Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657276 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2595 on: November 05, 2012, 05:31:53 pm »

Eagle and the Radiant cross has guns galore. only problem is you'll usually have to loot them because they have a tendancy to vanish from the stores. they're common enough it isn't a problem

Actually you can also get Musketeer soldiers from one of the factions. I think it was the snowy one to the Northeast-ish.
You can get TROOPS WITH GUNS easily enough. Getting a gun for yourself, however, requires looting.

And you are thinking of Prus- I Mean The Imperial State. Guns FOR EVERYONE (Unless your an ulhan, in which case you get a lance and a crappy hat)
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: November 13, 2012, 04:49:44 pm »

Ok, times like this I feel like punching everyone who made this game. I lose a battle, my army is gone ect. Then Im trying to run around and collect troops. Funny thing is, everyone is faster then me. I have a nice fast horse, and am alone or with other horse riders. Never more then 5 people. Bandits, enemy armies, deserters, everything that wants to kill me is faster then me. A horde of 50 sea raiders or something had a speed of 6.1. What is up with that? Why is my guy, alone on his horse (this is what happens when you get captured 20 times in a row) end up being slower then 50 bandits, who he can clearly outrun on the map?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: November 13, 2012, 04:52:54 pm »

Yeah, that never made any sense to me. MY foot troops are slow as all hell when I'm walking around, even with really high ranks in pathfinding. But all the bandits and sea raiders? Faster than a group of cavalry!

Seems to be hardcoded in some function, too. I couldn't find anything on the units when modding that gave them that bonus.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: November 13, 2012, 05:09:32 pm »

Why is my guy, alone on his horse (this is what happens when you get captured 20 times in a row) end up being slower then 50 bandits, who he can clearly outrun on the map?

I've never gotten below a 9 in speed as a solo horseman on the world map. You sure you don't have massive piles of loot slowing you down? Inventory weight does affect travel speed, I think.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: November 13, 2012, 06:19:07 pm »

Other great things include bashing enemy lords in the face during a battle, but having them escape anyways, and getting captured no matter what if you lose with no chance of escaping like the lords do.

The artificial unit cap for your party is also pretty balls. There's a fix you can do to a text file but you'll have to look on the forums on how to do it.

If you don't mind cheating you can export your character, edit him to have more pathfinding, then import him so he moves quicker. But honestly, you shouldn't need to cheat to make the game more fair >_> M&B singleplayer is flawed and I hope they make some serious changes in M&B2

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: November 13, 2012, 06:35:46 pm »

Both morale and inventory weight affects map speed significantly. If you're lugging around a lot of heavy crap like trade goods, either sell off most of it or buy some spare horses to carry the load.

Sea raiders are ungodly fast though.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: November 13, 2012, 06:40:56 pm »

Sea raiders are ungodly fast though.

Well that's because they're actually the souls of drowned sailors who seek revenge on the living with their ghostly powers, which also explains why so many Sea Raiders keep spawning when your character has personally killed enough to populate a large city. It also explains why the economy doesn't crash when you farm Sea Raiders, since the ghosts obviously buy their equipment back using gold found in shipwrecks.

It all makes perfect sense.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: November 14, 2012, 08:52:32 am »

I'm just going to guess that I was carrying too much stuff at the time. What amount of food do you guys usually lug around?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: November 14, 2012, 08:56:52 am »

I generally lug one or two of each item for morale purposes. Mind you, when I'm all alone I just have a single thing of fish or dried meat, which pretty much lasts forever. Or at least until I start recruiting.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: November 14, 2012, 10:23:41 am »

Same here. except I've been pushing this character's leadership to the limits so I can afford to leave out the expensive stuff, and stock up on cheap food.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: November 14, 2012, 05:41:45 pm »

If I remember correctly bread has a good weight-to-count ratio while providing a decent morale bonus, so get bread if you want to travel light and have food that lasts a while. Forget how expensive it is, it's been ages since I played Native.

If you find some loot that has food in it, drop stacks of food that are nearly depleted and get the full stacks, since I'm fairly sure that a single stack of food, no matter how full, weighs the same as if it were a full stack...?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2606 on: November 20, 2012, 02:37:40 pm »

Just got back into playing this in the Brytenwalda mod.

The siege system they have in that one is pretty fun. I just completed a three week siege of Caer Maunguid. They only had food for a week when I started (which was why I thought sieging them was a good idea, heh) so I kept them without food for about two weeks.

I started with 250 men, mostly Bonheddwyr (the tier 2 Briton troops). My ally (I was Marshal, with the faction leader following me around) had 350 men. The enemy city had about 760 men - 460 in the city itself and their faction leader was inside with about 300. So I was outnumbered, 600 to 760. I had my personal engineering skill at 7, so stuff wasn't too hard to build. I started with setting up a circumvallation, then built sanitation. After that was done I just camped out. The first week was mostly uneventful, I lost 20 men to an attack while building the circumvallation but not too bad. Then as soon as they ran out of food they made a desperate sally against me, but I formed my troops into a thick line and managed to wipe them out without too many losses.

After that little fight, I kept waiting day after day. It threw an event at me every day or two, asking to choose things - a few let me pay money to help my men's morale, some were choices that mostly affected honor. After the second week the enemy women, children, and old men abandoned the city and wandered out to the circumvallation begging for food - I paid 400 to get them some food for an honor boost, although it hurt morale (not sure why, my men must be cruel). I had a few more sallies by the defender, but I was still going pretty strong.

The third week they sallied a few more times and hit me pretty hard since now they had more elite troops coming out (early sallies seemed to be mostly lower tier like mine, so it was more evenly matched - these were the heavier infantry and they hurt), leaving with me down to 60 men and my allies down to 200. The enemy side was still showing 500 defenders, so I was getting a bit worried. Then on the 20th day an enemy lord party of 100 came up and got in a battle with my ally, leaving me with a mere 60 men (who were now all tier 3 and 4 from the experience of all the fights). against the 500 defenders in the city. On the dawn of the 21st day they sallied out and attacked again, at which point I figured I was doomed - 60 vs 500? But the enemy only had 40. 500 men in the city, but the starvation had left a mere 40 able to fight.

I charged with my men, and together we wiped them out - including the enemy lord. After that little fight I captured the enemy lord, and was able to take as many prisoners as I could hold (which wasn't many, since my party size had shrunk so much - but I got all the expensive ones).

So that's how I got credit for single handedly capturing 500 men with a party of 60. I must have gained 150 renown from all the victories during the sallies. My faction leader gave me the city too.

The first few caravans to arrive must have made a killing too due to all the price hikes during the siege. Just the tariffs are going to give me 15,000 at the end of the week.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:39:12 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: November 20, 2012, 07:13:52 pm »

Recommended mods?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: November 20, 2012, 07:17:45 pm »

I like The Last Days (of the Third Age of Middle-Earth), I've been playing it a lot recently.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: November 20, 2012, 07:54:58 pm »

Nord Invasion is quite nice. Despite it bbeing a multiplayer mod, being pVe makes it pretty laid back in terms of competitiveness.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 310