Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657318 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2685 on: November 27, 2012, 08:32:15 pm »

Usually, MB mods don't work at all with Warband, it was one of the hope of many that Warband would be able to run MB mods, but unfortunately it had never been the case.

1866 got an attempt of adaptation to Warband, but it was probably too much work as it only ended with a MP version but unfortunately development on that MP mod died at +/- WB 1.132 and SP never saw the light.

But if you wish to play in that era in Warband, there 's the 1860 Old America mod that got permission of the 1866 mod to use their assets, and it is still developed.

Did not read my post, did you? There IS a way of adapting M&B mods to Warband:
1) Open your M&B folder
2) Open CommonRes folder inside
3) Likewise for Warband folder
3) Copy costumes_a.brf to CommonRes in Warband folder
4) Copy the mod file from Modules in M&B folder to Warband's Modules
5) Open Warband Native module
6) Copy actions.txt to the mod folder (replace)
7) ???
8) Mod adapted!
Copyright Swyter from Taleworlds forum (not really, but it was he who figured it out)

Interesting, found the thread
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199809.0.html
Though after having read the whole thread, it seems there are still lot of problems, but it's still something worth a try if you want to try a specific MB mod that will never see a Warband adaptation.
I wish Taleworlds would have made the whole mod port process easier.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: November 27, 2012, 08:36:02 pm »

Shameless joyful new-found fandom post:

I discovered Mount and Blade several months ago, but wrote it off as too CPU/graphics-intensive with seemingly poor interface... until two days ago, when I caved and soon saw the light of the ultimate scintillating wholesomeness and god-like glory of what I can only describe as the ugly but gifted three-way love child of Romance of the Three Kingdoms 10, Shogun Total War, and Morrowind, raised by uncle Bushido Blade.

Honestly, this game has some of the most impressive, meaningful, and enthralling combat I have ever encountered, and for it's shortfalls, the AI does a great job of making me feel like I'm caught in the fray.

Khergit Khanate for life.  8)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: November 27, 2012, 08:47:23 pm »

That reminds me, is there a good Romance of the Three kingdoms mod out there?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: November 27, 2012, 09:13:04 pm »

There's a ROTK mod, but I've not given it a spin so I don't know if it's any good.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: November 28, 2012, 09:04:54 am »

Sadly... Last I saw of the RoTK mod was that it was in Chinese. It was badly balanced. And all things were well under par of some of the more Medeival/Euro mods out there. The Graphics were subpar and never seemed to mesh with the character models, imagine Lubu's headpeice from Dynasty Warriors games with its bright colours meshed straight onto the Euro faces and bodys of Mount and Blade...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: November 28, 2012, 10:11:00 am »

I discovered Mount and Blade several months ago, but wrote it off as too CPU/graphics-intensive with seemingly poor interface... until two days ago,

I run M&B on a 6 year old PC with no problems with battle size set at 150 and the only time it starts to drag is when all mooks fight in one place (and i literally mean 100 dudes shouting and swinging at once in the castle/town courtyard/street.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: November 28, 2012, 10:34:35 am »

Wow I developed a new hate for the brytenwalda mod. It seems when you're laying siege to a town or castle, or are in a camp, it doesn't give you your horse. The thing that gives you the biggest advantage over land troops. But it gives the enemy horses....

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: November 28, 2012, 10:44:09 am »

Wow I developed a new hate for the brytenwalda mod. It seems when you're laying siege to a town or castle, or are in a camp, it doesn't give you your horse. The thing that gives you the biggest advantage over land troops. But it gives the enemy horses....

Repeat after me: There is no such thing as fairness in Brytenwalda. Almost all mechanics work against you. The AI is a cheating bastard, as usual.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: November 28, 2012, 10:50:26 am »

That's vanilla mechanics...
Just like when the defenders sally out when you siege you have only 8 arrows and 10 out of you force even with the battle size maxed twice over with the battlesizer mod...

But if I remember rightly there should be a pony or something in the custom maps. I distinkly remembering running for a random horse...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2694 on: November 28, 2012, 11:53:05 am »

Repeat after me: There is no such thing as fairness in Brytenwalda. Almost all mechanics work against you. The AI is a cheating bastard, as usual.

Truth. Fatigue? Only affects you. Falling down when walking backwards? Only you again. The increased troop wages? You alone. Weapon breaking? You guessed it. "Realistic" troop upgrade? More xp for upgrading your troops, not the AIs. The increased arena difficulty mode? 2x damage for you, 1/2 damage for enemies. The only big change that affects you AND the enemy troops is the equipment penalties, that hurts their power strike and athletics just as much as yours.

I admit it would have been hilarious if the fatigue system affected NPCs. It's made in such a way that if you gear up in full heavy armor and march across a standard battle field you'll be completely unable to fight once you get there, so you'd have all the top tier NPCs falling over helpless by the time they marched to you.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: November 28, 2012, 01:11:38 pm »

Truth. Fatigue? Only affects you. Falling down when walking backwards? Only you again. The increased troop wages? You alone. Weapon breaking? You guessed it. "Realistic" troop upgrade? More xp for upgrading your troops, not the AIs. The increased arena difficulty mode? 2x damage for you, 1/2 damage for enemies. The only big change that affects you AND the enemy troops is the equipment penalties, that hurts their power strike and athletics just as much as yours.

I admit it would have been hilarious if the fatigue system affected NPCs. It's made in such a way that if you gear up in full heavy armor and march across a standard battle field you'll be completely unable to fight once you get there, so you'd have all the top tier NPCs falling over helpless by the time they marched to you.

'CHAAAARGE, ANGLES!'
'CHAAAARGE, MERCIANS'
*A couple of minutes of running later*
'*gasp*...how about we make a break from this 'Killing each other brutally' thing for a while? *gasp*'

- Everyone, if the fatigue was on for everyone.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: November 28, 2012, 03:27:49 pm »

Exactly the reason i disabled those "features" in the camp menu, i don't see the point in crippling my character with such thing that will ever only affect him.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: November 29, 2012, 09:14:32 am »

Yeah, Brytenwalda is a great mod, but there is just soo much stuff there that screws you over nice and hard.

Prophecy of pendor man myself.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: November 29, 2012, 10:08:57 am »

Yes, Brytenwalda has a lot of good (i especially like the focus on infantry battle instead of the usual "cavalrychargewin" from Native and most mods) but it has some very bad.

Fortunately, a lot of thanks to Paul submod, several of the bad are not anymore getting in the way of me enjoying the mod, though i still need to disable most of the character crippling option from the camp menu as it does not affect any AI, only the player.
But the submod really makes Brytenwalda enjoyable.

That said, Prophecy of Pendor and Light&Darkness are still both on top of my favorite mods chart for Warband. I wonder what's in stock for the next Blood&Steel update, as the dev after a very long hiatus seems to be back and posted some teaser pictures recently.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: November 29, 2012, 10:10:57 am »

PoP... Pretty nice in terms of work spent on it. I hate the setting though. Too much like Standard Fantasy World ISO 9001.

I did not try L&D, but again, the fantasy-ish style is not encouraging me to. I didn't notice B&S updating, I will check it out immediately.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 310