Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656930 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2025 on: August 21, 2011, 06:30:46 pm »

The reason why you can't compared the names of units in Rome:Total War and Brytenwalda is that Rome had long descriptions under each unit, telling about training, history, equipment and purpose. Not just a fancy name.
Camp menu. Troop tree... Its there in game too...

Possibly, but I didn't find it and I looked, granted this is 2 months ago, but nothing made me want to continue playing and I'm a huge sucker for accuracy and historical detail.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: August 22, 2011, 01:13:16 am »

Try running a GUI interface in visual basic and see if you can trace the corrupt file.

Oh god, that episode made me facepalm through my face

Is this referencing something I should know?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: August 22, 2011, 01:34:11 am »

Try running a GUI interface in visual basic and see if you can trace the corrupt file.

Oh god, that episode made me facepalm through my face

Is this referencing something I should know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU
Thank you based dwarf.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: August 22, 2011, 11:10:16 am »

Uuuuh. Wow. Way to go, CSI...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: August 22, 2011, 01:12:58 pm »

Yeah, that.

You'd think a show that apparently is all about the details would know what it's going on about.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2030 on: August 22, 2011, 01:42:27 pm »

Yeah, that.

You'd think a show that apparently is all about the details would know what it's going on about.

My understanding is that the writers for those shows are in some kind of competition to see how stupid they can make the computer technobabble sound to a knowledgeable user while leaving the average viewer in the dark.  NCIS' "she has all the high scores on all the MMOs!" is also quite notorious.

KG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: August 22, 2011, 01:50:33 pm »

Oh god, at first I thought Grakelin was just being dumb... then I saw the reference...

BAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: August 22, 2011, 03:33:25 pm »

Oh god, at first I thought Grakelin was just being dumb... then I saw the reference...

BAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!
If you had 16 cores and a 10MB pipe you would have got it a lot quicker.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:35:11 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:29 pm »

Live, old thread.

After an in-game year of my toiling under King Graveth and generally being an honorable Count, destroying his enemies, taking castles in his name, and being a jerk to the lords he didn't like (read: half the kingdom), the Kingdom of Rhodoks finally overextended its reach. Maybe completely crushing the Swadians and making the Sarranids look silly was part of it, but now the fledgling Rhodok empire is at war with the Nords, the Vaegirs, the Sarrandis, and the Khergits, all of them with the "to curb the other realm's power" pretext. My bad.

So I did what any honorable Count would do. I cut my losses and started a one-army war on the Sarranids. THERE'S NO WAY THIS COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG.

Are there any other companions it would be okay to enfeoff (enfief? befief?) besides Alayen? I have no idea which are the noble ones besides him (maybe Basheshtur and Matheld) and I have the strangest notion that making Rolf a Lord wouldn't go over well with the other (prospective) nobles.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: October 10, 2011, 12:20:49 pm »

Live, old thread.

After an in-game year of my toiling under King Graveth and generally being an honorable Count, destroying his enemies, taking castles in his name, and being a jerk to the lords he didn't like (read: half the kingdom), the Kingdom of Rhodoks finally overextended its reach. Maybe completely crushing the Swadians and making the Sarranids look silly was part of it, but now the fledgling Rhodok empire is at war with the Nords, the Vaegirs, the Sarrandis, and the Khergits, all of them with the "to curb the other realm's power" pretext. My bad.

So I did what any honorable Count would do. I cut my losses and started a one-army war on the Sarranids. THERE'S NO WAY THIS COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG.

Are there any other companions it would be okay to enfeoff (enfief? befief?) besides Alayen? I have no idea which are the noble ones besides him (maybe Basheshtur and Matheld) and I have the strangest notion that making Rolf a Lord wouldn't go over well with the other (prospective) nobles.

I think it would be best to look up the relations chart first. It sucks when your guys leave because they don't like someone else in your army. So childish.

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Heroes

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: October 10, 2011, 12:40:50 pm »

I think it would be best to look up the relations chart first. It sucks when your guys leave because they don't like someone else in your army. So childish.

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Heroes

Oh no, I managed to keep everyone happy, mostly by killing everything at the drop of a hat.

Well, Marnid didn't like that but he can shove his precious trade caravan up his non-killy bum for all I care.

I also don't have Katrin and Bunduk, but that's because I haven't seen Katrin since the very first week of this game, and Bunduk never shows up anymore (I assume he's hiding somewhere in Nord territory).
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: October 10, 2011, 04:53:59 pm »

Surprised these topics haven't came up yet.

Apparently Mount and blade 2 has been annouced but there is no word of an offical release year.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,197608.0.html?PHPSESSID=r5nnpq9iu8ml7unbdaiog1m960

Apparently a new module from the With Fire and Sword guys is being created. Based in the Caribbeans Islands which should mean full naval warfare. Think Pirates! people.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,198218.0.html?PHPSESSID=r5nnpq9iu8ml7unbdaiog1m960

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: October 10, 2011, 11:22:40 pm »

Anyone know any good singleplayer mods for warband. I'm enjoying the warband version of TEATRC but it's full of bugs. I've killed my doppleganger eleven times this month and taken the Telltale Mace on seven seperate occasions.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: October 11, 2011, 01:05:39 am »

Can't wait for the Carribeans Module for F&S.

Also, playing Brytenwalda, it isn't so bad, I couldn't understand the names but the types in parentheses next to their names makes it easier.

Also I accidentally downloaded 3.11 previously and the load times were really, really slow.

But now, with 1.38, loading a new game is pretty fast.

Enjoying the mod now.

EDIT: Brytenwalda's English is terrible, but with 1.38, plenty of the problems were fixed, but the "Nobody want join to you" when you try to recruit someone in a city just makes me cringe.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:07:34 am by justinlee999 »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: October 11, 2011, 05:26:51 pm »

Can't wait for the Carribeans Module for F&S.

Also, playing Brytenwalda, it isn't so bad, I couldn't understand the names but the types in parentheses next to their names makes it easier.

Also I accidentally downloaded 3.11 previously and the load times were really, really slow.

But now, with 1.38, loading a new game is pretty fast.

Enjoying the mod now.

EDIT: Brytenwalda's English is terrible, but with 1.38, plenty of the problems were fixed, but the "Nobody want join to you" when you try to recruit someone in a city just makes me cringe.
Personally I've never had any problem understanding Brytenwalda, but recent versions have been riddled with bugs. Things like destructible ladders resulting in sieges continuing for hours with no way of ending them unless you cheat to knock out all your troops.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 310