Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657078 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2235 on: April 24, 2012, 02:21:57 pm »

The problem is that velvet workshops cost 10,000 denars to set up, and while they do give ~500-600 denars per week (In everywhere but Jelkala), you'll need to wait ~19-21 weeks before you start to profit from it.
Normally you really profit from the fact that you have a steady income which automatically pays the wages of your men without you having to worry about that, but if you have few troops you may find other workshops to be better.
You need to consider the fact that you can only have 1 workshop per city though, and if you get rid of one to get a more profitable one then you lose the original investment completely.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 27, 2012, 04:34:36 am »

Napoleonic Wars is so much fun. I want to try and join a regiment similar to the BAB (the guy who posts their videos has some of the best multiplayer game videos anywhere on youtube, seriously) but there's only one active Australian server and it's 32 a side and not usually enormously friendly or big on the teamwork. It's a real shame, because this is a game where, if everyone works together, is amazing.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:38:48 am by Jackrabbit »

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 27, 2012, 10:57:41 am »

Steam just auto-patched me to 1.152.

1.152 Changelog:

Common:
- Bugs related with sounds and music have been fixed. Disable music option now works correctly.
- Muskets sticking to left hand after reloading bug has been fixed.

Single player:
- Several dialog text fixes.
- Lords now defect even faster when their faction has no centers left.
- Minor fix on faction AI.

Multiplayer:
- Trees with bad physics that caused missiles to pass through them have been fixed.
- Switching module without closing the application now works.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 27, 2012, 12:18:55 pm »

Quote from: Changelog
- Bugs related with sounds and music have been fixed.

User feedback on official forums suggests they haven't.
Also, the archers-turning-their-backs bug is not fixed.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 27, 2012, 12:35:34 pm »

That archer bug is really irritating. I was surprised it wasn't a priority.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 27, 2012, 01:23:27 pm »

Apparently not fixed because the devs couldn't reproduce it ?
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3939

Fortunately, someone just provided them a save game for that, so hopefully 1.153 is not too far

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 27, 2012, 04:55:44 pm »

Napoleonic Wars is so much fun. I want to try and join a regiment similar to the BAB (the guy who posts their videos has some of the best multiplayer game videos anywhere on youtube, seriously) but there's only one active Australian server and it's 32 a side and not usually enormously friendly or big on the teamwork. It's a real shame, because this is a game where, if everyone works together, is amazing.

There is actually a whole forum topic about NW where people have suggested starting a regiment.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: May 17, 2012, 01:45:12 am »

Having fun as a Sarranid raider named Rajesh ( for those of you who watch Big Bang Theory, that might be both funny and offensive ). 

Have about 9 Sarranid soldiers, whom I've been using to attack peasants from both the Swadians and Rhodoks.  My real beef is with the Rhodok's.  Rajesh suffered many defeats, and lost a number of items ( including his horse ) at the hands of Rhodok crossbow deserters.

But I've bounced back and decided to raid soft targets ( swadian peasants ) to toughen up my 9 member-strong raider band.  I don't really wanna piss off the swadians, so once I get around 3000 denars, I'll pay them off. 

And then I'm going to bring the full force of Rajesh's Raiders to bear against the Rhodoks. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #2243 on: May 17, 2012, 02:29:45 am »

haha awesome. xD

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: May 17, 2012, 10:38:30 am »

Finally got WB, and my first online session was disappointing, mostly because of the slightly different melee throwing off my timing combined with a poor connection. :|

Time to go back to the old standby of butchering entire villages worth of peasants in SP until I can afford to hire cavalry mercs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 17, 2012, 10:40:50 am »

Finally got WB, and my first online session was disappointing, mostly because of the slightly different melee throwing off my timing combined with a poor connection. :|

Time to go back to the old standby of butchering entire villages worth of peasants in SP until I can afford to hire cavalry mercs.

Ah Multiplayer.  Thou art a fickle mistress.  The last time I went to multiplayer, there were so little servers, I figured everyone was playing the Napoleon expansion.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 17, 2012, 11:42:27 am »

Ah Multiplayer.  Thou art a fickle mistress.  The last time I went to multiplayer, there were so little servers, I figured everyone was playing the Napoleon expansion.
Yeah, that's what I've noticed as well; the only server with more than 3-4 people for the native module was EU, so I was the only one with triple digit ping.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: May 17, 2012, 12:16:03 pm »

And then I'm going to bring the full force of Rajesh's Raiders to bear against the Rhodoks. 

Oh yeah, I'm sure the Rhodok king will quake in his boots at the sight of your nine guys.  :P

Ezzran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: May 17, 2012, 02:52:05 pm »

The King? Probably not xD But a weaker count might if they're trained enough. I've beaten armies of 300 with only about 40-50 men before, so...

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: May 17, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »

Aye, but the smaller the battle the more numbers counts. You might be badass but you against 20? You'll be destroyed when on foot unless you're a damn high level. 50 vs 300? They can't surround you as easily.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 310