Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657114 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2280 on: May 18, 2012, 08:50:15 pm »

I don't even bother with backing my men down the hill. Huscarls have pretty damn big shields already and their shield skill makes that forcefield even bigger. Combine that with

and even if the enemy had automatic, javelin-firing, heat-seeking railguns they still wouldn't be able to make it through something like that.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2281 on: May 18, 2012, 09:12:10 pm »

I love riding around enemy armies and fills them with arrows. Every time I shoot someone in the face, I mumble "Headshot!" in my best Unreal Tournament voice.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: May 18, 2012, 09:15:07 pm »

I don't even bother with backing my men down the hill. Huscarls have pretty damn big shields already and their shield skill makes that forcefield even bigger. Combine that with

and even if the enemy had automatic, javelin-firing, heat-seeking railguns they still wouldn't be able to make it through something like that.

Huh. Is there an alternate way to rotate the camera or something that I've missed all these times?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: May 18, 2012, 10:08:02 pm »

Was reminded of tournament silliness today. When it's exclusively lancers, the AI inevitably get stuck in a little line of horses facing the wall, all tapping each others' shoulders with 0 damage hits from their practice lances.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: May 18, 2012, 10:31:46 pm »

Huh. Is there an alternate way to rotate the camera or something that I've missed all these times?
The 'veiw outfit' key. I think it's ~ tilde by default. I have mine set to E, though.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: May 18, 2012, 10:48:19 pm »

The 'veiw outfit' key. I think it's ~ tilde by default. I have mine set to E, though.
Ah, thanks. That'll come in handy when I want to make badass poses.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: May 18, 2012, 11:00:25 pm »

For me that key is like a goddamn addiction. I always use it to see how purdy I is.
Hello Hunam

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: May 19, 2012, 12:33:17 am »

Was reminded of tournament silliness today. When it's exclusively lancers, the AI inevitably get stuck in a little line of horses facing the wall, all tapping each others' shoulders with 0 damage hits from their practice lances.
Even better, kill some lancer's horses and watch them run around and poke each other.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: May 19, 2012, 12:35:42 am »

That's why I only play Nordic tournaments. The AI doesn't know how to deal with practice lances.
Hello Hunam

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: May 19, 2012, 12:42:13 am »

2-handers piss me off when I'm riding a horse in the tournament. They ALWAYS block. ALWAYS. Grrr >:(

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: May 19, 2012, 12:43:13 am »

Fake them out. AI doesn't do well with feints.

Even works with lances if you do it right. Even then you should couch lance. Only shielders can block that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: May 19, 2012, 12:44:12 am »

Heh, when I get dismounted in those, I just drop my lance and punch things. All those 1 damage hits add up after a while. Though to be fair, I've actually taken proper couched hits from AI, it's just that they can't properly handle turning or the concept of momentum.

Hm. Turns out I've accidentally been raiding Rhodok villages. Now I'm stuck in a battle with 60 Rhodoks, mostly crossbowmen, with a handful of recruits and mercenaries. Thank goodness for 2-handed sabres.

3. Run Resize Enable

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: May 19, 2012, 12:46:39 am »

tournament arenas are just too small for horsemen, even more so when they spawn half the team on horseback.  If the developers wanted to have horses in the arena it should of been a 1v1 jousting system.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: May 19, 2012, 12:56:16 am »

When a couched lance is coming for my face I charge right at them. Right before they land a blow, I jump and swing. It's hilarious because you get a damage bonus for the enemy horseman's speed along with what you might get from running and jumping, which might actually be enough for a 1-hit KO.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: May 19, 2012, 01:01:31 am »

Heh, I just use my own couched hit against their horse, because it usually dismounts them before they can hit me.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 310