Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657083 times)

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2220 on: April 21, 2012, 02:17:46 pm »

Anyone playing the new DLC (Napoleonic Wars) for Warband? Or am I just missing the thread for it?

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 21, 2012, 03:05:26 pm »

I too would like to know if there are large European servers active because then I'm willing to buy it.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 21, 2012, 03:58:24 pm »

Apparently from what i have read in the main board, the Warband 1.151 patch recently released to accommodate the DLC release has broken archers (they turn their back to the enemy now instead of aiming and firing at them) and created sounds problem with Warband.

I guess i'll stay for a bit longer with 1.143 and mods hoping it will not take them as much time as 1.143 to 1.151 to release a new patch fixing those newly introduced bugs.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 04:04:52 pm by Robsoie »

Vonyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 21, 2012, 04:44:11 pm »

I too would like to know if there are large European servers active because then I'm willing to buy it.

For now there are about 5-10 servers (EU) with more then 100 players on them and 1-3 with 200 (max) on.

Ofc depending on which day it is and what time.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 21, 2012, 07:58:25 pm »

Servers seem pretty active, I've noticed several that max out at 200 fairly frequently. It does vary quite a bit, and I have no idea how long people will continue to play ...

But it's pretty fun. The musicians are great, nothing like "sneaking" up behind someone in a house, banging away at your drum, then pulling out your weapon at the last minute and *stabstabstab*

Only possible in pub games, naturally. And in the pub games -- friends, let me tell you! -- chaos. Sweet, hilarious chaos. You should see the tragic team killing embodied in a single rocket (they have historical levels of accuracy, meaning basically none, so hit team mates more often than enemies).

Not really my favorite period, but I've had so many laughs already. I'll keep playing as long as the servers have decent populations.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 21, 2012, 08:46:37 pm »

How does Napoleonic Wars compare to Mount and Musket?

Edit: Just found out that Napoleonic Wars is the new M&M, never mind.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:49:13 pm by AussieGuy »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 23, 2012, 10:37:55 am »

I just made a new character, that will try to do absolutely nothing but trade, and gain money, through the whole traveling salesman thing.  I hope to save enough money and buy some property, maybe an iron producing forge ( or whatever it's called ). 

In time, after hopefully amassing a lot of wealth, I'll hire plenty of mercenaries, siege a weak city, take it and add it to territory, try to survive, and if I'm lucky, I'll be the first ruler of a republic city in Calradia.  Like Florence. 

Just posting for no real reason. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 23, 2012, 10:47:54 am »

I tried the whole trading thing and its really not all that interesting. Prices seem to remain stactic so there will be 1 or 2 main routes you'll take and the only real danger will be bandits or deserters who can be mopped up extremely easily with a few horseman mercs. 

Farming tounrys and freelancing gives you much more income and you won't have to dedicate points to the more passive skills. Reknown, reputation and relations are worth more than any amount of gold.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 23, 2012, 10:49:44 am »

I was going to try the trading thing, couldn't stick with it ... but kudos to you if you manage that, it's definitely not the normal rise to power (in M&B anyway). I just didn't have the patience.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 23, 2012, 11:07:28 am »

I think most large servers will be EU based as the EU community is simply the largest for all of TW's games.  :o
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #2230 on: April 23, 2012, 12:04:56 pm »

I just made a new character, that will try to do absolutely nothing but trade, and gain money, through the whole traveling salesman thing.  I hope to save enough money and buy some property, maybe an iron producing forge ( or whatever it's called ). 

In time, after hopefully amassing a lot of wealth, I'll hire plenty of mercenaries, siege a weak city, take it and add it to territory, try to survive, and if I'm lucky, I'll be the first ruler of a republic city in Calradia.  Like Florence. 

Just posting for no real reason.

Sounds interesting keep us updated yeah?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 24, 2012, 02:24:30 am »

Been taking the trading thing slow.  *Cue tortoise and hare metaphor*.  I find it surprising though, because I normally get about only 100 or so profit from the most promising trades.  It's awesome to see you get 440 profit from spices, silks or other goods.

The horse merc thing?  I do intend to get those guys, thing is, I only have 3000 denars, and I rely on personal speed rather than protection to reach my destination.

On the topic of productive property, what shop should I get?  I wanna get an ironworking property, but if there is anything more profitable, please give me some tips. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 24, 2012, 02:27:31 am »

The silk workshop will give you the greatest profit in most cities.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:01:09 am by Sordid »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 24, 2012, 10:39:55 am »

The problem is that velvet workshops cost 10,000 denars to set up, and while they do give ~500-600 denars per week (In everywhere but Jelkala), you'll need to wait ~19-21 weeks before you start to profit from it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 24, 2012, 11:03:42 am »

I find Iron in Curaw (I think that's it. Central city in Vieger territory) to be an excellent choice. It produces plenty of cheap iron, so it's almost always highly profitable to have an ironworks there.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 310