been spoiled so much by the TSardom though, playing without them makes cRPG feel rather empty. *Longing sigh*

EDIT: Every time I play again people keep asking o join the DERP clan, because someone took my name while I was in the TSardom so when we disbanded I couldn't switch to my original name and had to append something to it... and now people think it's a legitimate clan =o

EDIT 2: looks like there's 20 people playing Defend The Virgin right now, hmmm... though I do miss rageball.

Wait, the siege server is gone?

.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:27:36 pm by OzyTheSage »

Snow Gibbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: April 05, 2013, 07:55:47 pm »

Wait, the siege server is gone?

.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

NA Siege is still around, It depopulates pretty quickly after late night though. They recently brought in Siege Beta maps, which are rediculous (30 mins on one map with 5 flags to capture) but do bring in an actual strategic element outside of Strategus.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: April 05, 2013, 08:45:08 pm »

5 flags to capture huh? sounds more interesting than "everything but the flag is not important" thing in many maps. A siege should be a progressive thing, not a bumrush to the flag.

I played on DTV earlier and had a bit of fun there, managed to get to Rohirric riders. I remember in Defend The Village where we would camp up in the ruins with shielders and my masterwork pike (now called longspear) and just poke people for victory. I never got up to Chadz myself unfortunately, but other people had =p

Now that the 'objective' is always standing out in the middle of the open it's quite a bit more difficult.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: April 05, 2013, 10:13:20 pm »

I don't know if anyone talked about this before in this thread, but you know what would be awesome? A bay12 linebattle brigade for M&B Napoleonic Wars.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: April 06, 2013, 01:02:03 pm »

Did they update Prophecy of Pendor for original M&B? (Have they ever updated it? I downloaded it from ModNexus.)
I seem to be stuck, since it seems to invariably crash while I'm attacking a Ravenstern castle. Almost at exactly the same point in the same battle(when enemy reinforcements come, possibly meaning a texture error?).

Seems to have been a corpse/ragdoll error. Turning both off seems to have fixed it. Now it crashes upon entry to a siege attack on Ravenstern's Dagon Castle(a different castle than before), though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: April 06, 2013, 01:58:15 pm »

Seems to have been a corpse/ragdoll error. Turning both off seems to have fixed it. Now it crashes upon entry to a siege attack on Ravenstern's Dagon Castle(a different castle than before), though.

Did said crashes occur at the end of battle, just before the summary screen? I was having such a problem myself, but found that by basically turning off everything (ragdoll, corpses, blood) and lowering textures, along with screen resolution, the problem has disappeared.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: April 06, 2013, 02:23:19 pm »

I noticed something that can cause crash is when there are too many sounds and musics , too high quality that fill the memory quickly , and along the many high quality textures mods can add, Warband can sometime just give up and crash (even if in theory your computer can take that much in memory, hinting that maybe it's the engine that has some memory management problem).

If you get crashes related to sounds (usually the crashes will be about fmod or fmodex ) with a specific mod, in the Warband launcher, in the Audio tab disable Sound Variation and Music.
This should makes the game more stable.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: April 07, 2013, 10:17:31 am »

Did said crashes occur at the end of battle, just before the summary screen? I was having such a problem myself, but found that by basically turning off everything (ragdoll, corpses, blood) and lowering textures, along with screen resolution, the problem has disappeared.
Upon entry to the battle scene. Doesn't even seem to load the battle scene. As soon as I click "Lead your soldiers in the assault", crash. I'd autobattle, but for some reason that results in about 50-100 losses to killing about 10-20 of them, while in a live battle, it tends to be about 3-10 losses(10 Surgery, ftw) to 100-150 of them per round(assuming I don't catch a dozen arrows to the face... maybe I should stop wearing my crown and bunnyhopping around the place).

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: April 07, 2013, 11:56:42 am »

I played M&B a bunch when it was in beta, and went through the tedious business of conquering the entire realm once after it was finally released.  It's been a few years and I was itching to play again, so I picked up Warband.  It is cool, but not too different from vanilla so I added Floris to it.

Most of what I wanted out of the mod was an expansion on trade and diplomacy and such.  I wanted to try my hand at being a merchant, and did not want to play in a historical setting or someone's home-brew fantasy setting, or something based on a series of popular books or something.  It was a toss-up between Native Expansion and Floris, and it seemed like Floris had better economic features and such.

I have to say though, Floris suffers from the typical "kitchen sink" style of modding.  I've got a core i7 3rd gen with a GTX660M 2GB, and there are still occasionally problems with textures because of how damn many are thrown in.  The interface modifications like the in-game troop trees are always glitching.

By and large, it runs pretty well.  but there are a few problems here and there.

Most of what irks me though, is that even though trade and economics are expanded it is still difficult to play as a trader.  I feel like it was easier to make a profit buying and selling goods in vanilla.

Also, I'm not a fan of the new NPCs.  The writing in the original game was pretty high quality, and referenced a somewhat consistent larger world.  Now we have all these NPCs talking about the real europe, and all sorts of church references and religious icons and NPCs that were not a part of the game before.  it just feels totally different.

After a couple of trys, I found myself going back to vanilla Warband.  I'll probably give it another shot sometime, there is a bunch of cool stuff there.  I hear there is still one more version yet to be released, so maybe it will improve a little bit?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: April 07, 2013, 01:06:11 pm »

If you are looking for Vanilla+, you could try diplomacy and looking at the not-big-enough-for-its-own-board mods.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 310