Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657022 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2145 on: January 26, 2012, 02:42:58 am »

Has anyone ever gotten one of those missions to break a guy out of jail? I can't seem to even complete those. So far I can only figure out that you need to take over the town, or break the guy out of jail by fighting a large number of guards with nothing but a staff and throwing knives in a horrible starting position.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2146 on: January 26, 2012, 02:46:46 am »

Has anyone ever gotten one of those missions to break a guy out of jail? I can't seem to even complete those. So far I can only figure out that you need to take over the town, or break the guy out of jail by fighting a large number of guards with nothing but a staff and throwing knives in a horrible starting position.

If you have to break out the guy from a non-hostile faction's castle, you can bring your equipment. Talk to the guard, ask for the keys, take them by force, free the prisoner, then beat the guards.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: January 26, 2012, 02:58:17 am »

If you have to break out the guy from a non-hostile faction's castle, you can bring your equipment. Talk to the guard, ask for the keys, take them by force, free the prisoner, then beat the guards.

The game mentioned something about having connections. Is there a third way to do it? Like have really good relations with the owning lord or something?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 26, 2012, 06:36:49 am »

The game mentioned something about having connections. Is there a third way to do it? Like have really good relations with the owning lord or something?

You can start a fire in a village nearby to reduce the number of guards you are going to fight. Just talk to the village elder and bribe them into starting a fire.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: January 26, 2012, 06:56:37 am »

Honestly I cheat like a motherfucker on those missions because it's maximum retard. So I'm wearing this big cloak that doesn't actually make me look like a peasant, and I'm not wearing anything underneath it? Personally I don't accept those missions if I can help it especially because once I could find the prison guard, yet the actual door to the prison wasn't there.
Not to mention never actually succeeding at sneaking into the town when you have any significant amount of renown, might as well just walk in fully armoured.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: January 26, 2012, 07:16:06 am »

Honestly I cheat like a motherfucker on those missions because it's maximum retard. So I'm wearing this big cloak that doesn't actually make me look like a peasant, and I'm not wearing anything underneath it?
Maybe you are. You have your armor and weapons when you start rescuing the prisoner.

I always do there missions because pay is good and relationship bonus may come in handy. It's not that difficult even in maximum combat damage. Just pick the retards off with your bow as they charge. If they have shields let the lord you are rescuing attack him and kill the enemy dude by getting behind him as he fights the prisoner.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: January 26, 2012, 11:07:25 am »

I avoid plundering cause it feels like hacks. You can probably get more money from plundering then doing ANYTHING else. Even spawn camping their king for ransom.

Eh, I'm only doing it for WFaS. Generally, half of my battles end up with me getting hit by a bullet and taken prisoner, so having a way to quickly regain my army and equipment is a good thing. Especially since my captors are faster than me, so I get captured several times in a row, which means that I lose more than half my money and all a good chunk of my weapons.

If I were playing the orginal or warband, then I would agree with you. The other sources of income are good enough to rebuild your army for the odd time that you lose. And if you do become a prisoner, then you generally can outrun your captors when you escape, so you only lose a couple thousand denarii.

Not to mention never actually succeeding at sneaking into the town when you have any significant amount of renown, might as well just walk in fully armoured.

I always found sneaking into the towns to be lots of fun. By the time that I need to sneak into towns, I'd have enough armour that I could just tank the damage. Having to focus on blocking and dodging makes for a nice change of pace.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: January 26, 2012, 03:03:05 pm »

Problem is you can't do that with a city garrisoned by 300 guys. Unless I'm missing something and there is a way to get into an enemy town with all your gear.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: January 26, 2012, 03:19:50 pm »

Problem is you can't do that with a city garrisoned by 300 guys. Unless I'm missing something and there is a way to get into an enemy town with all your gear.

Huh? The size of the garrison doesn't seem to affect anything when sneaking, except perhaps detection chance. Whenever I sneak into a town I face five grunts tops, from the wealthiest cities to the poorest. Are we talking about the same thing here?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: January 26, 2012, 03:21:43 pm »

Huh? The size of the garrison doesn't seem to affect anything when sneaking, except perhaps detection chance. Whenever I sneak into a town I face five grunts tops, from the wealthiest cities to the poorest. Are we talking about the same thing here?

You guys were talking about going in with full armor. Whenever i sneak into a town it's with rags, a staff, and throwing knives. I'm wondering how your sneaking into town with armor.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: January 26, 2012, 03:24:38 pm »

Ah. Well, you can't sneak into a town with full armour. Just rags, staff and throwing knives. I think that you might have gotten sneaking into the city confused with rescuing a prisoner. Only when you rescue a prisoner do you get to wear your full equipment (and even then you have to wander around in your rags for a bit).

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: January 26, 2012, 03:29:06 pm »

Ah. Well, you can't sneak into a town with full armour. Just rags, staff and throwing knives. I think that you might have gotten sneaking into the city confused with rescuing a prisoner. Only when you rescue a prisoner do you get to wear your full equipment (and even then you have to wander around in your rags for a bit).

I tried rescuing a prisoner recently. I never got my armor and stuff. Had to fight them with the staff.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: January 26, 2012, 03:36:58 pm »

Hmm. I know that beforehand you have to whack the prison guard with your staff, but you should get your stuff back after talking to the prisoner.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: January 26, 2012, 04:30:51 pm »

Hmm. I know that beforehand you have to whack the prison guard with your staff, but you should get your stuff back after talking to the prisoner.
Ah, well I never got that far. They always put up their shield and wait for their friends.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: January 26, 2012, 06:36:56 pm »

Ah, well I never got that far. They always put up their shield and wait for their friends.
Talk to him with your staff drawn and kill him before he manages to unsheathe his weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 310