Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657215 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2460 on: July 19, 2012, 09:10:23 am »

So... using the advice I got here, I utterly roflstomped the next  tournament I was in, which was good, because the entire thing was jousting and javelins. So, cheers guys! :D

Now, I have a question, has anyone done the mission where you have to infiltrate the enemy capital to meet a spy? I got into Tulga, but I can't find where the bastard is hiding :(
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: July 19, 2012, 09:12:54 am »

He (or she potentially) will just be one of the ordinary townspeople wandering around. You literally just have to stop everyone in the street and tell them the code phrase. If they're not the spy they'll just go, "What?" and be on their way.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: July 19, 2012, 09:24:24 am »

Dammit. I snuck in at midnight to avoid detection, so no peeps. :/
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: July 19, 2012, 11:16:29 am »

Yes, avoid the spy missions and anything involving cows.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: July 19, 2012, 08:06:00 pm »

Any solutions guys? I'm still looking around for one.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: July 19, 2012, 08:08:54 pm »

You should probably follow all those suggestions the helpful error message put up.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: July 19, 2012, 08:18:13 pm »

I did try them all, i dont normally keep my firewall on, and my anti virus has allowed downloads before.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: July 19, 2012, 08:56:11 pm »

I did try them all, i dont normally keep my firewall on, and my anti virus has allowed downloads before.

Sorry, problem does seem to be at your end.  If you think google chrome is the issue, download and install firefox.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: July 19, 2012, 09:20:24 pm »

Yes, avoid the spy missions and anything involving cows.
Nah, I disagree. The spy mission where you need to use the codeword is a piece of cake. The guy who gives you the mission will also mention if it's a man or a woman you should be looking for. You get a nice chunk of gold and exp for it as well as a substantial relations boost.

Cows yeah. Ignore those unless you modded the game so that cows follow you instead of you having to corral them.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: July 19, 2012, 09:27:02 pm »

.... cows....

I'm a noble/mercenary with an army in the dozens, if not hundreds... all fairly well armed... experienced... battle hardened... and they give us the mission to pick up lunch... and not only that but to pick up a lunch that wants to run away at every chance.

Cows are honestly the thing I hate most about that game.

And it always seems like if you want to get the villages on your side, you have to bring them cows...

Do I look like a cowboy? (And no, I'm not playing 1866.)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: July 19, 2012, 09:45:24 pm »

There's that other spy mission, though, where you have to follow the enemy spy to a meeting with his handler and then capture the both of them. I don't think I've ever successfully completed it. You have to either have a small or entirely mounted party with a good path-finding bonus to even keep up with the guy, and then you have to order your troops to use blunt weapons, so most of them are going around trying to punch the enemies into submission. Talk about a disaster.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: July 19, 2012, 09:54:45 pm »

On the other hand, perfectly made for someone who rides around with a group of manhunters in tow.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: July 19, 2012, 10:40:58 pm »

If cows are a problem, use TweakMB so the cows FOLLOW you instead of being forced to herd them for a pittance. I think the most I've got from a cattle herding mission is 500 denars.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: July 19, 2012, 11:34:35 pm »

Wait 500 for put up with those damn cows?
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: July 19, 2012, 11:44:00 pm »

It's not a significant amount once you get the trading down.

Which is sometimes my biggest complaint: In order to get dinars, the player is typically forced into trading.  While I'm usually fine with that, sometimes I'd rather fight than be some bloody Merchant of Venice knockoff.

Oh, and trading doesn't give you even one point of experience.  It's a total timesink, that admittedly gets you decent armor and wages for an army.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 310