Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657260 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2565 on: September 29, 2012, 06:57:57 am »

If you have Warband go try "Light&Darkness - Heroes of Calradia" , it's brillant.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240713.0.html

I actually decided to try it out thanks to this recommendation. While the translation is definitely shoddy, there's just something about the mod itself that really draws me in. Plus, the drawn art in the cutscenes is actually really freakin' good, which caught me by surprise.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: September 30, 2012, 12:18:45 pm »

Yes, i was completely took by surprise too when i started playing as i never expected it to be so good, it's an amazing mod and after playing since a week it became my favorite Warband mod, even better than Pendor that was holding the title for me until i tried this Light&Darkness.

A new patch for it has been released :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240713.0.html

Never thought this kind of story implementation was possible, Warband has so much more potential than i thought.
I can't imagine the amount of work that has been done on this.
And there are plans to develop it further !
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:21:57 pm by Robsoie »

Waterplouf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: September 30, 2012, 01:33:50 pm »

For M&B ( not warband ) I would also recommend star wars : conquest. While the mod isn't in a finished state, it's still very fun and quite impressing.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: September 30, 2012, 07:06:56 pm »

About Light&Darkness, if for some reason you're stuck in the storyline, there's a rather complete guide there :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240713.msg5856155.html#msg5856155

But be warned, it's really full of spoilers so read really only if you're stuck or you'll spoil yourself a lot of the pleasure of discovering things.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: September 30, 2012, 07:23:24 pm »

About Light&Darkness, if for some reason you're stuck in the storyline, there's a rather complete guide there :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240713.msg5856155.html#msg5856155

But be warned, it's really full of spoilers so read really only if you're stuck or you'll spoil yourself a lot of the pleasure of discovering things.

I kinda wish I had this guide earlier.

Nevermind. It doesn't have the location of that stupid-ass cave. (If you don't know what cave I'm talking about, you probably haven't gotten to it yet).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: September 30, 2012, 07:27:33 pm »

For a truly new experience, try Blue Blood for Warband.

It implements an authentic levy system!  Force those peasants to join your army for three weeks, then run and hide for three weeks (if you're a noble, otherwise just hide from enemy nobles when they have their levies raised).

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: September 30, 2012, 07:36:53 pm »

@USEC_OFFICER
If you mean
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: September 30, 2012, 07:38:45 pm »

I've already found the cave (thank god), and I brought my viking axes/half-brick so I was completely fine delving it. Having full reinforced armour probably helped too.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: September 30, 2012, 09:54:22 pm »

I was honestly sold on the mod the moment the title-screen loaded and that main menu music started playing.

That cave was a pretty fun dungeon crawl, I gotta say. Two-handing attacks seemed to be the only way to go to hurt the baddies in there, though.

Also, having a party of thirty or so manhunters is truly excellent for when you need cash quick, since you can roll over most infantry parties with ease. They're not so great when it comes to fighting things other than river pirates, forest bandits and mountain bandits, but the cash influx when you do take those parties down is well worth it.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: October 01, 2012, 04:44:40 pm »

It implements an authentic levy system!  Force those peasants to join your army for three weeks, then run and hide for three weeks (if you're a noble, otherwise just hide from enemy nobles when they have their levies raised).

This mod reminds me of Crusader Kings 2.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: October 01, 2012, 05:56:33 pm »

I've been having A LOT of fun with Blue Blood. It completely changes the game. For one the lords are much more aggressive an  actually come out of their holdings if an enemy is trespassing on their land. The levy system works great indeed but I personally prefer making a mercenary company and whoring myself out to anyone who will pay for my services.
I'm currently playing an Irish lowborn which has been in the army serving one of the lower kings of Ireland whom have finally made up enough money to start buying up land and starting a real company. After I get some real strength I might even consider taking some lands off the English. Can a mercenary company lead by a lowborn unite Ireland or will the kings of Ireland unite against the despot?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: October 02, 2012, 05:21:36 am »

This mod reminds me of Crusader Kings 2.

Yup, I got that vibe too.

@Catastrophic lolcats: Yeah, I also like being a mercenary.  Just got to make sure you free prisoners that aren't levy troops, otherwise they won't upgrade.  Although, in the previous version freed levy troops were free, so that was a bonus.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: October 05, 2012, 12:24:56 pm »

For non-Warband, I've found Solid&Shade to be fun. Namely because you can eventually become a necromancer. It takes some effort to get to that point(even if you take the start-up option that gives you the Necronomicon to begin with), but then you can turn the dead of your enemies into new troops. Or go dig up a graveyard for recruits or crafting bits. And yes, you can use bits of dead people to make things.

Spoiler: Some tips (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yannanth

« Reply #2579 on: October 16, 2012, 03:49:29 am »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:00:10 pm by Yannanth »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 310