Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657007 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2100 on: January 23, 2012, 08:32:21 pm »

When I was bothering  Rhodocks a while ago in WB, I had followed a party that was running away, and I was able to ask if I could improve my relations. They said that Rhodocks would forgive me for a thousand denars.
Hello Hunam

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: January 23, 2012, 08:36:05 pm »

I wonder if its profitable to buy forgiveness and go about looting.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: January 24, 2012, 02:15:12 am »

Generally not. If you're still in the stages of being a single waylayer, you probably aren't making enough money. You need troops to take on the bigger guys with more expensive loot. The sea raiders offer good loot, and a few Khergit recruits ought to distract them enough for you to knock a few unconscious for the slaver.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: January 24, 2012, 02:23:25 am »

You probably wouldnt have too many issues soloing a group of looters to get some prisoners if you have 1/2 ok armor and horse.  When it comes to taking prisoners ive always found the iron staff thing to be a winner.  Or you could just follow some manhunters or wait for some noble to dust it up with some rebels and just pitch in.

For real chuck norris play make the rhodocks hate you then just get involved in every fight that any other nation has with them.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: January 24, 2012, 04:03:09 am »

Just started playing again and realized that plundering villages nets you massive loot. I'm starting to build my whole playstyle around plundering, it's a small, fast moving, elite force with many points in surgery.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: January 24, 2012, 04:12:29 am »

Just started playing again and realized that plundering villages nets you massive loot. I'm starting to build my whole playstyle around plundering, it's a small, fast moving, elite force with many points in surgery.

Hire Khergits. 

I might do this.  There's nothing more mobile than a single man on a good horse, but there lies the difficulty in fighting 60 or so farmers.  I actually did this a few times, died every time, but I managed to kill around forty farmers on my best run. 

It was really fun, I felt like I was playing a hack'n'slash arcade game, killing scores of peasants every few seconds. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: January 24, 2012, 05:04:32 am »

This will fuck you up when it comes to ruling villages though, assuming you plan on doing that, or care what the villagers think of you :P
*Hugs*

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: January 24, 2012, 05:25:31 am »

There's nothing more mobile than a single man on a good horse, but there lies the difficulty in fighting 60 or so farmers.  I actually did this a few times, died every time, but I managed to kill around forty farmers on my best run. 
Bow and 2 large stacks of arrows and a favored weapon. no problem.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: January 24, 2012, 06:13:28 am »

Chipped great sword, crude mail armor, good helmet, nothing else. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: January 24, 2012, 07:05:06 am »

This will fuck you up when it comes to ruling villages though, assuming you plan on doing that, or care what the villagers think of you :P

Pah, when I take over I just assign my old plundering targets to other lords. I only ever bother getting recruits from my recruit farms anyway. Villages that like you more give you better and more troops after all, so you only need to visit them a few times.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: January 24, 2012, 08:49:19 am »

Pah, when I take over I just assign my old plundering targets to other lords. I only ever bother getting recruits from my recruit farms anyway. Villages that like you more give you better and more troops after all, so you only need to visit them a few times.

Getting toll money from enemy caravans is a good way to get money too. More troops you have, more money you will extort. It doesn't have any disadvantages too.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: January 24, 2012, 10:19:37 am »

I do so love getting to the point where my character is less "some guy who just jumped off the caravan" and more "Dynasty Warriors incarnate" swinging his axe and taking even seasoned troops down with a single blow.

Almost gets boring then, though.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: January 24, 2012, 11:00:26 am »

And then a random crossbow bolt knocks you out.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: January 24, 2012, 03:12:59 pm »

Helmets, young padawan.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2114 on: January 24, 2012, 03:22:20 pm »

Hire Khergits. 

I might do this.  There's nothing more mobile than a single man on a good horse, but there lies the difficulty in fighting 60 or so farmers.  I actually did this a few times, died every time, but I managed to kill around forty farmers on my best run. 

It was really fun, I felt like I was playing a hack'n'slash arcade game, killing scores of peasants every few seconds.

1. Hire 20-50 Khergit horse archers, some of the cavarly spearmen
2. When in combat, have them follow you
3. The horse archers follow you, and paint the enemy troops with arrows. Once the enemies are outnumbered, send your men to fight whoever they please (charge). This works really well against normal troops, but not effective at capturing castles/towns.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 310