Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657297 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2610 on: November 20, 2012, 08:11:04 pm »

So, who here uses the Steam version? Is there anyway to roll it back to a previous edition? I'd really like to try the diplomacy mod, but the latest release of that is for '53, while the current version of Warband is '54.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: November 20, 2012, 08:12:22 pm »

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,159016.0.html

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,202998.0.html
I always thought Nord Invasion was something like Vikingr, but the co-op aspect makes it a lot more appealing now...
cRPG interested me because of the customization and such. The problem is, of course, with the people who play the mod >_>

I'm not 100% sure but you might be able to get your steam key to work like an actual game key, in which case you can use the non-steam version as if you got it from Taleworlds. I don't know how to do that though, I just got it from Taleworlds.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2612 on: November 20, 2012, 08:28:37 pm »

The 1.153 version is the latest in terms of module systems, 1.154 was just an update to make it compatible with the Napoleonic Wars DLC. All the 1.153 mods should work in 1.154, unless the devs really messed up (especially since the 1.153 module system is the only one available!). I haven't had any problems with the 1.153 mods on 1.154.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 20, 2012, 10:07:15 pm »

The 1.153 version is the latest in terms of module systems, 1.154 was just an update to make it compatible with the Napoleonic Wars DLC. All the 1.153 mods should work in 1.154, unless the devs really messed up (especially since the 1.153 module system is the only one available!). I haven't had any problems with the 1.153 mods on 1.154.

You have made me a very happy man, Paul :P Cheers!

Now, I assume installing a mod to the steam version is pretty much the same as with the non-steam version? If so, I'll just use the "how to" on the taleworlds forums :)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 21, 2012, 11:22:54 am »

@Osmosis: yes, 95% of 1.153 mods do work for 1.154 EXCEPT the 5% - those using Warband Script Extender (WSE), so no Battle Time (Coop-ish mod that lets you host your SP battles to MP), or other mods that state explicitly they use WSE. Diplomacy should work. Try Brytenwalda too, if you haven't, it is BIIIG historical mod that uses Diplomacy and many others.

Also, the Steam key works for earlier versions, you might not even need to use it though - I was downgrading to 1.13-something and it detected my key automatically - but if you do, you need to convert it to proper format - check Taleworlds forum for the converter.

@Ozy: Hmm, been some time since I last played Nord Invasion... it's entirely unlike Vikingr (not to say either of the two is uncool), it's a Invasion gamemode - players vs. hordes and hordes of AI, similar to Calradia Slave Rebellion (though CSR sucks) and Full Invasion series. From my experiences NI is the best Invasion mod.

@Nistenf: Depens heavily on which game you have: for original M&B I'd recommend Europe 1806 (Napoleonic period mod with very nicely fleshed out civilian life features), Solid & Shade (be a necromancer! Craft eeeeevil items for stat bonuses! Do stuff FOR TEH LULZ!). TLD has a lot of good rep, but haven't played it myself.

There is also the 1866 mod, a damn fine Western mod with all things you'd expect: mesas, stagecoach robberies, bank robberies, US government, Mexico, Apaches and Comanches fighting a war while several lawmen/outlaws groups have wars of their own, robbing people at gunpoint in towns, shootouts at noon and Confederate rebels, Indian raiders and Mexican bandits added to the mix.

For Warband: Brytenwalda, as I already said, Rigale for more dwarven gameplay, Prophecy of Pendor for more fantasy flavor (yet of high quality), 1257 for more mid-mediaeval historical Europe, Nord Invasion for coop fun (well, fun when you stop being sucky 0/1st-tier butterknife wielder).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 21, 2012, 05:28:12 pm »

@Osmosis: yes, 95% of 1.153 mods do work for 1.154 EXCEPT the 5% - those using Warband Script Extender (WSE), so no Battle Time (Coop-ish mod that lets you host your SP battles to MP), or other mods that state explicitly they use WSE. Diplomacy should work. Try Brytenwalda too, if you haven't, it is BIIIG historical mod that uses Diplomacy and many others.

Heh, I'd already installed the game ages ago, so the question of using the steam key is a bit moot. Diplomacy is fun :D Although, it does seemed to have dropped my weekly rents from ~20k to ~5k :/ Ahhh well, income's still positive, and I've already bought pretty well the best gear I can find, so it's not a huge issue :P

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 22, 2012, 12:53:13 am »

The wargs on The Last Days are horrifying. They easily run straight through multiple lines of dwarves with no issue, just barely slowing down. I don't remember even the best of horses in the vanilla game being able to do that. My switch from mostly long-handled axedwarves (good for dethroning mounted soldiers, which I faced pretty much constantly when exterminating the Rhun camp right next to Erebor) to the Iron Hills line (the tier 2 infantry, which have one of the longer jumps to the next tier, are armed with crappy little swords that are barely long enough to scratch your back) didn't help much.

King Dain II Ironfoot seems a little stuck on what he should be doing. Now that we killed the Rhuns, he's just been either camping in or patrolling around the Iron Hills Quarry instead of going after our enemies, like Mt. Gundabad or Dol Guldur. Thanks to this, I've got rather little available when it comes to increasing rank or influence aside from odd-jobs given to me by the lords. All of my battles will reach either Dale or the Mirkwood Elves, both of whom I care very little about.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 22, 2012, 01:09:54 am »

Checked out the brytenwalda mod and it looks epic, but I can't figure out how to install it. The only guide says to write a run command or something. I am clueless as to how to get this to work. Any help?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2618 on: November 22, 2012, 02:16:27 am »

Heh, I've been modding Brytenwalda so much, maybe I should release a fix pack of my own. So far I've fixed the loot wagon issue, fixed the issues with the realistic casualties system, modified the random scenarios and the map so the battle maps aren't so dang hilly, fixed the castle income thing being super low (maybe intended by them, but whats the point of a castle that pays you 200 and costs you 1000+ in troop wages).

The realistic casualties system is basically a free prisoner system as it stands. It didn't actually save troops, it just added them to prisoner lists if you won. If you lost or retreated they were still dead. I modified it so that it keeps them in the enemy party, so if you kill 150 guys 50 of em won't be reported as dead and will either come up as prisoners if you win or remain in the enemy party as wounded if you lose.

I might put together a mod of their mod with all my little changes. Thinking of rebalancing their weapons a bit, right now axes are OMG AWESOME and swords are meh. To the point that the low tier troops with hand axes kick the asses of the higher tier troops with swords and armor. Thats how my armies of low tier Bonheddwr troops are mopping the floor with top tier Briton troops - the awesome power of hand axes. I even had a squad of follower women wreck a group of elite Briton Campgwyr with their awesome handaxeness.

Checked out the brytenwalda mod and it looks epic, but I can't figure out how to install it. The only guide says to write a run command or something. I am clueless as to how to get this to work. Any help?

I just double clicked their installer and it came up with buttons, one of them was install. I seem to recall that launching an installer. I forget. I personally prefer a simple zip file, but I guess they wanted to fancy it up.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: November 22, 2012, 02:18:17 am »

Want info about M&B 2 :(
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: November 22, 2012, 05:01:24 am »

Hence the frowny :(
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: November 22, 2012, 07:37:05 pm »

I just double clicked their installer and it came up with buttons, one of them was install. I seem to recall that launching an installer. I forget. I personally prefer a simple zip file, but I guess they wanted to fancy it up.

Yes it installed the mod, but I doesn't come up in my scroll bar when I launch the game.

Scratch that, I think I just installed it to the wrong folder.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:01:33 pm by Micro102 »

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: November 23, 2012, 04:36:53 am »

Desura has a nice system for installing mods to M&B Warband (it cooperates nicely with a steam install), if only developers were better at keeping their stuff on Desura up-to-date.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: November 23, 2012, 08:01:33 am »

Desura has a nice system for installing mods to M&B Warband (it cooperates nicely with a steam install), if only developers were better at keeping their stuff on Desura up-to-date.

Not only that, but the selection there is frankly quite lacking. Honestly, installing mods isn't hard at all, it's drag & drop into the Modules folder and you're done. Actually, for me installing without any kind of installer is faster - I don't have to check the filepath for the right folder.

@Micro102: If you don't find it anywhere, double check whether you installed the mod instead of one of the submods. Although a friend of mine had the same problem, he just didn't change the default filepath.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 310