Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657127 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2325 on: May 20, 2012, 12:16:20 pm »

I have 30%-50% relationship with the lords I try to convince (I was a vassal for a long time).
I never give opposite reasons but even if they hear the reason they want to hear, they don't join.

Sometimes they say things like "I would be safer with you, I would be more comfortable with you, I don't like the king anyway" etc but they still don't join me.

I guess that only leaves right to rule. It was around 40 if I remember right. I figured I won't need it since I'm just rebelling and not creating a faction. I'll try increasing that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: May 20, 2012, 06:57:34 pm »

40 is nowhere near enough. :P

You need triple digits if I remember correctly.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: May 20, 2012, 11:47:44 pm »

Or you could just carve out your own badass kingdom and make your followers vassals. I seem to recall you can do that, right?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: May 21, 2012, 12:59:31 am »

A war with the Vaegirs cut my feast short! >:(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh well. To victory!

EDIT: Right, so I convinced the Jarl leading that massive army to ride towards Rivacheg instead of Reyvadin. Fuck. But! Jarl Turya, the marshall, randomly starts a campaign and takes half the army with him. I convinced him to go after Reyvadin. We have easily 1000 men following Jarl Turya now thanks to his campaign and I'm not sure about the guys going towards Rivacheg.

EDIT2: 2000 men. 2000 men are attacking Reyvadin. They have 600 men in the garrison. See you in hell, fuckers!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:14:09 am by Jacob/Lee »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: May 22, 2012, 09:54:56 am »

My goodness. I just took another castle singlehandedly by letting my soldiers sit back and soak all the arrows, then going up the ladder, standing at the top, and tapping M1 while pretty much every single enemy ran into my bardiche. Gotta use a bardiche, if only for the jokes.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: May 22, 2012, 11:19:22 am »

That's really funny because some sieges use some kind of ramp thing. This is great because sometimes said ramp will be resting on a battlement instead of the walkway of the wall, which makes it impossible for the AI to get out of the castle because they don't know how to jump. Cue shooting gallery/meat grinder.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: May 22, 2012, 11:58:37 am »

My goodness. I just took another castle singlehandedly by letting my soldiers sit back and soak all the arrows, then going up the ladder, standing at the top, and tapping M1 while pretty much every single enemy ran into my bardiche. Gotta use a bardiche, if only for the jokes.
Doing the same thing while defending works well too. Just find a place that archers can't hit you and keep stabbing with a spear.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2332 on: May 22, 2012, 01:13:12 pm »

It's a shame most of the sieges in the TLD mod suck so much. Great scenes that could be awesome if the AI was guided to the proper positions, but instead they spawn in walls or spawn beside walls and run against them. And some of the player spawn locations are crap - like putting you right by the doors, when you're carrying a bow and the nearest ramp onto the walls is about half a mile behind you through a few gatehouses - all the while your troops are standing on top of the battlements and dropping like flies to enemy fire. It just takes about 30 dead troops worth of time to run the marathon that gets you onto the walls, and by then your guys up top are already dead and it's just you vs the 50 archers outside sniping at you, since the rest of the troops are down below hugging the wall.

Or another siege that puts you in a similar position, only this time they have a ramp onto the wall and by the time you get up there they've overrun the wall and killed all the archers and are shooting down at the clueless infantry below who just run against the wall and get shot.

It makes the crappy Native sieges look spectacularly functional.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: May 22, 2012, 02:08:02 pm »

My favorite part is when I get onto the walls and the enemies already there are stuck in the battlements while the stairs up are filled with dozens of melee troops trying to get past the archer who decided to shoot at me from the top of the stairway.

ed: On my new save, I took that castle and village from the desert kingdom that is right on the 4-way border with the Rhodoks, Swadia, and the Khanate. My boys and girls (with a little help from myself) have taken down something like 1500-1600 of their troops and captured 5 of their lords in three defensive actions over the past ingame week, and they still aren't slowing down. Is there something in the water?  :P
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:42:50 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: May 22, 2012, 06:37:47 pm »

Those very same sand people (also known as the Sarranid Sultanate) have taken Wercheg. OUR Wercheg. What's best is they declared war, took the town then called for peace. Fuckers. If we weren't jammed into a war with the 1-castle-wonder Swadians and the Vaegirs I would curbstomp some of their lords and start a war.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: May 22, 2012, 07:27:55 pm »

Do the Vaegirs even count as 'at war'? You'd think the status would be more like 'scheduled for extermination'.

On a funny note, the Sarranids aren't even really able to hurt me, as I've got pretty thick armor and a heavy charger, so the only things they have that can touch me are their high-end cav and archers. I've actually gotten into the habit of letting them encircle me right at the outside range of my Rhodok crossbow troops and watching that endless stream of '0 damage' messages while they get pincushioned. At several points I've been taking so many simultaneous no-damage hits that the hit/damage stream breaks and stops showing anything for a while.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: May 22, 2012, 07:48:37 pm »

I love glitches.

EDIT: LOL this is even better.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 08:09:48 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2337 on: May 22, 2012, 10:26:20 pm »

Obviously Ragnar has usurped the Swadian throne. I see nothing wrong with this.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: May 22, 2012, 10:47:05 pm »

Obviously Ragnar has usurped the Swadian throne. I see nothing wrong with this.
You know, after looking at King Ragnar's record, I wouldn't doubt him holding one of his own vassals hostage for money. He has 70 controversy and is -somehow- *cough cough* getting a bunch of fiefs, at 7 now.

I'd guess this thing is a bug related to marshalls and prisoner quests. Instead of drawing on the real name of the lord it just replaces it with the last string of text used. The first time I had talked to him about what he was doing, I'm pretty sure the second time I asked him what he thought of King Ragnar or where he was.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: May 22, 2012, 11:09:27 pm »

Ragnar seems to be programmed to give himself a lot of fiefs. This causes a large amount of disgruntled and rebelling nobles to the point where he can only have a handfull of loyal nobles. Nobody knows if it's intended or a bug. 
If you want a stable Nord throne but don't want to take it yourself you can always put Lethwin on the throne, he doesn't seem to have this behaviour. Although putting him there might make some Nordic Nobles leave the kingdom.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 310