Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657065 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2190 on: March 01, 2012, 03:27:16 pm »

Oh, thought it would be in the main mod section...

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/ <-- thats the link right?  I'm using chrome+ad-block... no redirects and the likes.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 31, 2012, 12:04:40 pm »

I finally managed to get ahold of the War of the Third Coalition mod. Pretty fun, especially with the formation controls and battle groups. Does anyone know what determines the maximum number of troops a commander can have? Right now, I've got Patrick Harper with about 70 Swiss Line Infantry, Bjorne with 52 Hessian Hussars, and Klethi seems only capable of taking about 30-something troops. I think I was able to add one or more soldiers after bumping up one of them's Charisma stat.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 31, 2012, 02:05:44 pm »

Typically Leadership gives +5(or was it 10 or 15?) Soldiers, Charm gives +1 Soldier and Fame gives +X Soldiers.  Mods can change this.

There is the fact that Klethi is a mere commoner and not famous... and the Patrick Harper guy sounds like a proper noble...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:19:10 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: April 03, 2012, 11:43:46 am »

Companions cannot gain Leadership. I've tried. It seems that leveling up might add a small amount of troops to their cap, though.

And the 1805 mod handles it slightly differently. You can assign a battle group to your companions(the player's party is Guard, first assigned companion is 1st Battle, etc), and then give their command group soldiers from your main Guard, which does NOT count towards your party limit, effectively increasing your unit cap.

I've since recruited Bunduk, and I can't remember for sure, but he may have a higher limit than Klethi. It may be true that the effect is coded to each companion.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: April 13, 2012, 04:26:08 am »

So... I just played the demo of Mount & Blade after watching some of jefmajor's LP of it, and I'm thinking about getting it. The only problem is I keep hearing some conflicting things about Warband and With Fire and Sword. Are they expansion packs? Stand-alone games? What do they add or change about the core experience?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: April 13, 2012, 04:42:39 am »

Warband and F&S are both standalone. I think the original M&B and Warband run of different engines, between Warband and F&S I'm not so sure; there's even an F&S mod for Warband that I hear is little different from F&S itself.

The two biggest changes between Warband and the original are multiplayer and the ability to have your own kingdom with lords and such (Whereas attempting the same in the original would require you to fight against all kingdoms on your own.). Granted, vanilla Warband is still severely lacking in the diplomacy department; though the Diplomacy mod contained in many other mods helps alleviate that somewhat.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 04:46:36 am by Blaze »

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: April 13, 2012, 04:46:28 am »

Warband and With Fire and Sword are expandalones, so the original game isn't necessary. Warband adds multiplayer, a faction and changed the combat mechanics a bit, but is otherwise identical to the original. With Fire and Sword has a different map and factions and has a different combat focus (ranged), and also adds a bit of tedium. There is also a new expandalone that is pretty much a warband multiplayer mod (mount & musket batallion) bundled up as an official release.

I would recommend getting Warband if you have none of the others.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: April 13, 2012, 05:17:11 am »

OK, thanks. ^^^ Does Warband have higher system requirements than M&B? It sounds like the better deal, but my computer may not be able to run it very well if so.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: April 13, 2012, 05:37:39 am »

Pretty much the same, and not very demanding. Warband did upgrade the graphics and texture quality somewhat, but it's all very tunable in the options.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: April 13, 2012, 05:44:12 am »

Indeed, warband is the best of the lot right now.  Quite a few mods to gander at too after you have your share of vanilla.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: April 13, 2012, 05:58:47 am »

Nice. Again, thanks for the help. I appreciate it. ^^^ Guess I'll be setting this to download on Steam pretty soon.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: April 13, 2012, 08:17:54 am »

Pretty much the same, and not very demanding. Warband did upgrade the graphics and texture quality somewhat, but it's all very tunable in the options.

It actually has better performance even with those upgrades thanks to a lot of optimization that wasn't retroactively applied to M&B.
WB is M&B + additional features. It literally has everything M&B has and then some, it's better in every respect. Don't even bother thinking about the original.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:19:39 am by Sordid »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: April 13, 2012, 08:39:36 am »

Combat also feels a lot more smoother and organic for me. The third person camera also seems to be in a better spot. Only reason I've ever fired up the first Mount and Blade is due to a few select mods which however don't seem to stable and have a habit of CTD.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: April 13, 2012, 10:08:53 am »

I think the mouse swinging mechanic was changed (or maybe just defaults to a different option?), in M&B I believe you had to walk in the direction you wanted to swing, and now it depends on which way you drag your mouse. Took a bit getting used to it but now it's all cool runnings.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: April 13, 2012, 10:27:55 am »

It actually has better performance even with those upgrades thanks to a lot of optimization that wasn't retroactively applied to M&B.
WB is M&B + additional features. It literally has everything M&B has and then some, it's better in every respect. Don't even bother thinking about the original.
Clearly you've never heard of The Last Days mod, it's quite brilliant, if I could say so.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 310